Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 192021222324

Thread: Glazer: Jets getting turned down for GM job, begging them them reconsider

1. -231
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinatic8u View Post
    how does every single thread get derailed about bull**** po appearances.

Nobody gives a **** and frankly i'm getting tired of seeing it.

Just stop arguing over nothing all the goddamn time.
    this ...... Twice
    Quote Quote  

2. -232
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Pitt didn't play Indy in 2009 and if we remove Cincy then we need to remove Miami for Pitt in week 17.
    I know, but you still had Ptt and Bal combined for 1 win and counted the Jets wins against Indy and Cincy. Miami had a desire to beat Pitt in week 17, Cincy and Indy didn't have any desire to beat the Jets.

against reg season teams:
    (Cin, Oak, Mia, Ten)

NYJ: 3-2
    Pitt: 2-3

reg and postseason:
    (Cin, Oak, Mia, Ten, SD)

NYJ: 5-2
    Pitt: 2-3
    Pitt didn't make the post season and didn't get to play those teams again. Who knows what would have happened? 2009 was a down year for Pitt and Bal, but I don't just focus on 1 year. Pitt won the Super Bowl the year before, and the Ravens were in the AFCC game the year before.

NE in NFC North w/ Pitt or Bal: still win 4 games b/c they'd play Cin/Cle 4 times then would split w/ Bal or Pitt so that's 5-1 like they always seem to be in our division(or 6-0).
    Not necessarily. Cle was one of only 2 teams two beat NE in 2010. The Jets being the other team. Superior teams don't always win, especially division opponents. Even if they sweep Cin/Cle and split with Bal and Pitt, Bal and Pitt are capable of doing the same. The biggest difference is that they win enough regular season games to compete with NE for a division title. The Bills, Jets and Dolphins have not been able to do that. It is not because of NE, it is because they haven't been good enough. The Jets won 11 games once in 4 seasons.

The Jets had to go to Pitt b/c they couldn't beat out NE, if the '10 title game is at home the Jets beat pitt. Switch the Jets and Pitt in 2010 and the Jets go 12-4 and win the AFC North and host the title game IF another team beats NE in the div rd.
    The Jets lost to Bal in 2010, and Bal won 12 games in the North. The Jets split with NE and Mia in 2010 and only won 11 games. The Jets were not sweeping Pitt or Bal if they had to play them twice.

Don't put us w/ Mia and Buf- 2 teams combining for ONE playoff app and ZERO playoff wins since 2002. We are just behind bal, Bal pulled away w/ this postseason but heading into it we were almost in a dead heat over the last decade.
    Prior to 2009, the Jets were nearly in a dead heat with Miami. I know you like to take the small window of playoff success and ignore everything else, but the Jets have not been on the level of teams like Pitt, Bal and NE. Just the last 3 seasons prove that. Pitt in the Super Bowl, NE in the Super Bowl, and now the Ravens in the Super Bowl. The Jets???

Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    How does every single thread get derailed about bull**** PO appearances.

Nobody gives a **** and frankly I'm getting tired of seeing it.

Just stop arguing over nothing.
    It's a message board. Threads go in different directions sometimes. I know it tends to happen a lot when junc gets involved and it can get annoying, but no one is forcing anyone else to join in on the debate, or keep coming back to read this thread. When I get tired of a thread, I no longer respond and move on to another.
    Quote Quote  

3. -233
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    am I allowed to respond or is this being shut down? I don't see the issue w/ two knowledgeable posters debating, we let so many goofball posters who know nothing ruin threads and now we have a good one w/ 2 guys who know their stuff so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Let me know.
    Quote Quote  

4. -234
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    am I allowed to respond or is this being shut down? I don't see the issue w/ two knowledgeable posters debating, we let so many goofball posters who know nothing ruin threads and now we have a good one w/ 2 guys who know their stuff so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Let me know.
    I don't see why not? This is the Beast of the AFCE forum. I could understand a little more if this were in the main forum, but it is not. If we can't debate about this silly stuff here, then where can we? With that said, I'm cool with moving on to something else if you are.
    Quote Quote  

5. -235
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    I don't see why not? This is the Beast of the AFCE forum. I could understand a little more if this were in the main forum, but it is not. If we can't debate about this silly stuff here, then where can we? With that said, I'm cool with moving on to something else if you are.
    We rarely agree but I enjoy our debates, I'm fine discussing anything but if the mods don't want it then I guess we'll move on. I don't get it though.
    Quote Quote