Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone else play MMO's?

1. -21
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    for anyone getting elder scrolls online you can currently get 25% off using a voucher on green man gaming if you pre-order and use the code, I just saved 17 and am quite pleased about it
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Outside of Runescape back in the day, never gotten into MMO's. I do play Planetside 2 though. I'm hoping Elder Scrolls Online can change that for me. And I just got my beta invite.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    John Edwards

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
    Outside of Runescape back in the day, never gotten into MMO's. I do play Planetside 2 though. I'm hoping Elder Scrolls Online can change that for me. And I just got my beta invite.
    I just tried the beta last week of Elder Scrolls because I loved both console games so much. But I have no time right now for MMOs and I don't like the keyboard controls for some that use the WASD keys. Yes, until they give me a controller, I need point-and-click mouse control for my PC games.
    Tailgun

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    to me tor is a mess. it's a shell of what swg was. for one there is no real space combat. that on the rails stuff is weak sauce. for two, the crafting system is a simplistic joke. SWG 2011 was a very polished product and much superior to any mmo out there. the only people who continued to hate it were those who are probably enjoying the emu. I've tried the emu, pre-cu is a boring mash of owen lars vs nerf herders. you need a group just to kill the simplest enemies in the game because there is no level system? yawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    The Old Republic, my main MMO is very story focused, and you can do all the story leveling content solo. it is fully voice acted and the writing is excellent. The game has its issues but the levelling and story isnt one of them. it is now free to play (with some restrictions oviously) you should have a look: www.swtor.com - well unless you dont like Star Wars

Appreciated mate, thanks!

Im a massive star wars fan but that game was a mess, which was a shame as it had a lot of good ideas, SOE have a habit of making broken games though.

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailgun View Post
    I just tried the beta last week of Elder Scrolls because I loved both console games so much. But I have no time right now for MMOs and I don't like the keyboard controls for some that use the WASD keys. Yes, until they give me a controller, I need point-and-click mouse control for my PC games.
    I highly doubt they go without adding Xbox Controller support. I typically prefer Elder Scrolls games on PC for the huge modding community, but this might be a PS4 purchase for me.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
    I highly doubt they go without adding Xbox Controller support. I typically prefer Elder Scrolls games on PC for the huge modding community, but this might be a PS4 purchase for me.
    I ordered it on PC since it comes out two months earlier. I may just use X-Padder or something to get my controller working. Plus, I want that thing running on my GTX 780.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Conducting From the Grave: The Rise
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYQ2aKgXafw
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Loving this TESO beta so far, obvious bugs aside. The biggest fear I had as both a TES fan and someone who hates MMO's, was Zenimax making it fell too much like an MMO and less like a TES game. Well it feels very much like a TES game. The combat feels good. I hate the MMO style of mashing number keys to fight. It's dull and stupid in my opinion. Now TESO does have abilities, but only 5 + 1 ultimate ability active at a time so combat is still mostly based on the first person manually controlled swinging and aiming we're all used to.

The main story so far is good. Anyone who plays TES games and knows the lore should be able to get into it easily. I haven't done much crafting, but the crafting system looks very solid, and stays pretty true to the crafting system in Skyrim. Alchhemy, cooking, blacksmith, woodworking, tailoring, and of course enchanting. Another thing this game does a great job at is actually making you want to explore. Making you want to run from one place to the next instead of using fast travel. Never know what kind of loot, skyshards, runes, quests, etc you'll find on the way. In fact, I just found a chest in a ship wreckage on a way to complete another quest which had a letter in it leading me on a treasure hunt which was actually really fun as it had no waypoints and I had to use the clues in the letter to find it.

Oh yea and I'm rolling with a Redguard Dragonknight in the beta. Definitely a 1 hander plus shield tanking setup but I've noticed I've really enjoyed sneaking up on enemies and taking them out with 1 hit. I really enjoyed the stealthy approach to Skyrim as well so I'll probably roll with a dual wield stealth class when the game releases.

The community in game has been awesome, answering questions through zone chats with quickness but we'll see how that goes when it releases as most of us playing the beta are likely hardcore gamers.

Performance has been great on my gaming laptop on max settings (GTX 675M, i7-610QM) so high powered desktops should have no problems.

I can answer questions if anyone has any. But as of right now, Elder Scrolls fans, have no fear, I think you're going to really enjoy TESO, especially if you're not a huge fan MMO's like me. The biggest question I have at this point is whether or not I'm going to play it on PC or PS4. It would be great if they ever add the option to be able to use your character on multiple platforms.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A couple more tidbits from the beta.

Questing. I like the main story. Definitely better than most other MMO's out there which barely have anything even resembling q story. Side quests. Doesn't matter what game it is except for the Witcher games, side quests are always some form of fetch and kill quest. TES games are pretty guilty of this already, but they do make a solid effort to hide it and try to give them some kind of story. TESO is no different. There are some little things thrown in to make some of them interesting, and some of them do have interesting storylines. Some quests offer decisions that have to be made. No idea what kind of effect these decisions have but hopefully Zenimax does something with that. I do know one of the first quests in the main story has decisions to make which do have a big impact on how easy the main mission is to accomplish.

At the end of the day this is, after all, a multiplayer game, and that means one thing to me. PvP. I have yet to experience the PvP, but it's definitely the thing I'm most excited about, and will probably be spending most of my time doing.

While I did say TES fans should be able to enjoy TESO, they need to come in with an open mind, especially if new to MMO's. At the end of the day, this is an MMO afterall, so if you come in expecting Skyrim, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It plays a lot more like Oblivion to me than Skyrim. I enjoy it, but we'll see if I stick with it after the end of the trial period.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    to me tor is a mess. it's a shell of what swg was. for one there is no real space combat. that on the rails stuff is weak sauce. for two, the crafting system is a simplistic joke. SWG 2011 was a very polished product and much superior to any mmo out there. the only people who continued to hate it were those who are probably enjoying the emu. I've tried the emu, pre-cu is a boring mash of owen lars vs nerf herders. you need a group just to kill the simplest enemies in the game because there is no level system? yawn.
    I just saw this and a couple of things
    - it was never meant to be SWG2 (thankfully) now that game wasnt a mess, it was just simply broken and badly developed - from launch to death SWG was a mess of a game which probably about 2 sytems that worked as intended. your the first person I have ever heard call SWG polished and theres people in my guild who cried for about 6 hours the night that they shut it down
    - The space stuff was a minigame, they recently put in a proper space expansion but I still dont care, I dont play MMO's for space combat, go play EVE or something for that

Anyway I recently achieved something I thought was impossible.... hitting max level in wow

feck me that was boring lol I must have unsubbed 3 times in the process of levelling that DK... but I wanna raid in wow. The gear grind is dull so far though, LFR is quite the thing, at the start of a fight the other night I went to make a cup of tea, came back and the boss was on about 2% and I hadn't even got hit. Apparently its like waiting for a bus though, I now have a level 90 paladin as well, due to that insta 90 thing that comes with the new expansion... I would have bought a horde hunter as well if it wasn't stupidly expensive after the free one... it gets why it has to be ofc. God levelling in wow SUCKS which is a shame because the story is actually good

Ive been playing ESO recently and yea its good but I cant see myself playing it long term... the content is good well at least 1-50 the vet rank stuff sounds a bit less fun. The story is great and it does feel like an ES game... but IDK I just dont see what im going to do at max level.... theres no raids and the PVP system just frustrates me... you run for 5 mins to reach a battle then you get killed in 3 seconds by mass AOE... meh thats just naff. But I do enjoy defending forts

This sc sums up nicely the best side of ESO PVP

But it is very very zergy at times
    Quote Quote