Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Glazer: Jets getting turned down for GM job, begging them them reconsider

1. -161
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    If you say so
    why is it that you cannot just try to counter my arguments? I know nothing so it must be easy to do, instead you attack me to deflect from something.
    Quote Quote  

2. -162
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

Re: Glazer: Jets getting turned down for GM job, begging them them reconsider

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I don't worry about folks like you, the ones who understand the game don't have issues w/ me.
    That's a bald faced lie. If you didn't worry about him, you wouldn't respond. Now would you?

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Quote Quote  

3. -163
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    That's a bald faced lie. If you didn't worry about him, you wouldn't respond. Now would you?

You got me, I am up all night just thinkiong about you guys. I can't gte you out of my head.
    Quote Quote  

4. -164
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kingston Ont.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You got me, I am up all night just thinkiong about you guys. I can't gte you out of my head.
    Thats fairly apparent...23000 posts, if I live another 200 years I wouldn't have that many posts! Do ever sleep?
    Quote Quote  

5. -165
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

Re: Glazer: Jets getting turned down for GM job, begging them them reconsider

At least you finally admit it.

Quote Quote  

6. -166
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    they missed the playoffs though, right? that's the key word.

They made 2 of the last 4 postseasons and won 2 playoff games, the Jets made 2 of the last 4 postseasons and won 4 playoff games.

Bal has moved to another level w/ the win yesterday, I think they are now THE elite team in the AFC since 2008 but they would have been elite win or lose yesterday.
    No, I don't think it is. You have to keep in mind that Pitt won the Super Bow just the year before they missed the playoffs in 09. They had the same amount of wins (9) as the Jets did in their 09 season. They followed up that non playoff season in 09 with a 12-4 season and another trip to the Super Bowl. They went 12-4 again in 11 and lost in the WC to Den before missing the playoffs this year at 8-8. That is a lot different than having a 9-7 season with 2 playoff wins, and an 11-5 season with 2 playoff wins followed by 8-8 and 6-10 seasons.

Pitt has proven over the years that they are consistently one of the best teams. They have been to 3 Super Bowls (2 wins) in the last 7 seasons. They have been to 2 Super Bowls (1 win) in the last 5 seasons. Trying to compare them to the Jets based on playoff apps and wins in the last 4 years is just silly.
    Quote Quote  

7. -167
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In 09, Pittsburgh got their 9 wins the old fashioned way - they earned them; not having them gift wrapped because their opponents considered playing them to be "meaningless games." A strong argument can be advance there's a huge difference there - especially when you consider that in game 14 at home, vs Atlanta, already counted out, the jest lost that game 10-7 where Buttchez typically rose to the occasion by throwing 1TD and 3 Ints. Sorry, those 2 seasonal experiences were nowhere near comparable

DWade "Loyalty Over Royalty"
    Quote Quote  

8. -168
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    No, I don't think it is. You have to keep in mind that Pitt won the Super Bow just the year before they missed the playoffs in 09. They had the same amount of wins (9) as the Jets did in their 09 season. They followed up that non playoff season in 09 with a 12-4 season and another trip to the Super Bowl. They went 12-4 again in 11 and lost in the WC to Den before missing the playoffs this year at 8-8. That is a lot different than having a 9-7 season with 2 playoff wins, and an 11-5 season with 2 playoff wins followed by 8-8 and 6-10 seasons.

Pitt has proven over the years that they are consistently one of the best teams. They have been to 3 Super Bowls (2 wins) in the last 7 seasons. They have been to 2 Super Bowls (1 win) in the last 5 seasons. Trying to compare them to the Jets based on playoff apps and wins in the last 4 years is just silly.
    If you include 2008 they are ahead but in the last 4 years we both have 2 playoff apps but we have twice as many playoff wins. They also lost to an 8-8 team in the WC rd in 2010.

expanding it to 08 or 05? yeah they are ahead of us but just the last 4? nope.

Only Baltimore has more playoff wins since 2009.
    Quote Quote  

9. -169
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    If you include 2008 they are ahead but in the last 4 years we both have 2 playoff apps but we have twice as many playoff wins. They also lost to an 8-8 team in the WC rd in 2010.

expanding it to 08 or 05? yeah they are ahead of us but just the last 4? nope.

Only Baltimore has more playoff wins since 2009.
    I'm not talking about playoff wins or apps alone. You always talk about stats not telling the full story, until it is a story that you want to tell. Pitt may not have more playoff wins in the last 4 years, but Pitt has been a much better team. The Jets 2 year window with 4 playoff wins means little when they didn't win anything meaningful and followed up those 2 years with 8-8 and 6-10 seasons. Pitt proved they were the better team with their 12-4 season in 2010 when they beat the Jets in the AFCC game and actually made it to another Super Bowl. They also proved it with another 12-4 record in 2011. You can make fun of the loss to 8-8 Denver, but the Jets didn't make the playoffs that year and lost to Den in the regular season. Pitt has had a down year here and there (9-7 in 2009 and 8-8 in 2012), but the Jets have had down years 3 out of 4 seasons. (9-7 in 2009, 8-8 in 2011, and 6-10 in 2012)

You can't seriously think that the Jets were better than Pitt in the last 4 years.
    Quote Quote  

10. -170
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    I'm not talking about playoff wins or apps alone. You always talk about stats not telling the full story, until it is a story that you want to tell. Pitt may not have more playoff wins in the last 4 years, but Pitt has been a much better team. The Jets 2 year window with 4 playoff wins means little when they didn't win anything meaningful and followed up those 2 years with 8-8 and 6-10 seasons. Pitt proved they were the better team with their 12-4 season in 2010 when they beat the Jets in the AFCC game and actually made it to another Super Bowl. They also proved it with another 12-4 record in 2011. You can make fun of the loss to 8-8 Denver, but the Jets didn't make the playoffs that year and lost to Den in the regular season. Pitt has had a down year here and there (9-7 in 2009 and 8-8 in 2012), but the Jets have had down years 3 out of 4 seasons. (9-7 in 2009, 8-8 in 2011, and 6-10 in 2012)

You can't seriously think that the Jets were better than Pitt in the last 4 years.
    Our 2 year run we won 4 playoff games, their 2 year run they won 2. They don't have to deal w/ NE in their division or they would have been a WC team both years too.
    Quote Quote