Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Russel Wilson proves that we should draft another QB in this draft

1. -141
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    RG3 wont be around long unless he changes his play style.

Wilson is legit.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

There's nothing certainfor Griffin, Luck, Wilson or Tannehill.

Tannehill has the least exp while Wilson had the most. Simple. Also if Wilson was 6'2 he would've gone BEFORE Luck.
    As soon as Wilson gets dinged a little -- any kind of leg injury at all, either muscle, ligament or bone -- to where he can't move as quickly, he's done as a high-level QB. If he had to pass from the pocket without high threat of a run, he's a below average QB.

RT on the other hand, is a pass first QB who can legitimately own the game from the pocket, and yet can also scramble.

I like Wilson but he's gonna be lucky not to get dinged up soon. One leg injury and he's less successful - a significant one that restricts his mobility and he's a sub-par QB.

LD
    Quote Quote  

2. -142
    6 of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LDaniel7 View Post
    As soon as Wilson gets dinged a little -- any kind of leg injury at all, either muscle, ligament or bone -- to where he can't move as quickly, he's done as a high-level QB. If he had to pass from the pocket without high threat of a run, he's a below average QB.

RT on the other hand, is a pass first QB who can legitimately own the game from the pocket, and yet can also scramble.

I like Wilson but he's gonna be lucky not to get dinged up soon. One leg injury and he's less successful - a significant one that restricts his mobility and he's a sub-par QB.

LD
    When has Tannehill owned the game from the pocket? I wish they would use his athleticism as a weapon and not a crutch or gimmick.
    Quote Quote  

3. -143
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lol at owned the game from the pocket. no. tannehill Hasn't owned anything yet. Matter a fact he needs to work o his accuracy cause he consistently misses the target. Furthermore, I don't low his chad henne like deameanor. He's not aggressive enuff for today's game. if he wants to run he doesn't do it decisively. Everything is does is slow and uncommitted. I hope things get better as they should but maybe his personality isn't what we need right now
    Quote Quote  

4. -144
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iwastherein72 View Post
    Tannehill has far more upside and is better suited for the NFL game than the wannabe flash-in-the-pan slash guys like scam, rg3 and wilson. None of them, OR the coaches who have a fetish for them (like andy reid) will ever win anything of substance. Look at the philly trainwreck now, that's where seattle will be in 5 years.

I hate even POSTING on a thread like this because it gets bumped up when it deserves to be deep-sixed.
    Ok... Sit and watch Kaepernick!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

5. -145
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Obviously iwastherein72 doesn't own a television. What a preposterous statement. Yeah they are all just over-hyped, flashes-in-the-pan. There is a reason we're watching them all in the playoffs and it isn't because they suck! And comparing Vick to any of them, especially Russell Wilson is one of the dumbest thing I've ever read on this message board.
    Quote Quote  

6. -146
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toledo, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Moore will seek opportunities else where, Devlin is an unknown commodity. We need another QB. Why are the RT fanboys afraid of a little competition? Remember, David Garrard was going to be our starter....nuff said?

Quote Quote  

7. -147
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patriots Homer
Gift received at 08-12-2014, 07:53 PM from flynryan15
    Wow, dumbest thread ever.

I will run screaming to the VIP lounge now.
    Quote Quote  

8. -148
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This Draft class is horrible for QBs

Why waste a pick on a Developmental QB just for competition
    Quote Quote  

9. -149
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Russell Wilson is one of the best QBs in the NFL and no one can argue that. The poise he has in the pocket, his ability to win games in the clutch. None of that has **** to do with the team built around him.

Russell Wilson may end up being the best QB in this draft class and that's just life. He's hands down the rookie of the year.

All this weekend showed me is the Dolphins have NOTHING resembling any part of these playoff teams.
    Quote Quote  

10. -150
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scottie g View Post
    try again , he's 6-3 , 230 ... heavier than marino and only an inch shorter .

Everything I have read says 6' 2" and between 215 - 223. Maybe he grew...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Griffin_III
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...rt-griffin-iii
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profil...iii?id=2533033

RG3 has an odd personality. He reminds me of Ricky in that regard. Also he takes risks/hits he shouldn't. Wilson plays much much smarter and knows how to avoid taking hits. He should though, given he was the starter for 2 universities (NC, Wis). For a rookie, Wilson was able to extend plays up to 4+ seconds on average before getting rid of the ball. That absolutely kills a defense to try and defend WRs/TEs that long.

As for this Tannehill season, was better once the knee brace came off at the end of the season from where he sustained the knee injury against the stej mid-season. He did what you do at this level, he wiped some dirt on it and played through the injury. The brace prevented Tannehill from completely straightening his plant foot and stepping forward, which affected his accuracy. This is why he so often appeared to be throwing off his back foot or not following/stepping through. Well that and the fact that he only had 2.4 seconds to get rid on the ball on average (according to PFF).

The team is currently commited to Tannehill's development. They have to give him until the end 2014 season before giving up on him I think... as for drafting another QB in a later round - not unless it is after the 4th and he is the BPA in that round IMO.
    Quote Quote