Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Russel Wilson proves that we should draft another QB in this draft

1. -151
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Note: The pass-blocking O-line play for Miami was HORRID, people. And this w. one of the highest paid O-lines, with a previous coach supposedly an "expert" at offensive line...

People who are down on RT after comparing him to teams like San Fran and Seattle and NE and Wash are just nuts. Period.

RT + San Fran's team quality = AFC Title win and maybe SB.

LD

LD
    Quote Quote  

2. -152
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by napsndreds View Post
    Lol at owned the game from the pocket. no. tannehill Hasn't owned anything yet. Matter a fact he needs to work o his accuracy cause he consistently misses the target. Furthermore, I don't low his chad henne like deameanor. He's not aggressive enuff for today's game. if he wants to run he doesn't do it decisively. Everything is does is slow and uncommitted. I hope things get better as they should but maybe his personality isn't what we need right now
    Bingo. That's the issue everyone is content to ignore. Tannehill was passive in the session with Gruden and then we find out he didn't care enough to learn the NFL divisions. I saved plenty of tapes from this season and one play after another looks like 60% energy, as if he's scared of success. It's not ideal. Deflect away but it's not ideal. Russell Wilson was oozing confidence on Sunday even as Seattle trailed big.

Tannehill reminds me quite a bit of a golfer named Nick Watney, whose personality and facial expressions frequently show up as a topic on golf message boards. Talented but not altogether there, and you sense he's simply not assertive or greedy enough.
    Quote Quote  

3. -153
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    Bingo. That's the issue everyone is content to ignore. Tannehill was passive in the session with Gruden and then we find out he didn't care enough to learn the NFL divisions. I saved plenty of tapes from this season and one play after another looks like 60% energy, as if he's scared of success. It's not ideal. Deflect away but it's not ideal. Russell Wilson was oozing confidence on Sunday even as Seattle trailed big.

Tannehill reminds me quite a bit of a golfer named Nick Watney, whose personality and facial expressions frequently show up as a topic on golf message boards. Talented but not altogether there, and you sense he's simply not assertive or greedy enough.
    Yup, this is a concern for me too but I did see a bit of fire from him during the Jacksonville game, it was right after the receiver dropped like the 4th or 5th pass in a row, he yanked on his facemask in disgust like 'are you ****ing kidding me!?!'. From there he went on to play probably his best game of the season. I think he has it in him but the question is can we get it out of him consistently.
    Quote Quote  

4. -154
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinmanniac View Post
    Seattle definitely wasn't a playoff team last year! Either was Indianapolis or Washington.

Drafted rookie QB immediate impact on their respective teams:

2011 Season
    Washington: 5-11
    Indianapolis: 2-14
    Seattle: 7-9
    Miami: 6-10

2012 Season
    Washington: 10-6
    Indianapolis: 11-5
    Seattle: 11-5
    Miami: 7-9
    Your statement assumes the team stayed stagnant since 2011 with the exception of adding Wilson, which is just not true.

Carroll is an excellent coach who has built a playoff team.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

5. -155
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post

Passive with Gruden and doesn't know the divisions. That is hysterical... I was watching Inside the NFL earlier this year. They had Phil Sims and LT on. Simms was chiding LT for not ever learning what teams were in what division. LT dismissed him saying the only teams that mattered were the ones you face next week and as the schedule changes every year, who cares? You still have to beat them regardless of what division they're in.

Philbin and Sherman both stated that they limited Tannehill running this season to keep him healthy. Especially after the knee injury. Let's give him another season or two and augment the WR and TE position a bit before tossing him out...
    Quote Quote  

6. -156
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh please...knowing the teams in each division does not make you a franchise QB....nor the not knowing preclude you from it.

I think many of you would be surprised at what little knowledge some of the greatest players in the game actually have.
    Quote Quote  

7. -157
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think we should draft a QB every year, personally.

It's a good investment.

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

8. -158
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    I think we should draft a QB every year, personally.

It's a good investment.
    Maybe instead of flipping luxury condos, Ross can start flipping NFL QB's for money and draft picks.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

9. -159
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    Maybe instead of flipping luxury condos, Ross can start flipping NFL QB's for money and draft picks.
    Andy Reid sure did.

Too bad he chose poorly with what he got in return.

Bellicheck does it too.
    Quote Quote  

10. -160
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFin View Post
    Your statement assumes the team stayed stagnant since 2011 with the exception of adding Wilson, which is just not true.

Carroll is an excellent coach who has built a playoff team.
    I'm just getting frustrated I guess. Every other team in this league today seems to be able to make huge strides except us. Teams going from 5, 4 even 2 wins to 10 or 11 wins in just an offseason. We're what, on the 5th year of rebuilding and still finishing 7-9. What do we consider a success next year, 8-8 missing the playoffs yet again? Give me a break! It's not easy being a Dolphins fan.
    Quote Quote