Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Russel Wilson proves that we should draft another QB in this draft

1. -41
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill wasn't good enough to not scout QBs this year. If they find a guy they like and he's available at a good spot, I have no problem taking a QB.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    No. People always think that these running QBs are here to stay and dominate the league.

Once film cycles they'll figure out how to stop Wilson, RGIII and future running QBs. It's what happened to Cam Newton this season. Guys get enough film on a QB and things change. Typically the running QB relies too much on his legs to make adjustments and that just doesn't happen.

Mike Vick is probably the greatest dual threat QB of all-time and that's saying something.
    I wouldn't call Wilson a running QB. He threw for 385 yards today for crissakes. He can run but that doesn't mean it's all he does. Just the fact that he's difficult to sack and can make plays on the run make him a money QB.

Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    Lol no.

Wilson is a huge exception. There wont be another guy like him in 20 years. Tannehill has just as much ability as him just needs the correct pieces around him.
    I would agree with you but then we would both be wrong considering I watched a kid named Colin Kaepernick play last night.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamC13 View Post
    I would agree with you but then we would both be wrong considering I watched a kid named Colin Kaepernick play last night.
    nothing wrong with any of those guys although cap is still staring down receivers. Griffin has the best season ever by a rookie qb and people just dont want to give him any credit
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    nothing wrong with any of those guys although cap is still staring down receivers. Griffin has the best season ever by a rookie qb and people just dont want to give him any credit
    It's not that nobody is giving him credit. It's just he had a ONE read offense. It's not that hard to grasp.

If his 1st read is covered he runs, just like Baylor.

Wilson's season was actually far more impressive.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AdamC13 View Post
    What does that gotta do with Wilson being a exception?

Kapernick plays on a loaded offense whose #1 WR is finally getting his comfort level. He also stares down WRs alot, which is one thing Wilson doesn't do.

Russel Wilson > Kap.

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    It's not that nobody is giving him credit. It's just he had a ONE read offense. It's not that hard to grasp.

If his 1st read is covered he runs, just like Baylor.

Wilson's season was actually far more impressive.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

What does that gotta do with Wilson being a exception?

Kapernick plays on a loaded offense whose #1 WR is finally getting his comfort level. He also stares down WRs alot, which is one thing Wilson doesn't do.

Russel Wilson > Kap.
    Was he successful did it work, did he make many mistakes. obviously since he was the only rookie qb to ever post a 100 qb rating and his team made the playoffs it worked. If the offense is so easy how come no other qb has ever been able to do it like him. Personally not talking about u much of the disrespect on this board towards Rg3 is sour grapes because he played so well.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Injured Reserve

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    East of Pennsyl-tucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elle Clouds View Post
    This might not be a popular idea amongst the Tannehill lovers, but think about how Seattle had their top free agent Qb but still took Wilson in the 3rd. I'm not saying use the 12th pick, but if there is someone in the late 2nd-4th round that may give Tanny some competition, I say draft him and let training camp decides who is the starter. As a fin fan of over 25 years, I've seen my fair share of qb's and I'm not nearly sold on our current starter. Wilson is proof that you never know which QB will be your starter till the competition starts. I'm not a rabid fan of Tannehill, but I'm a die hard Dolphins fan and always want the best for the franchise.

If Philbin really employs the Green Bay philosophy then we will draft another QB. Now it won't be a 1st or 2nd rounder but the Packers believe in adding another QB mid round or so. So yes, we will draft another QB in the draft.

Quote Quote  

8. -48
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Was he successful did it work, did he make many mistakes. obviously since he was the only rookie qb to ever post a 100 qb rating and his team made the playoffs it worked. If the offense is so easy how come no other qb has ever been able to do it like him. Personally not talking about u much of the disrespect on this board towards Rg3 is sour grapes because he played so well.
    There's no sour grapes from me at all, never liked him and knew he'd get hurt quick. I was right. His season wasn't that impressive if you actually watched him play. Simpleton offense.

Wilson also had a 100 rating, and 6 more pass TDs, and got deeper in the playoffs without a fairy offense, and he did that while being 5'9.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Russell Wilson has a top 5 D, top 5 Running game, a seam threat TE and a great offensive line not to mention very good Wrs (a true #1 in Sidney Rice)!! Its not to hard to suceed when all the pieces are in place all you have to do is be a game mananger and not turn the ball over and make some plays here and there.....If hes on a team like Miami Russel Wilson isnt even talked about this year....Tannehill should of had this team in the playoffs if it werent for Carpenter and that speaks volumes being they dont have any playmakers a below average running game and a pourous o-line...I just dont understand for the life of me these things arent brought up when comparing T-Hill to others huge diff with the circumstances.....Oh and one more thing T-Hill beat Wilson!! Thumbs Down big time on this thread next!!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Moore has already said he wants to find a opportunity to start somewhere, so I don't expect him back. Devlin looked decent enough for the back-up job but there's nothing wrong with drafting competition.
    Quote Quote