Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: Which top 10 player drops to #12?

  1. -31
    phintim's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    3,822
    vCash:
    3940
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jeff has been angling for a top DE pass rusher the past couple of years and really tried to get one in Perry last year. I just see that as his choice unless 1 Jake Long is not resigned or 2 he finds a star reciever in his lap he cannot pass up. Could be a TE after listening to the draft chatter on this site I guess. Jeff keeps saying impact and in the past he has always made hints like these to kinda of tell us where he is going. Just do not see a guard in the first roun. My thinking if we use Long use his FA money on the best guard in FA out there which should be lots cheaper and take your chances on the outside with Jerry, Gardner, Martin and possibly the late 2nd or 3rd round on another OT. Just for debth I would rather have a Hartline, Smith ,Bush, Fasano, Clemons and possibly Starks come back with maybe a Wallace than to put a huge effort into Long. This move to resign those guys on the high side would cost with a FA guard around the 45000 cap space we have and put us in a good position to draft talent over need in the draft.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    Digital's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    2,925
    vCash:
    8515
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Unlike most years, there really isn't a strong consensus of top players in this draft. Every year we see some adjustment at the top where an athletic marvel like Nick Fairley falls and a more solid prospect like Marcel Darius rises. But this year it seems strange. Most of the very best athletic kids all underperformed. None of the QB's looked like future greats. There's just a huge amount of 'maybe' in the first half of the draft. There are a lot of guys who will be busts or simply decent players who will be greatly overdrafted. I see different GM's grading out prospects wildly differently, so I expect more trades than usual as the GM's try to push through the sea of mediocrity and get 'their guy.'

    I definitely think this is a year where we could get a top 5 guy at 12. I'm also increasingly uneasy about staying at 12, because the prospects that most interest me are all going after that but before our 2a pick. This draft will really underline which scouts/GM's are good, and which ones can't see it. Does Mingo become the next Jevon Kearse? Does Sam Montgomery become the next phenom zone blitz guy in Pittsburgh? Does Dion Jordan become the second coming of Jason Taylor? Does Jarvis Jones become a hard worker? Does Margus Hunt learn to play football? Does Zeki Ansah channel his inner Tamba Hali? Does Carradine get healthy? Or do they all become massive busts a la Vernon Gholston? This draft is going to get a lot of GM's fired in a year or two IMHO.

    By the time the draft rolls around, post combine, we will see a different board I suspect. QB's will rise, OL will rise (already started to happen really), and FA will sharpen teams' needs. I'm just not convinced that the 12 is going to be any worse than 2 or better than 22. Shocking, I know, but this looks like a very subjective class to me. I doubt there will be a consensus of top players, I expect to see a lot of trades, and I have my fingers crossed that we get players that work well with Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    JRYCRL's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2009
    Posts:
    201
    vCash:
    1317
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    This is a year that I wouldn't object to Miami moving down 5-6 spots and picking up another 2nd rounder. Problem is I don't see anyone moving up into that spot at this point. Obviously it heats up the closer we get to the draft but for now, BPA at 12.
    This is one of many years I'd trade back. Primarily because I have zero faith in this staff to make the right choice so the more players we select, the better chance Ireland gets lucky. Totally clueless.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    jetsh8r's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2005
    Posts:
    503
    vCash:
    2002
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I am starting to like the idea Kenny Vaccaro at 12. He has ball skills. Can cover the slot and is an outstanding in run support. Jones and Vaccaro could be an outstanding tandem for the next 8 years.
    I hadnt even given it any thought until a few mocks made me take a look. He seems have excellent cover skills and looks like a probowl safety. For all that he was, the Texas defense was abused at times. We need to go CB at some point and soon afterwards if we do take him and then hope a good wr is still there. Having this many holes suck.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2012
    Posts:
    139
    vCash:
    1210
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The difference in talent between Vaccaro and Clemons does not justify us taking Vaccaro at #12. There was an article in the Herald that stated as of today Hartline and Clemons are the only two FA that have had serious contract negotiations. We have way too many holes to be taking Vaccaro at #12.

