Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Russel Wilson proves that we should draft another QB in this draft

1. -91
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    No. People always think that these running QBs are here to stay and dominate the league.

Once film cycles they'll figure out how to stop Wilson, RGIII and future running QBs. It's what happened to Cam Newton this season. Guys get enough film on a QB and things change. Typically the running QB relies too much on his legs to make adjustments and that just doesn't happen.

Mike Vick is probably the greatest dual threat QB of all-time and that's saying something.
    You're wrong about Wilson, he'll be a top 5 QB someday. He uses his legs more like Roethlisberger or Romo does to extend plays to throw it rather than just run for yards. Ironically, I believe his short stocky build will help keep him healthy.

As for OP's point QBs should always be part of your draft board and you shouldn't pass on one if you believe you're getting extreme good value. And competition in camp can't ever be a bad thing.
    Quote Quote  

2. -92
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    You're wrong about Wilson, he'll be a top 5 QB someday. He uses his legs more like Roethlisberger or Romo does to extend plays to throw it rather than just run for yards. Ironically, I believe his short stocky build will help keep him healthy.
    He has to learn to slide as him going for extra yards will catch up to him quick.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

3. -93
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    To just call Russell Wilson a running QB does him a huge disservice and isn't true at all. He is going to be a top QB in this league for a very, very long time. Geno Smith is tremendously more accurate than Pat White to the point that it obliterates any comparison. There are some real reaches in this thread.

As for addressing the QB position continuously, I'm all for it. The desperate way some teams go all in on single QB prospects usually ends in disaster and several wasted years. If a Russell Wilson slips to you, take a chance and see if he'll outperform your current starter. As much as I dislike the desperate way Gruden handled the QB position in Tampa where he just collected a bunch of scrubs and prayed one worked out, it's entirely different when you're bringing in talent you believe in and let the best QB win.
    Quote Quote  

4. -94
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    Maybe we could tag Jake Wrong and trade him to Atlanta for Matt Ryan?

Well if we traded Jake Long , Mike Pouncey, Jared odrick and 2 firsts we might get him lol
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

5. -95
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Well if we traded Jake Long , Mike Pouncey, Jared odrick and 2 firsts we might get him lol
    Pretty sure not even that is enough. Hell we couldn't trick a team to give us a 5th round pick for Long.
    Quote Quote  

6. -96
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali View Post
    I feel a lot better in keeping Matt and Pat rather than some of the other qb's out there who do not impress me.
    I think we need to talk to Matt and let him know we on the verge of something special in Miami and we need him to be a part of it.
    Quote Quote  

7. -97
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can't predict what will happen with Moore, I can't think of any team that would name him the starter out right but there are probably 3 or 4 teams where he would have the opportunity to compete. No matter where he goes he'll likely be paid as a backup so it'll be totally up to him if he believes he can go to a Minnesota or wherever and win the starter job, if he goes I don't think money will be a factor at all.
    Quote Quote  

8. -98
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Like Moore as the backup but he will go elsewhere with the delusion he is an nfl starting qb. I hope he comes to relization and stays here but there are other qb's out there and im not sure our staff is as fond as many fans are. They did everything to make sure he wasnt our starter.
    Bingo! Where is he going esp in the age of starting rooks out of College
    Quote Quote  

9. -99
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamC13 View Post
    You seriously don't have a clue as to what you are talking about here. My guess is you probably haven't even watched him play. Do you actually think Green Bay was surprised by Kaepernick's abilities yesterday? Kaepernick ran the pistol for 4 years under the tutelage of Chris Ault in college who invented it which employed the read-option. Between that film and what he has done in SF teams have plenty of film on him. All the Packers had to do was watch the 80 yard TD Kaepernick ran this preseason that looked identical to his TD last night other than the yardage. They knew what was coming. They just couldn't stop it.

If you had a clue you would also see that Kaepernick has one of the best arms in the NFL. The Cubs drafted him as a pitcher after being clocked at 93mph. He could be a top 5 QB as a pocket passer. Besides arm strength he has pin-point accuracy. He is elusive in the pocket and is already the best QB in the world at throwing on the run. The running makes him that much more dangerous which he has been timed at 4.43. But the most impressive thing is his leadership, intelligence and poise. Hell, as a freshman he almost single-handed put up 67 points against Boise St.

Go back and watch 3 passes last night. One is the 44 yard pass to Vernon Davis and watch the location of the football as it dropped in over Vernon's shoulder. The other two are the TD passes to Crabtree. The way he leads his WRs with pin-point accuracy is unbelievable. Crabtree didn't not have to shift his momentum one inch in order to catch those passes. I challenge you to go back and find three passes "all year" that Tannehill threw better.
    Kaepernick is gifted, so I'm with you on your post. I don't know why anyone would want to be down on him at this point. He has only done good and has been a true athlete in his life. I also think it is weird that someone would say he is playing next week because Green Bay sucks and only has A Rogers as a weapon. Good thing we are building Green Bay south then! Great weekend of football this weekend. Glad you enjoyed watching great NFL games and can respect the teams playing. I think if someone can appreciate talent and other teams it makes them a more interesting fan, to me. God I hope the Dolphins can get it together next year so people can stop pissing in the wind. What I appreciate the most about Kaepernick is the 49ers traded up for him, which means they liked him and had confidence. I also like the Redskins trading up for RG3. Sure would be nice to see that kind of fan inspiring moves in Miami. Lets see how it plays out. Thanks for your post.
    It's time to be successful Coach Philbin. Have you decided what you should master yet? It's time to step up Mr. Tannehill, you're starting year three too.
    Quote Quote  

10. -100
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

It Is What It Is

Or if we drafted POS Brady Quinn like you wanted, it would be academic cause squandering a pick that high would compel the regime to play the hand out at least for a year or two before garbage-canning him like Cleveland and Denver had, and very likely KC, the worst team in the league likely will have done.

It's incredible all the excuses the Ryan obsessers made the last 3 playoff bed-****tings including a big goose egg last year - yet conveniently overlook today's near meltdown if not for the great Tony Gonzalez.

Finally, he did reasonably well - at least for awhile, until he again seemed to remember that it was a game that mattered with his last pivotal interception conceding a 20 pt lead to a team that traveled over 6000 miles in 6 days, played at 10AM pacific time and lost their best defender to injury - before obviously gaining amnesia.

You know, maybe or maybe not Ryan with his 1 out of 4 instant death post season wins would/should have been the ticket in 08 but definitely a better choice would have been Joe "he's got the knack-o" Flacco who actually traveled the other way playing in one of the toughest home stadiums in Denver in the sub zero weather creating another miracle. Correct me if I'm wrong, but last I looked he's made the playoffs all 5 years, had his team finished 1st the last 3 seasons in a more competitive division mostly without the caliber of weapons like Gonzalez, White, Julio Jones, etc, including a playoff record of 7-4.

So far Matty "Almost Melted Again" Ryan is batting .250 in the playoffs while "He's Got A Knacko" Flacco is batting .640 in his playoff appearances. Long way of saying, if the Fins would have traded up - or down they could have jumped in front of the deal at 17 the Ravens made and had a QB that proved again in spades, doesn't fade when the lights are brightest. Incidentally, didn't realize it until today but Peyton Manning has also gone "one and out" in 8 playoffs now, so again, it's great to look good during the season, but another thing to carry that over into the postseason.

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote