Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else play MMO's?

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Anyone else play MMO's?

I was wondering if any of you guys play MMO's.

Im a non-stereotypical video game nerd, im capable of having a normal conversation with other people, I play sports regularly (Rugby) and I have a girlfriend but dear lord I have a serious MMO addiction I play them much more than I should and they are by far my favourite game genre. If I had the choice of going out to a club with the Mrs or doing a raid with my mates who I have never even met... odds are im doing the raid

My drug of choice is Star Wars the old republic, I also dabble in planet side 2 and recently I have played a bit of Rift and Everquest 2. Ive never got into WOW though, I just cant stand the leveling content, I do have all the games though, even the pandas. I play TOR obsessively, to the point the GF thinks I prefer my trooper to her. I really enjoy the social and team based aspects of MMO's especially raiding or massive coordinated assaults in ps2.

MMO's are just my thing, FPS with the exception of PS2 and maybe BF3 jut don't do it for me. I also love RPG's but MMO's are the core of my gaming diet.

This all may just seem nerdy gibberish to most of you but maybe I will find a few fellow MMO gamers on here
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can't find one I like. I get annoyed when you have to party to continue the story. I may try Elder Scrolls Online or Blade & Soul when they come out, but my hopes aren't high.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqJA1Rteio
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I played Final Fantasy XI for a while in my early 20s. The time required to get anything of substance in these games is too much for me, though. Once I realized I had to start scheduling parts of my week for stuff on the game if I wanted to get it done, I stopped. My schedule was already packed with school, work, and band practice. Plus, most of my free time was spent getting into drunk girl's underwear. Now, I teach a few classes as part of my doctoral program, have my normal classes, do some consulting work, and am married. There is no way I'd have the time necessary to put into these games. Besides, I prefer to be able to just pick up and play for a bit on my own time. You can't really do that with MMOs...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I played Final Fantasy XI for a while in my early 20s. The time required to get anything of substance in these games is too much for me, though. Once I realized I had to start scheduling parts of my week for stuff on the game if I wanted to get it done, I stopped. My schedule was already packed with school, work, and band practice. Plus, most of my free time was spent getting into drunk girl's underwear. Now, I teach a few classes as part of my doctoral program, have my normal classes, do some consulting work, and am married. There is no way I'd have the time necessary to put into these games. Besides, I prefer to be able to just pick up and play for a bit on my own time. You can't really do that with MMOs...
    All great points as well. Plus, the story is usually lacking. That's most of why I play RPGs.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    All great points as well. Plus, the story is usually lacking. That's most of why I play RPGs.
    Yeah, that's definitely an issue. The games never really end...
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, that's definitely an issue. The games never really end...
    I played TERA for a little while and thought that there was enough to the story and battle system that a single player RPG would be pretty fun. The MMO just wasn't enough to keep me hooked.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    I was wondering if any of you guys play MMO's.

Im a non-stereotypical video game nerd, im capable of having a normal conversation with other people, I play sports regularly (Rugby) and I have a girlfriend but dear lord I have a serious MMO addiction I play them much more than I should and they are by far my favourite game genre. If I had the choice of going out to a club with the Mrs or doing a raid with my mates who I have never even met... odds are im doing the raid

My drug of choice is Star Wars the old republic, I also dabble in planet side 2 and recently I have played a bit of Rift and Everquest 2. Ive never got into WOW though, I just cant stand the leveling content, I do have all the games though, even the pandas. I play TOR obsessively, to the point the GF thinks I prefer my trooper to her. I really enjoy the social and team based aspects of MMO's especially raiding or massive coordinated assaults in ps2.

MMO's are just my thing, FPS with the exception of PS2 and maybe BF3 jut don't do it for me. I also love RPG's but MMO's are the core of my gaming diet.

This all may just seem nerdy gibberish to most of you but maybe I will find a few fellow MMO gamers on here
    By the way uk, I voted for you for rookie or the year. Glad to have another intelligent poster around...
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    never again, unless disney brings back Star wars galaxies.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I used to play Runescape.. I spent a ridiculous amount of time on that game. I think when I quit it said I logged in 100 days overall
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    I can't find one I like. I get annoyed when you have to party to continue the story. I may try Elder Scrolls Online or Blade & Soul when they come out, but my hopes aren't high.
    The Old Republic, my main MMO is very story focused, and you can do all the story leveling content solo. it is fully voice acted and the writing is excellent. The game has its issues but the levelling and story isnt one of them. it is now free to play (with some restrictions oviously) you should have a look: www.swtor.com - well unless you dont like Star Wars

By the way uk, I voted for you for rookie or the year. Glad to have another intelligent poster around...
    Appreciated mate, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    never again, unless disney brings back Star wars galaxies.
    Im a massive star wars fan but that game was a mess, which was a shame as it had a lot of good ideas, SOE have a habit of making broken games though.
    Quote Quote