Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Ross to pay for "substantially all" of the modernization of Sun Life?

1. -161
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    Raymond James is light years beyond Sunlife
    It wouldn't compare to the new JRS, after the re-fit. There is nothing in any new NFL stadium that the Dolphins can not have in their stadium. It's bones are good, far better than most NFL stadiums.
    Quote Quote  

2. -162

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    Hell for $400 million they should be able to install mini-air conditioners under every seat with a built-in soda/beer machine. The shades look nice....hopefully they will be strong enough to withstand a hit from a hurricane.
    You make it seem like 400 million is a lot to spend on a NFL stadium... It's cheap and a freaking bargain.
    Quote Quote  

3. -163

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    You have to be a lug to fall for this. Who announces a plan of this magnitude on such a short timetable? Please ram it through within weeks, no questions asked. Kindly pay for half of our patchwork and then take over the day to day expenses. We'll be around the corner, trying not to laugh.

And notice Mike Dee played the fear card. Prominently. He's the resident hatchet man, no shame whatsoever. Obviously shoveled it to Armando beforehand.

The fear card virtually disqualifies any attached opinion. That's the way I look at it. We've had some posters here comment recently on the caliber of contribution from others. I have no idea what anyone looks like on this site, with perhaps one of two exceptions. But in this case any name I associate with the fear card will be envisioned trembling in a corner, about as pathetic as a human could appear, waiting for the next printout of runaway fear.

Seriously, you're allowed to leave out 5%. The PR posters, I'm talking about. Even the most relentlessly negative around here put in a good word now and then. The PR types refuse to let go of anything. That's why it's a howl when they appear in a thread, with the guaranteed response, almost automated. I remember when the halftime 60 yard field goal stunt was briefly apologized for, under the assertion that the Dolphins didn't know the makeup of the contestants. This is probably the most inane example since that point, screaming fear. Leave out the bottom 5% and you'll retake credibility. It's not hard. Practice.

Regarding the patchwork, let's see, same terrible location. This restructure won't even require relocation for a year, like the Bears about a decade ago. That in itself should hint it's less substantial than they want to pretend, or the pictures suggest. Makes we wonder about bang for the buck.

Closer seating but it can still accommodate soccer. Hmmm. That little tidbit doesn't exactly scream fans on top of the field.

The design was outdated junk in 1987 and the foundational realities won't change. We're paying hundreds of millions for more rows of lower seats, changing the color of seats, a few relocated big screens in the upper deck, and more wings. That's what the canopy is, another wing. We already have patchwork wings extending from the structure, courtesy of Huizenga.

I'm simply not impressed or fooled, not when the alternative is considered. Steve Jobs didn't settle for slightly altered shades of beige. The Dolphins have no vision whatsoever. As much as I despise the current location, Ross owns the land and another structure could be built from scratch, a pure football venue. Magnificent, with actual home field impact. Perhaps twice the cost , if not somewhat more, but well worth it. I'm not saying these hundreds of millions wouldn't be an advancement. You'd really have to be a lug. But remember that phrase, "Everything works out for the best in life?" Now that's all time sap. It appears that way only because life doesn't allow a peek at the other path. Consequently you can rationalize anything, that Martha with the buck teeth was the best life you ever could have had. Meanwhile, in the draft we're annoyingly allowed to view the other options. That Michael Egnew, he's not so swift, is he? Stephen Ross may be a billionaire but he's football beige, unable to see the genius path.

On top of everything, you have to be confident the organization will blow it, that the result will lag the blueprint. That's the track record of this regime.

I'm going to get the names and contact specifics of all the commissioners involved, to express my points of view. I predict it will be more than two paragraphs. That's always an issue with me.
    This post is simply amazing to me. Ross has been spending millions over the past several years on the stadium, money out of his pocket. They have also been asking to re-do JRS for about 10-years now... Shoot JRS himself was talking about upgrading the stadium in the mid-90's.

Its pretty clear to me Ross could turn water into wine and you'd have issues with it...

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Why change the seat color? Its only a problem because attendance is horrible and it stands out on tv. Shouldn't we hop attendance improves rather than changing the color of the seats to mask low attendance?
    It's because during the day even when the stadium is sold out, it looks empty.
    Quote Quote  

4. -164

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deathstar View Post
    the romney supporter who is against welfare and spending for the little guy wants corporate welfare...

**** off. I started my business with my own capital and reinvest my profits back into the business as needed. He should do the same.

The dolphins make an estimated $60-$70 million a year...he is also worth an estimated $3-$4 billion...he should use his own capital.

The patsies owner did this. Built the stadium entirely with his own money.
    rofl!
    Quote Quote  

5. -165

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    can u blame a majority of people that are tired of paying more taxes. My favorite line is when the politicians say its only a 1/2 cent hike lol I guess they dont realize 2 halfs make a whole. Its not like they wont say in 5 more years lets raise it another 1/2 cent because we need more improvements
    Didnt they say in their proposal there werent going to be any new taxes for Dade county?

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Worst thing is Ross out of his own mouth doesnt want a vote, because there is so little time for the bid
    Do you live in South Florida, why do you even care?
    Quote Quote  

6. -166

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    i think you're being naive if you don't think we have at least a wink-wink promise on the superbowl l "bid" once the upgrades happen.
    bingo!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

7. -167

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JRM72180 View Post
    Why not take that money and put it toward a new stadium?
    Theres nothing wrong with JRS and its bones. Why spend $ on something that is as good or better than something you would build new, as far as its bones go. The more time passes the stronger the bones of the stadium gets.
    Quote Quote  

8. -168

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toneboy View Post
    Exactly. Didn't Joe Robbie initially build it without any taxpayer burden at all?
    Yup and its one of the main reasons he had to sell the Dolphins. Obviously he would have liked some help from the citizens of Miami so he could in fact keep the team he brought to the city. No good deed goes un-paid...
    Quote Quote  

9. -169
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    Yup and its one of the main reasons he had to sell the Dolphins. Obviously he would have liked some help from the citizens of Miami so he could in fact keep the team he brought to the city. No good deed goes un-paid...
    Joe Robbie's heirs had to sell the team due to estate tax reasons. It's the same reason Huizenga sold to Ross.
    Quote Quote  

10. -170
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ross now tapping into his corrupt republican politicians... He couldn't get Rom bot in to office. Now he will buy the lower level republican politicians. How am I not surprised. Marlins ring a bell?
    Quote Quote