Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 235

Thread: Glazer: Jets getting turned down for GM job, begging them them reconsider

  1. -21
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    29,417
    vCash:
    28751
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    we've been turned down by 1 candidtate who used us to get more money/power from jax.

    this job isn't for everyone. To be in the spotlight and to alreayd have a HC in place it's not an ideal place for someone who has options.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    Flip Tanneflop's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    15,254
    vCash:
    20164
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    we've been turned down by 1 candidtate who used us to get more money/power from jax.

    this job isn't for everyone. To be in the spotlight and to alreayd have a HC in place it's not an ideal place for someone who has options.
    That bolded statement says it all. Most would argue that Jacksonville is the worst franchise in the league. But, given recent developements and the fact that the Jaguars have come out and said there is no way they are taking Tebow whereas the Jests did, Id say a new contender has emerged for that title.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    27,610
    vCash:
    5507
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    we've been turned down by 1 candidtate who used us to get more money/power from jax.

    this job isn't for everyone. To be in the spotlight and to alreayd have a HC in place it's not an ideal place for someone who has options.
    So Glazer saying they've been rebuffed a lot is actually only by just 1 potential GM? Makes sense.



    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    29,417
    vCash:
    28751
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    That bolded statement says it all. Most would argue that Jacksonville is the worst franchise in the league. But, given recent developements and the fact that the Jaguars have come out and said there is no way they are taking Tebow whereas the Jests did, Id say a new contender has emerged for that title.
    There's no pressure in jax, he doesn't have Tom Brady to deal with and he could pick his own coach. See the difference?
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    Flip Tanneflop's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    15,254
    vCash:
    20164
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    There's no pressure in jax, he doesn't have Tom Brady to deal with and he could pick his own coach. See the difference?
    Much like the Jests, your posts get funnier everyday.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    29,417
    vCash:
    28751
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Mike McCartney@MikeMcCartney7


    I've spoken with too many personnel guys who would relish the #Jets GM job. I'm not buying recent reports nobody wants it.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    20,874
    vCash:
    20435
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    There's no pressure in jax, he doesn't have Tom Brady to deal with and he could pick his own coach. See the difference?
    Taking that a step further, he also knew that he wasn't saddled with the kind of judgment of an HC who hired The Meatball, more or less calling him "just like me," the ridiculous hellish cap implications including having to keep the worst starting QB in the league since JaMarcus nor sight unseen, any worse of a Tebow-foisting, headline pandering meddlesome owner who tampers with front office decisions. See the difference?.






    "geno and idzik have done the impossible: make jets fans wish
    the tanny/sanchez days were here again" > Darksider, Jetnation

    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    27,610
    vCash:
    5507
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Mike McCartney@MikeMcCartney7


    I've spoken with too many personnel guys who would relish the #Jets GM job. I'm not buying recent reports nobody wants it.
    So let's ignore Jay Glazer's report but accept Mike McCartney's b/c why?
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    29,417
    vCash:
    28751
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    So let's ignore Jay Glazer's report but accept Mike McCartney's b/c why?
    No but I think sometimes things get overexaggerated especially w/ the Jets this year.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    Ben Had's Avatar
    Average Fan

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    1,299
    vCash:
    6588
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    No but I think sometimes things get overexaggerated especially w/ the Jets this year.
    Why dont we here any overexaggerated comments about the Giants? Your both from NY and share the same field?
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-29-2012, 03:09 PM
  2. Does Huizenga reconsider stadium renovation ?
    By PMZQ in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-22-2006, 09:26 PM
  3. Supreme Court Asked to Reconsider 'Partial Birth' Abortion Case
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-27-2005, 08:21 PM
  4. O'Connor Urged to reconsider
    By spydertl79 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2005, 01:30 AM
  5. We are begging the Pats and Jets!!
    By DolfanISS in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-01-2002, 09:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •