Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross to pay for "substantially all" of the modernization of Sun Life?

1. -21
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    The stadium isn't that bad compared to dumps like the Black Hole and Qualcomm Stadium...
    Ralph Wilson Stadium is a dump.

Sun Life will never be as high tech as the new Cowboys Stadium, but not many NFL stadiums are. We aren't talking about a stadium that is a hundred years old or anything, it is 25 years old. Arrowhead is 40 years old, Lambeau Field is 55 years old, Soldier Field is 88 years old. Renovations to stadiums is nothing that hasn't happened before. Very rarely is a 25 year old stadium deemed old enough to be completely replaced.

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albemarle, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What time is the press conference?
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzardmountain View Post
    What time is the press conference?
    noon
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Only those who visit the stadium on a consistent basis, like season ticket holders, should be allowed to comment on how bad(or how good) the stadium is. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing against opinions here, it's just that I don't understand how people who watch games on tv are able to make such bold statements about the stadium and what needs to be done. The field and stadium looked great to me during the nat. champ. game...although yes, I was watching on tv.

I'd just like to hear more from those who attend Dolphins games on a regular basis, that's all...whether that info is compliments or negatives. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Armando also says at the end of his blog that if the Dolphins don't get that help needed to renovate the stadium, that years down the road when Ross has to sell the team(age) there is nothing holding the Dolphins in South Florida. Poor local support and no stadium upgrades could lead to one very sad day for Miami fans(the ones that still care) within the next 10 years. Though if Sun Life Stadium gets these upgrades, that Ross is paying for mostly out of his pocket, the Dolphins probably cement themselves in South Florida for the next 25-30 years. This is a critical time for the long term future of this franchise.
    Every stadium that has been built to host an NFL franchise in the last 50 years has had the team pull out the "give us your tax money or we'll move" blackmail. Maybe the city of Miami Gardens or the state of Florida should counter that crap with a threat to take ownership of the Dolphins through Eminent Domain. With the liberalization of eminent domains powers that the US Supreme Court has approved in the last twenty years it would not be an empty threat and would tie the team up in court for over a decade while the case was being litigated. Government ownership of the Dolphins would fix the blackmail issue forever.

Dolphins, if you want fans in the stadium and politicians to listen to you, fix the team. Sustained winning cures a host of ills.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    Raymond James is light years beyond Sunlife
    Seats closer to the field, thats about it. Club level areas arent even comparable to Sun Life, parking lots suck, traffic is worse, only 65K seats, upper deck has a terrible view, ect
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    I hope they have an artist rendering of what they are leaning toward today.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dolph N.Fan View Post
    Sun life will never be a top notch stadium. Being designed as a multi purpose stadium was a mistake since football is the only tenants in the stadium with no more baseball and soccer there. Sun life will never compete with all these state of the art stadiums on with these upgrades.
    Well the marlins were there for 18 years and 2 world series , so the multi purpose aspect was a little successful, even though soccer never panned out.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MO Dolphan View Post
    Only those who visit the stadium on a consistent basis, like season ticket holders, should be allowed to comment on how bad(or how good) the stadium is. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing against opinions here, it's just that I don't understand how people who watch games on tv are able to make such bold statements about the stadium and what needs to be done. The field and stadium looked great to me during the nat. champ. game...although yes, I was watching on tv.

I'd just like to hear more from those who attend Dolphins games on a regular basis, that's all...whether that info is compliments or negatives. Thanks.
    I''m down there once a year and I like the stadium. I don't need bells or whistles. I'd welcome more upgrades to the stadium but I'm fine with where it's located and what the majority of it looks like.
    Last edited by SpurzN703; 01-14-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ive been to some other nfl stadiums and let me tell you, sunlife is a nice stadium. the parking situation is excellent. huge cash lot for non season ticket holders and a lot for season ticket holders. the interior still looks great and the field is always in good shape. ive been to pittsburgh and tampa and those stadium (while nice and shiny), look cheap, like they have been put up overnight. there are a few stadiums that are very nice (dallas, houston, arizona, lucas oil).
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    Seats closer to the field, thats about it. Club level areas arent even comparable to Sun Life, parking lots suck, traffic is worse, only 65K seats, upper deck has a terrible view, ect
    Raymond James is right off Dale Mabry which makes it very convenient it is blocks away from everything a fan needs including Tampa Airport. The lower level and club seats are better then SunLifeProPlayMararitavilleJoeRobbie. Upper deck sucks no matter what stadium you are in.
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote