Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 235

Thread: Glazer: Jets getting turned down for GM job, begging them them reconsider

  1. -121
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    27,219
    vCash:
    50151
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    2 elite seasons but elite overall throuhg 3 seasons under rex.

    I don't think Woody has any involvement in personnel. Rex will be involved.
    Why would they be elite at 8-8?



    Quote Quote  

  2. -122
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,425
    vCash:
    4858
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Why would they be elite at 8-8?
    Well its good to know that we were a missed FG in OT from being an elite team this year. Looks like we are much closer than I thought.




    Quote Quote  

  3. -123
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,873
    vCash:
    24396
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Why would they be elite at 8-8?
    Overall from 2009-2011, they were elite 2 of the 3 seasons but overall in those 3 season still considered elite. This year w/ a 2nd down season making it 2 of 4 years as elite we fall from the overall though we still lead in title game apps and are among the leaders in playoff wins.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -124
    Nublar7's Avatar
    FinHeaven Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    35,170
    vCash:
    129542
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Jets said they were going to make a GM hire by Thursday. Friday afternoon and they still haven't hired anyone. Typical Jets.

    Though I do see that the frontrunner is this guy from the Seahawks, John Itchy? John Idiot? Whatever, apparently he is a guy who has no real personnel background.

    Quote Quote  

  5. -125
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,879
    vCash:
    88416
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Overall from 2009-2011, they were elite 2 of the 3 seasons but overall in those 3 season still considered elite. This year w/ a 2nd down season making it 2 of 4 years as elite we fall from the overall though we still lead in title game apps and are among the leaders in playoff wins.
    NE and Bal also have 2 title game apps in the last 4 years. Bal has 3 title game apps in the last 5 years. NE and Bal also have 6 divisions titles between them and have made the playoffs 4 straight years while the Jets have only made it 2 out of 4.

    Overall? How can you retain an elite title when you go 8-8 and miss the playoffs? I get that a great team can have a down year, but the Jets have gone 3 out of 4 seasons struggling to win 9 games. These past 2 seasons show that they were never elite to begin with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Jets said they were going to make a GM hire by Thursday. Friday afternoon and they still haven't hired anyone. Typical Jets.

    Though I do see that the frontrunner is this guy from the Seahawks, John Itchy? John Idiot? Whatever, apparently he is a guy who has no real personnel background.
    I think it is pronounced Idget.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -126
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,873
    vCash:
    24396
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Jets said they were going to make a GM hire by Thursday. Friday afternoon and they still haven't hired anyone. Typical Jets.

    Though I do see that the frontrunner is this guy from the Seahawks, John Itchy? John Idiot? Whatever, apparently he is a guy who has no real personnel background.
    The Jets never announced they were making a hire by Thursday, those were rumors. There's nothing wrong w/ being thorough is there? this was always going to be a darwn out search as well as the OC search.

    It doesn't matter who we hire, Jet fans will say it's a good move and opposing fans will bash it. The truth is none of us will know until the new GM has a chance to prove himself.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -127
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,873
    vCash:
    24396
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    NE and Bal also have 2 title game apps in the last 4 years. Bal has 3 title game apps in the last 5 years. NE and Bal also have 6 divisions titles between them and have made the playoffs 4 straight years while the Jets have only made it 2 out of 4.

    Overall? How can you retain an elite title when you go 8-8 and miss the playoffs? I get that a great team can have a down year, but the Jets have gone 3 out of 4 seasons struggling to win 9 games. These past 2 seasons show that they were never elite to begin with.



    I think it is pronounced Idget.
    yep, the Jets are tied for the lead in title game apps.

    Bal plays in a division w/o NE in it, it's a little easier tow in than the AFC East despite the rest of the division stinking(the 2 teams that are always bad).

    through 3 years they had the most title game apps, most playoff wins in AFC, tied for most in NFL. That's elite overall through 3 though the actuall elite years were '09 & '10.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -128
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,879
    vCash:
    88416
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    yep, the Jets are tied for the lead in title game apps.

    Bal plays in a division w/o NE in it, it's a little easier tow in than the AFC East despite the rest of the division stinking(the 2 teams that are always bad).

    through 3 years they had the most title game apps, most playoff wins in AFC, tied for most in NFL. That's elite overall through 3 though the actuall elite years were '09 & '10.
    Bal plays in a division with Pitt in it. You know, the team that has 2 Super Bowl apps and a Super Bowl win in the last 5 years. The team that has gone 12-4 three out of 5 seasons. Bal won their division by winning 12 games. The Jets wouldn't have any division titles in the AFC North either.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -129
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,873
    vCash:
    24396
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    Bal plays in a division with Pitt in it. You know, the team that has 2 Super Bowl apps and a Super Bowl win in the last 5 years. The team that has gone 12-4 three out of 5 seasons. Bal won their division by winning 12 games. The Jets wouldn't have any division titles in the AFC North either.
    Yep, a team that has missed the playofs 2 of the last 4 years- just like the Jets.

    NE has averaged 12 wins per season the last 4 years
    Pitt has averaged 10

    Bal won the division w/ 10 wins this year, 10 wins wouldn't have been good enouhg to beat out NE any of the 4 years. we may have won in 2009, we did whip the North champs on the road inthe playoffs that year.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -130
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,879
    vCash:
    88416
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Yep, a team that has missed the playofs 2 of the last 4 years- just like the Jets.

    NE has averaged 12 wins per season the last 4 years
    Pitt has averaged 10

    Bal won the division w/ 10 wins this year, 10 wins wouldn't have been good enouhg to beat out NE any of the 4 years. we may have won in 2009, we did whip the North champs on the road inthe playoffs that year.
    The Steelers missed the playoffs at 9-7 in 09, and then made it to the Super Bow with 12 wins the next year. They went 12-4 again the year after that, and then missed the playoffs this year at 8-8. Not quite like the Jets.

    Bal has won at least 11 games three out of the last 5 seasons. The Jets won 11 games just once. The Ravens won 12 games in 2010 and 2011. The Jets have won 12 games in a season just once in franchise history. NE went 10-6 in 2009 and 12-4 this year. The Ravens won their 2 division titles with 10 and 12 wins. I am not saying it isn't tough to win the division with NE in it, but it isn't easy to win a division with Pitt in it either.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-29-2012, 03:09 PM
  2. Does Huizenga reconsider stadium renovation ?
    By PMZQ in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-22-2006, 09:26 PM
  3. Supreme Court Asked to Reconsider 'Partial Birth' Abortion Case
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-27-2005, 08:21 PM
  4. O'Connor Urged to reconsider
    By spydertl79 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2005, 01:30 AM
  5. We are begging the Pats and Jets!!
    By DolfanISS in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-01-2002, 09:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •