Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross to pay for "substantially all" of the modernization of Sun Life?

1. -31
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation Logo
Gift received at 03-18-2014, 10:36 PM from DisturbedShifty
Message: I saw the PS controller so I figured you'd like the PS logo as well.1972 Dolphins LogoPS4 ControllerMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91
    Moving stadiums constantly like the NFL do is insane, renovating a stadium that is only 20 something years old is sensible. Ross is putting up a good deal and frankly looking at attendances, tv figures (dont we average the lowest local tv figures in the NFL?( etc Miami based fans should be very glad to have a long term contract to tie the team to the city. When Ross sells in 10 years time maybe the new owner could want to expand outside the US or something equally crazy, if Attendances etc stay low tradition will only hold the team down so long, you need that legal contract.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinTannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    I better be able to get one or two of those seats when they start ripping them out and replacing them. I spent a lot of money in that stadium since they opened it. They would go well with my orange bowl seat hanging on the wall.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MO Dolphan View Post
    Only those who visit the stadium on a consistent basis, like season ticket holders, should be allowed to comment on how bad(or how good) the stadium is. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing against opinions here, it's just that I don't understand how people who watch games on tv are able to make such bold statements about the stadium and what needs to be done. The field and stadium looked great to me during the nat. champ. game...although yes, I was watching on tv.

I'd just like to hear more from those who attend Dolphins games on a regular basis, that's all...whether that info is compliments or negatives. Thanks.
    I'm a former season ticket holder who also went to quite a few Marlins games at Joe Robbie. The facility desperately needs to be upgraded or replaced -- not because it is a dump or anything, but because of actual flaws in the design. I'm glad that Steve Ross understands exactly what's wrong, too. He's talking about improving the distance from the seats to the field, and that is the primary thing that is needed. Do you ever wonder why in the crowd shots, it's the upper bowl that's virtually empty? It's because you need goddamn binoculars to see the game up there.

The canopy/partial roof idea is also great. Design it with acoustics in mind in such a way that it makes the place louder. Move the seats in and give the fans some shelter from the elements. A winning team is still desperately needed, but this will definitely make the game experience more attractive, compared to the TV viewing experience.

I really hope that Ross and the county can come to an agreement here. If what Armando writes is accurate, this would be a winning scenario for the team, fans, and county government. It's a real shame that the scumbag ownership of the Marlins predisposed the county officials to public funding.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Seriously sitting in the 400 section at SunLifeProPlayMararitavilleJoeRobbie is ridiculous I did it once and never again you have a better view if you were sitting on top of the blimp!

The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Armando also says at the end of his blog that if the Dolphins don't get that help needed to renovate the stadium, that years down the road when Ross has to sell the team(age) there is nothing holding the Dolphins in South Florida. Poor local support and no stadium upgrades could lead to one very sad day for Miami fans(the ones that still care) within the next 10 years. Though if Sun Life Stadium gets these upgrades, that Ross is paying for mostly out of his pocket, the Dolphins probably cement themselves in South Florida for the next 25-30 years. This is a critical time for the long term future of this franchise.
    He owns both the team and stadium.

So how does Armando propose he find a buyer for the stadium without the team?

Silly...
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    The stadiums in Jacksonville and Tampa are equally as bad, and far worse than Sun Life stadium.
    Maybe Im missing something but whats wrong with Raymond jAMES Stadium
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    The man, the myth, the legend

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins aren't fish, Mando! They're mammals!
    400x300
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Heilbrunn View Post
    He owns both the team and stadium.

So how does Armando propose he find a buyer for the stadium without the team?

Silly...
    The value of the stadium in 10 years with no renovations will be WAY down from what Ross spent to get it. Think about this, if Sun Life Stadium doesn't get the renovations it needs now, there will be no Super Bowls held in South Florida in the near future. If you are the next owner of the Dolphins and say that you have no ties to the history of the team or the city of Miami, what makes South Florida appealing? You have a team with poor local support, an outdated stadium and no future Super Bowls coming to town. You don't think the new future owner won't even consider relocation?

The stadium needs renovations not only to draw future Super Bowls but also to keep the Dolphins in Miami imo. I really hope they get the support and help they need to accomplish this.

Quote Quote  

9. -39
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calabasas, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ross to pay for "substantially all" of the modernization of Sun Life?

sounds like their plan is to trim a little from the top… spread it out on the bottom, and put a "semi-lid" or "retractable cover" on it.

cool
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calabasas, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ross to pay for "substantially all" of the modernization of Sun Life?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolph N.Fan View Post
    Well Lucas oil stadium costed $720 million.
    land's cheaper near the middle than out on the USA edges
    Quote Quote