Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which top 10 player drops to #12?

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I think it's the cheap way out. You're guaranteed to get a solid player that doesn't necessarily make a big impact on your team. As a GM it will pad your portfolio of non-bust draft picks so you can say, I always pick solid players. But you SHOULD be aiming for more than that. You should be aiming to get an impact player.
    Couldn┤t disagree with you CK...but if a player of Warmack┤s quality, would impact young players already on the field like Clay, DT, Miller, and Mathews, plus FAgents and other picks, isn┤t he worth it? How big of a drop-off is there between him and other Guards? Is he that special of a project? Will he impact our OLine in a way similar to what the Cowboys had in the 90┤s? Does he fit our scheme? What do you get first, the egg, or the chick? What little I┤ve seen of him (and I┤m no Ted or Namor), is one of the meanest, strongest G prospects in years, all I┤m trying to imply is that it would probably impact our team in more positive ways than negative (contradictory to Ireland┤s life expectancy)...
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Dion Jordan has to be the pick, but I think he goes top 5. I was hoping to have a team drafting right behind us with great QB needs, but I am not sure TB qualifies. I see us either moving up to get Jordan or moving back 10-12 spots and getting the BPA of the TE, WR, CB group.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Star Lotulelei is the player that I think will fall to us. I dont think we take him, but I see him slipping past us.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Unless a guy like Werner falls, I think the BPA is going to be Warmack or Cooper. For our purposes, I'd opt for Cooper, and I'd be happy with that pick. Too dynamic to pass up. Can't imagine the things he could do next to Pouncey. I think you get your stud - and he does come at a position of need, here, though it's not the greatest need - in the 1st, and you draft two WR's somewhere in your next four picks. With the depth of the WR class, you should be able to grab two quality WR's, and you still have a pick to look at a Poyer/Trufant and another to look at pass rusher.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jones and Mingo.

Mingo is completely overrated IMO playing on championsip type college team.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You should be aiming for a starter day one for the next 10 years and beyond and at a position of need preferably who will make your team better.

I always look at the draft in a big picture sense.

Why draft Allen at 12 if you think someone else will fit better and score more or give you much better value?

When the draft is deep at a position, this is where the big picture comes into play. DE, WR, S, ILB, and T is where quality depth is. So you look to great players at any position and you give more weight to the depth at position so you can get better value and end up with a player who ends up being better fit and just as good as the top ranked guys. Okafor is an example I would use right now but things change quickly this time of year info wise.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i'll eat my shorts if star gets to #12...someones scooping that up and very early...top 8 worst case
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsh8r View Post
    Star Lotulelei is the player that I think will fall to us. I dont think we take him, but I see him slipping past us.
    If he is ranked top 5 on Ireland's chart and Randy Starks is not resigned, I think he wont even blink. either that or trade bait is high on radar.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    IMHO you don't trade down to get an impact player, those generally come from the front half on the first round.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I am starting to like the idea Kenny Vaccaro at 12. He has ball skills. Can cover the slot and is an outstanding in run support. Jones and Vaccaro could be an outstanding tandem for the next 8 years.
    Quote Quote