Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Glazer: Jets getting turned down for GM job, begging them them reconsider

1. -191
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    Bal had nothing to play for in week 17 this year, or else they would have won 11 games. Bal and Pitt having down years at 9-7 in 2009 doesn't mean the Jets are in their league. Bal and Pitt went 12-4 the next two years after that while the Jets won 11 and 8 games. I'm not sure why you can't understand that the reason NE wins the AFCE is because there is no one else in the division to compete with them. If the Jets could win 12 games like the Raven and Steelers, they would be competing for division titles just like the Ravens and Steelers compete with each other.

Bal should have beaten NE (in NE) in the AFCC game last year, and they beat them this year twice. That is 1-2 record against Bal in the last 3 games. NE is 1-1 against Pitt the last 4 years. That makes NE a total of 2-3 in the last 5 games against Pitt and Bal.
    maybe, maybe not. Cincy was playing much better later in the year and they could have beaten baltimore if both were trying.

The Jets were 11-5 in 2010 and beat Pitt in the reg season while losing to Bal by a single point, we then lost a close game in the championship game on the road. Obviously we were in their league.

Bal won a squeaker this year vs. NE in their fist EVER regular season win vs. NE. In the reg season since 2009 NE is 3-1 against Baltimore and 1-1 against Pitt. In the Big ben era in the reg season NE w/ Brady is 4-2 against Pitt.
    Quote Quote  

2. -192
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    maybe, maybe not. Cincy was playing much better later in the year and they could have beaten baltimore if both were trying.
    So Bal can beat NE in NE, but they might not have beaten Cincy (the team they beat 44-17 earlier) in week 17 if both teams were trying?

The Jets were 11-5 in 2010 and beat Pitt in the reg season while losing to Bal by a single point, we then lost a close game in the championship game on the road. Obviously we were in their league.
    The Jets won 11 games once in 4 seasons. That is not in the league of Bal and Pitt.

Bal won a squeaker this year vs. NE in their fist EVER regular season win vs. NE. In the reg season since 2009 NE is 3-1 against Baltimore and 1-1 against Pitt. In the Big ben era in the reg season NE w/ Brady is 4-2 against Pitt.
    NE is 2-1 against Bal in the regular season since 2009, not 3-1. NE won 2 close games themselves against Bal. They won by 6 points in 2009 before getting humiliated by Bal in the playoffs 33-14. NE won by 3 in 2010, and won the AFCC game by 3 in 2011. Bal won a close one in the regular season but beat NE up in the AFCC game. Including the playoff games NE and Bal are 3-3 since 2009. Since 2004, NE is 4-3 against Pitt.

In the Big Ben era, Pitt has 2 Super Bowl wins. NE has one in Ben's rookie year. Doesn't that make them better according to you? Or is it just more playoff wins that result in nothing that count?
    Quote Quote  

3. -193
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    So Bal can beat NE in NE, but they might not have beaten Cincy (the team they beat 44-17 earlier) in week 17 if both teams were trying?

The Jets won 11 games once in 4 seasons. That is not in the league of Bal and Pitt.

NE is 2-1 against Bal in the regular season since 2009, not 3-1. NE won 2 close games themselves against Bal. They won by 6 points in 2009 before getting humiliated by Bal in the playoffs 33-14. NE won by 3 in 2010, and won the AFCC game by 3 in 2011. Bal won a close one in the regular season but beat NE up in the AFCC game. Including the playoff games NE and Bal are 3-3 since 2009. Since 2004, NE is 4-3 against Pitt.

In the Big Ben era, Pitt has 2 Super Bowl wins. NE has one in Ben's rookie year. Doesn't that make them better according to you? Or is it just more playoff wins that result in nothing that count?
    where did I say they couldn't beat Cincy? I said it wasn't a sure thing. They started playing well the week before w/ the thrashing of the Giants so they likely continue and beat Cincy but we don't know.

They have twice as many playoff wins as Pitt, more than NE and are 2nd behind Baltimore. In that 2 year stretch they had as many as Bal & Pitt combined so yes we were in the league of Bal & Pitt, now just in the league w/ Pitt and playoff-less teams.

Sorry, I confused the playoff game so they are 2-1- that's 67%, right?

we were talking about Pitt vs. NE head to head, right? the point was about winning in the reg season. Nice try though.
    Quote Quote  

4. -194
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The fact of the matter is that since 09, the jest are 1-3 combined vs Baltimore and Pittsburgh. Say what you want about neither team being as successful if playing in the same division as NE, an even stronger case can be made that the Jest if playing in the AFC North, competing against those 2 teams instead of MIA and Buff, would never have sniffed the WC, either legitimately or even as gift-wrapped charity! Those 2 teams with Cinci occasionally playing well is a much more formidable division than the AFCE, even if Brady never went down and spent a season on shaky, gunshy sea legs winning less games than he did the year before or the next 2 years after.

Quote Quote  

5. -195
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    shhhh, this is a discussion btw 2 people who know the game. please stay out.
    Quote Quote  

6. -196

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Really? You seem to have had no reservations about jumping in. (I know, reality bites, especially when you can make these specious "this would have happened" claims but hate when even more plausible ones are used against you). Fact: in the AFCN, the Jets would be perenially competing with Cleveland for the cellar.

Oh and the day an unwelcome, disrespected embedded enemy cockroach tells me when to or not to post on MY board is the day Michelle Ryan stops ****ing well-hung strangers while her bi curious hubby jerks off while fondling his feet.

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

7. -197
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is MY board vaark, you are the board's unfunny court jester. Post a few bad photoshops but leave the football discussions for the big boys and girls.
    Quote Quote  

8. -198

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    you need to stop living in the parallel universe - you're only here and tolerated because of your clownage.. poking at the low-hanging pinata makes everyone feel better. Don't mistake being a "useful idiot" that stirs the pot with being respected... cause I know for a FACT which is which. Maybe we can have a poll on which one of us should pack up and leave, or would you punk out on that one too? LOLOLOL Incidentally, there might be an outside way to determine exactly what you hypocritically said discrediting our trips to the SB not ending in a wn, circa 06-08. It's gonna cost me some money and wouldn't be worth it unless the bet is for at least $150. Are we on?
    Quote Quote  

9. -199
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    show me the proof, not some asinine, childish poll. You are good w/ polls, you love polls, polls make you feel special but they are as meaningless as your posts about football.
    Quote Quote  

10. -200

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, any and every post here and on TGG that makes you look like a fool is worthless (and lord knows there's been a barrage of them in both places lately). If I can find evidence that posts by you in general from FH exist, would you be willing to bet $150 or $200 that I'm right about you discrediting our SB appearances not ending in wins - until 09 when losing twice in Conference Championships have new-found relevency??? Or can you not afford it? We can both make a paypal deposit to FH for that amount and have one of the Admins credit the account of the one who's right ($300 or $400 depending on the bet), if I can unearth that era posts, regardless of whether I can find yours or not. Deal or no deal? That's literally putting your money where your mouth is. And as far as polls are concerned, you don't like them, either here or on TGG cause they reflect the informed consensus decisively repudiating the lonely voices in your delusional head. Understandable why you're scared of them

Quote Quote