    Do you realize how bad our CB situation is people? Ricardo Marshall, a guy coming off a bulging disc back surgery is our best CB under contract. Lets put things in perspective guys. Now if we sign D . Cox and another CB maybe we trade down to The 20's and then consider Vaccaro.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    jetsh8r's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2005
    Posts:
    503
    vCash:
    2002
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsh8r View Post
    I think Dion Jordan has to be the pick, but I think he goes top 5. I was hoping to have a team drafting right behind us with great QB needs, but I am not sure TB qualifies. I see us either moving up to get Jordan or moving back 10-12 spots and getting the BPA of the TE, WR, CB group.
    I just realized that I called it back in January that we would trade up for Jordan and also that Star would fall past 12.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    Digital's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    2,925
    vCash:
    8515
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    Unlike most years, there really isn't a strong consensus of top players in this draft. Every year we see some adjustment at the top where an athletic marvel like Nick Fairley falls and a more solid prospect like Marcel Darius rises. But this year it seems strange. Most of the very best athletic kids all underperformed. None of the QB's looked like future greats. There's just a huge amount of 'maybe' in the first half of the draft. There are a lot of guys who will be busts or simply decent players who will be greatly overdrafted. I see different GM's grading out prospects wildly differently, so I expect more trades than usual as the GM's try to push through the sea of mediocrity and get 'their guy.'

    I definitely think this is a year where we could get a top 5 guy at 12. I'm also increasingly uneasy about staying at 12, because the prospects that most interest me are all going after that but before our 2a pick. This draft will really underline which scouts/GM's are good, and which ones can't see it. Does Mingo become the next Jevon Kearse? Does Sam Montgomery become the next phenom zone blitz guy in Pittsburgh? Does Dion Jordan become the second coming of Jason Taylor? Does Jarvis Jones become a hard worker? Does Margus Hunt learn to play football? Does Zeki Ansah channel his inner Tamba Hali? Does Carradine get healthy? Or do they all become massive busts a la Vernon Gholston? This draft is going to get a lot of GM's fired in a year or two IMHO.

    By the time the draft rolls around, post combine, we will see a different board I suspect. QB's will rise, OL will rise (already started to happen really), and FA will sharpen teams' needs. I'm just not convinced that the 12 is going to be any worse than 2 or better than 22. Shocking, I know, but this looks like a very subjective class to me. I doubt there will be a consensus of top players, I expect to see a lot of trades, and I have my fingers crossed that we get players that work well with Tannehill.
    Sorry to quote myself, but we didn't do what I was hoping, instead consolidating both of our top picks into Dion Jordan. I sure hope he becomes the next Jason Taylor, because we can all see some of the similar traits. We didn't help Tannehill ... at all really. No red zone threat added, no LT, and despite the tremendous depth at WR, we didn't draft one of those either.

    We added some quality players, but I can't help thinking we missed a real window of opportunity to build around Tannehill.
    "I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
    - Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    allsilverdreams's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,496
    vCash:
    2732
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsh8r View Post
    I think Dion Jordan has to be the pick, but I think he goes top 5. I was hoping to have a team drafting right behind us with great QB needs, but I am not sure TB qualifies. I see us either moving up to get Jordan or moving back 10-12 spots and getting the BPA of the TE, WR, CB group.
    nice call brother
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    15,951
    vCash:
    8782
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsh8r View Post
    I just realized that I called it back in January that we would trade up for Jordan and also that Star would fall past 12.
    Well done, good sir.


    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    jetsh8r's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2005
    Posts:
    503
    vCash:
    2002
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    Sorry to quote myself, but we didn't do what I was hoping, instead consolidating both of our top picks into Dion Jordan. I sure hope he becomes the next Jason Taylor, because we can all see some of the similar traits. We didn't help Tannehill ... at all really. No red zone threat added, no LT, and despite the tremendous depth at WR, we didn't draft one of those either.

    We added some quality players, but I can't help thinking we missed a real window of opportunity to build around Tannehill.
    I think we had too many needs to fill them all. Some would say DE/OLB wasnt a need because we had a starter there but we honestly needed Jordan. Having a red zone threat in the receiving game would have been really nice at some point. I wanted the UCLA tight end because he fit that mold, but Ireland valued other players there.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Drops
    By robisok in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-30-2012, 12:44 PM
  2. WR drops?
    By Ottoevans in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-29-2006, 09:58 AM
  3. I need an answer! WHAT IS WITH THE DROPS?
    By BALLS DEEP in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-18-2006, 08:22 PM
  4. T.O. drops almost as much as D-Jack
    By Gladsadmad in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-19-2004, 12:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •