Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 79

Thread: Sean Smith: needs to go

  1. -31
    Dolph N.Fan's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    4,363
    vCash:
    1647
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaPHIN View Post
    Yea, lets create more holes for this team.
    There's already a hole at CB...because Sean Smith sucks.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    phinfan13's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    1,920
    vCash:
    5049
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    ya'll need to get off sean smith, just cause he doesnt get a ton of ints doesnt mean he isnt an effective Good Cover CB. Its obvious coyle is not letting him be as aggressive as he would like to play and its holding smith back a bit.
    Its not just the lack of INTs and dropped INTs that bother me per se about Smith. One has to go "inside the numbers" and look against who those dropped INTs are coming against and its not the Tom Bradys, Matt Schaubs, Joe Flaccos, and Matt Ryans of the world. Against those QBs, Smith always get burned and blows coverages.

    Also, Smith isn't really a good coverage CB. Go back and look at the Luck to TY Hilton TD in our game against them. Rodney Harrison rightly called Smith's coverage on that play "garbage defense." He gave up both of the TD passes and many other key first downs in that game too.


    I disagree, we are 7-9 because we cant put up enough points on offense due to having limited low talent in our WR core. Our defense played well enough to where this team could have went 10-6 and made the playoffs.
    That's why I said one of the reasons, not the only one. Our defense, and secondary in particular, are not good enough to get the job done, especially come playoff time. After all, half of our defense's INTs came against Kevin Kolb and Mark Sanchez. A telling stat.
    Last edited by phinfan13; 01-13-2013 at 07:28 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,848
    vCash:
    33908
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DzakkH13 View Post
    I bet not dlockz. Carroll is no starting CB in this league.
    Im not sure why he has a roster spot. i wish we could get jimmy smith from balt. he is not a starting corner but could be a decent nickel and plays great special teams
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    Dolph N.Fan's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    4,363
    vCash:
    1647
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Miami should have traded Sean smith to Indy instead of vontae.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    phinfan13's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    1,920
    vCash:
    5049
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DzakkH13 View Post
    Sean is referencing to Miami moving to ZONE schemes the 2nd half of the season because Carroll can't play man.

    Sean plays at a very high level in man to man schemes only. He is average at best in zone schemes.

    His work against Larry and A.J. (8 rec, 64 yards and 9 rec, 65 yards respectively) shows he can lock on to opposing teams #1 WRs in man coverage.
    Yet, he gave up 8 rec for 119 yards, 1 TD against Andre Johnson in week 1. Don't just looks at the WRs that they are guarding, but the QBs and teams that they are playing against.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2010
    Posts:
    2,219
    vCash:
    6440
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Players need to stay off Twitter does more harm then good
    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    Etuoo33's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    2,293
    vCash:
    2629
    Loc:
    Melrose FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If he would only play like he talks, we would have one less problem on this team. Sadly he will probably get more than he's worth.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    Fins_of_Fury's Avatar
    Up and Comer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2009
    Posts:
    965
    vCash:
    1364
    Loc:
    Asheville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    PS4 ControllerTannehill 17Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    I feel confident with Sean Smith as our #1 Corner! - Said No One Ever
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    FinHeaven Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    10,203
    vCash:
    1750
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hate the "Yeah let's create more holes on this team argument", yes, because we've been so good the past 4 years right? 7 wins each year with these guys. These guys can't win. We're no worse without them than we are with them. So your argument is we should pay everyone just because we can't do better? That's cool, that means Ireland is a pretty bad GM then.

    Tannehill and his offense will be the difference between whether we become relevant or not. Not Sean Smith, I have seen cornerbacks just as good or better starting in the playoffs than Sean Smith and they're not asking for the money Smith wants.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    Travis34's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    5,597
    vCash:
    7869
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cullenbigcstill View Post
    I'd like to see us use the money from Smiths contract and a possibly a lil more and use it on another SS CB, the one from GB. We should add Sam Shields, he has blossomed into a terrific cover corner, he plays the ball well is always in the receiver plays tight coverage, can actually catch, is from Florida, played WR at the U before bonehead realized he'd be a much better CB and special teams stud. This guy would blossom with Coyle, and maybe a few GB receivers come with him to create a major talent influx to the Dolphins.
    I concur. I doubt even with their rookie emerging that they let him get away though. Here is a terrific fit though. I'd be 100% down to let Smith walk and get Cox and Shields and still draft someone early. But that secondary would be automatically much improved


    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    For me, Keenan Allen would be the ideal FA get. I hope we go after him hard.
    He's a college player. Gonna be drafted..

    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Sean Smith update: Sean Smith meeting with imaginary teams
    By MrEd in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-14-2013, 11:27 AM
  2. Sean Smith
    By vega51 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2012, 02:41 PM
  3. sean Smith need
    By Heinegrabber in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2011, 11:49 PM
  4. Sean Smith = Shutdown Sean!!
    By RockyMtnPhinfan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 05:28 AM
  5. Sean Smith Agent comments on Sean's Practice Today
    By FinAtic8480 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 08:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •