Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross to pay for "substantially all" of the modernization of Sun Life?

1. -41
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Prolonging what's necessary -- building a new stadium -- even if it makes the present situation a little better, is never good news.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by johngarry View Post
    land's cheaper near the middle than out on the USA edges
    First off Lucas Oil Stadium is smack in the middle of downtown Indianapolis while Sunlife is on the border of a swamp. I guarantee the land in downtown Indy is far more per acre then the Everglades.

Second Ross already owns all the land so if a new stadium were to be built it would be on the current property I have read Ross paid anywhere from 300-500 million for the stadium and land so he sure isn't going to build a stadium elsewhere. He does that and about all he will ever build on the old lot is a tent city for transient jets fans.

The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    The value of the stadium in 10 years with no renovations will be WAY down from what Ross spent to get it. Think about this, if Sun Life Stadium doesn't get the renovations it needs now, there will be no Super Bowls held in South Florida in the near future. If you are the next owner of the Dolphins and say that you have no ties to the history of the team or the city of Miami, what makes South Florida appealing? You have a team with poor local support, an outdated stadium and no future Super Bowls coming to town. You don't think the new future owner won't even consider relocation?

The stadium needs renovations not only to draw future Super Bowls but also to keep the Dolphins in Miami imo. I really hope they get the support and help they need to accomplish this.
    Well there is no guarantee that Miami would get no superbowls since we got one as recent as 2010 . Poor local support can be attributed to the team he has built as owner because there has been a drastic drop in attendence not some long term issue. If he wants to foot a majority of the real bill not some phantom number that is just spoken, then maybe the taxpayers might support some public money but in reality the taxpayers need to start sending a message to the very profitable nfl that it needs to start footing its own bill.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ive been a season ticket holder for 4 seasons. My seats are in sec 134 (home side corner) and I love this stadium. Could we be a littler closer to the action? Yes. Are there too many seats in the upper bowl? yes. Thats pretty much the only thing wrong with it. What else do you guys want? When I sit in my seats for games my experience is unreal. I can run to the bathroom and be back without missing any action, i can get a beer in less than 5 seconds, the food is decent, the parking rules, its right on the turnpike.

Please, other than being closer to the action....what else is there to upgrade?
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinTannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Will the PC be available for us to watch?
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Well there is no guarantee that Miami would get no superbowls since we got one as recent as 2010 . Poor local support can be attributed to the team he has built as owner because there has been a drastic drop in attendence not some long term issue. If he wants to foot a majority of the real bill not some phantom number that is just spoken, then maybe the taxpayers might support some public money but in reality the taxpayers need to start sending a message to the very profitable nfl that it needs to start footing its own bill.
    Miami can't compete with some of these new stadiums when it comes to getting a Super Bowl. Yeah they had it in 2010, but they were awarded that game in 2006, before the NFL took issue with Sun Life Stadium. Right or wrong, the NFL pretty much told Ross and the Dolphins that without stadium upgrades there will be no future Super Bowls in Miami. The bid for Super Bowl L is contingent on the stadium getting these upgrades. Without the upgrades, Santa Clara is getting that Super Bowl.

This is a critical time for the Dolphins and their long term future in Miami. I hope they get these renovations they want and NEED.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Fin View Post
    Will the PC be available for us to watch?
    No idea. My guess is that it won't be live, but that they will put it up on their website later. Just a guess though.

Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ross to pay for "substantially all" of the modernization of Sun Life?

What time does the press conference start btw? I haven't seen a time posted.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    I think one of the biggest things hurting Miami is the location when it comes to getting another Superbowl. You look at the NFL experience and how it has become a week long event leading up to the Superbowl. Well Sunlife is just to far away from the majority of the hotels that fans stay at and it becomes a major hassle to get fans there throughout the week.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Scotch Plains NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJetsBlow View Post
    What time does the press conference start btw? I haven't seen a time posted.
    I believe it is 12
    LETS GO FINS!!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont understand why ppl care about the stadium looking shiny and cool like cowboys stadium, has it helped the cowboys win anything or even get in the playoffs? no!. Want seats closer to the field? than buy better tickets? maybe thats a better idea. If them seats down there aint close enough for you than i suggest some thick glasses. No offense. Im more worried about the decisions this upcoming offseason that will make or break this team for the next decade. I have been to the stadium, never had a problem with it, never had a complaint about the stadium. Its in its location to attract fans from west palm and miami, not just miami.

This is a critical time for the Dolphins and their long term future in Miami. I hope they get these renovations they want and NEED.
    really? is it the fans that need it or the team? does the stadium effect our teams performance? seriously this is football, it doesnt have to be pretty and shiny, just win and the stadium will be packed like in the marino days.

let me also state that i dont believe ross is paying for anything or we would not need this so called "plan" to get the public to pay for it. If im paying for something im pulling my wallet out and putting the money down no questions asked.
    Quote Quote