Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 151617181920
Results 191 to 197 of 197

Thread: Russel Wilson proves that we should draft another QB in this draft

  1. -191
    Elle Clouds's Avatar
    6 of Fame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2006
    Posts:
    1,307
    vCash:
    5465
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cuchulainn View Post
    In 2014 I would agree with you if Tannehill hasn't progressed. This draft, I'd be very upset if we passed up a top DE, CB, or WR to take another QB in those rounds. That is akin to buying a $300 pair of boots, then passing up a winter coat you desperately need to buy another pair of shoes you may or may not wear because they were on sale... In this scenario, you're not accounting for the fact that we have no td scoring playmakers at WR. Fasano is our only quality TE, and he lacks speed. Wake is an injury away from leaving us with no quality DEs, Dansby and Burnett are always injured, and SSmith lacks playmaking ability at CB. Addressing those positions will be best for the team this upcoming season.

    Do we need more young developmental QBs, yes. Definitely. Do we need to spend a 2nd - 4th round pick on one THIS draft as a luxury pick? Not IMO... Let's see what happens with Devlin and MMoore, or whoever they decide to bring in to replace MMoore next preseason and season...
    We have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. Now factor in free agency. If we chose a QB in the 4th it wouldn't be as bad as you assume. This plan should only be exercised if someone was there worth the pick. Why put all your eggs in the unproven Tannehill basket? I want him to succeed as much as any other fan but I rather the team do well first. I'm a dolphin fan first.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -192
    BIG_FISH_RI's Avatar
    BIG_FISH_RI

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2006
    Posts:
    834
    vCash:
    2642
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elle Clouds View Post
    We have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. Now factor in free agency. If we chose a QB in the 4th it wouldn't be as bad as you assume. This plan should only be exercised if someone was there worth the pick. Why put all your eggs in the unproven Tannehill basket? I want him to succeed as much as any other fan but I rather the team do well first. I'm a dolphin fan first.
    STOP - your making to much sense.........
    I go on the record again and say MIAMI MUST DRAFT A QB SOMETIME AROUND ROUND 4 - 5.
    If you took one in teh 4th with FA and the 1st 3 rounds........... thats at least 8 additions to the team before you add that NEED back up QB!!!
    Quote Quote  

  3. -193
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2012
    Posts:
    68
    vCash:
    1282
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elle Clouds View Post
    We have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. Now factor in free agency. If we chose a QB in the 4th it wouldn't be as bad as you assume. This plan should only be exercised if someone was there worth the pick. Why put all your eggs in the unproven Tannehill basket? I want him to succeed as much as any other fan but I rather the team do well first. I'm a dolphin fan first.
    I can appreciate your argument and from the 4th round on down wouldn't present an issue as long as he is indeed the BPA. Even with the additional 2nd and 3rd picks, I'd still rather wait until the 5th or later for this 3rd level QB depth (Devlin being the 2nd level if MMoore leaves) and spend those resources ensuring we are not in the same predicament at WR, TE, DE, CB, LB, OG, OT, etc... next season as we have been the past 2 seasons. But that is just me perhaps. Also, we still don't know what we have in Devlin and yet you seem convinced that we should take another rookie QB and that this new rookie QB will automatically either be the #2 or be able to push Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -194
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2012
    Posts:
    68
    vCash:
    1282
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG_FISH_RI View Post
    STOP - your making to much sense.........
    I go on the record again and say MIAMI MUST DRAFT A QB SOMETIME AROUND ROUND 4 - 5.
    If you took one in teh 4th with FA and the 1st 3 rounds........... thats at least 8 additions to the team before you add that NEED back up QB!!!
    Must draft another QB in rounds 4 or 5? To go along with the other 3 you're mentioning? That would be Tannehill, Devlin, an unnamed FA (Who do you have in mind?), and a draftee to give us 4 QBs. I am certainly open to taking another QB on day 2 of the draft in the latter rounds, but can't see us bringing in 4 QBs on the roster.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -195
    BIG_FISH_RI's Avatar
    BIG_FISH_RI

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2006
    Posts:
    834
    vCash:
    2642
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cuchulainn View Post
    Must draft another QB in rounds 4 or 5? To go along with the other 3 you're mentioning? That would be Tannehill, Devlin, an unnamed FA (Who do you have in mind?), and a draftee to give us 4 QBs. I am certainly open to taking another QB on day 2 of the draft in the latter rounds, but can't see us bringing in 4 QBs on the roster.
    If JI can pulla rabbit out his hat and drug Moore into siging a contract then no need to draft another QB. Otherwise, Moore is GONE!!!!
    Quote Quote  

  6. -196
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2012
    Posts:
    68
    vCash:
    1282
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG_FISH_RI View Post
    If JI can pulla rabbit out his hat and drug Moore into siging a contract then no need to draft another QB. Otherwise, Moore is GONE!!!!
    I am all for keeping MMoore as a backup next season, but if Ireland is pulling anything out of a hat, it had better be an all world CB or WR in the draft.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -197
    jtoomuch's Avatar
    Starting to hear voices

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    2,176
    vCash:
    2490
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmatics View Post
    Another one of these comments from 50 year old FinJim. I've said this before, but take a look at his posting history. 90% of the comments he makes are like this.

    BTW for those that don't know, he did this back in the day over Chad Henne as well. You said anything that challenged the great and almight Henne, you got these same immature responses.
    Whatever, but what does his age have to do with anything?
    JMB
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Don't reach on QB this year - draft Russel Wilson
    By SammySmif in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 05-05-2013, 04:10 PM
  2. could russel wilson be this years andy dalton?
    By sinPHIN in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 08:48 PM
  3. Robert Griffin III and Russel Wilson > Andrew Luck
    By koolvid in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-10-2011, 03:39 PM
  4. jamarcus russel lsu qb draft ?
    By romio in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-12-2006, 05:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •