Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross to pay for "substantially all" of the modernization of Sun Life?

1. -91
    The man, the myth, the legend

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Has he ever said anything about putting ProTurf or FieldTurf in now that the Marlins are gone, as opposed to natural grass?
    400x300
    Quote Quote  

2. -92
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by madmic21 View Post
    Probably just adding rows based on the video. I can't imagine how they can really get them closer without gutting the place. But for 400 million... You think that would be a feasable option.
    The seats will be moved 18 feet closer to the sidelines on each side.
    Quote Quote  

3. -93
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinoEqualsGod View Post
    Has he ever said anything about putting ProTurf or FieldTurf in now that the Marlins are gone, as opposed to natural grass?
    Why? Natural grass is the best playing surface, IMO, and we always have one of the best fields in the league. You look at the crap surfaces being played on in places like Oakland and Washington and boy do we have it good.

This sig in memory of 'Crazylegs' Elroy Hirsch. Go. Packers.
    Quote Quote  

4. -94

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    Why? Natural grass is the best playing surface, IMO, and we always have one of the best fields in the league. You look at the crap surfaces being played on in places like Oakland and Washington and boy do we have it good.
    Doesn't Oakland and Washington have natural grass? I know Washington does. FieldTurf is one of the best surfaces a team can have. I've just always thought that with UM sometimes playing the day before the Dolphins on the same field, there is a good chance that the field gets torn up more than with other teams that are the only ones to play on the field (especially if it rains). FieldTurf is the way to go IMO. Our field normally looks good, but it could be even better.

More than that though, I'd rather UM not play there at all so that we can have our logo on the field at all times and have out end zones painted again. Enough with the block M I A M I. If anyone remembers our home playoff game against the Colts in 2000, they know what I'm talking about.
    Quote Quote  

5. -95
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Some people will complain about everything. We have an owner that is spending 400 million of his own money to upgrade a stadium and give the fans what they have been craving for for years. Seats closer to the stadium, and a canopy to block out the sun on those hot day games. Some people will just complain about anything. I live in NJ and let me tell you the New Giant stadium sucks. New isn't always better.
    Quote Quote  

6. -96
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Natural grass is a lot safer and provides less wear and tear on players than any surface out there. As long as your grass in in good shape, which it seems to be 99% in Miami, that is the way you want to go.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoy13 View Post
    The seats will be moved 18 feet closer to the sidelines on each side.

Link? Does this mean that seats in the 30th row will be 18 feet closer, or are they just putting 10 or so more rows with row 1 being 18 feet closer? In the video it seems that they are just rolling out a few new seats...

MY FAM
    Quote Quote  

7. -97

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by madmic21 View Post
    Natural grass is a lot safer and provides less wear and tear on players than any surface out there. As long as your grass in in good shape, which it seems to be 99% in Miami, that is the way you want to go.
    That's debateable. The college I work at went to FieldTurf about six years ago for their football field after having natural grass for years. It's proven to be a much safer field now in regards to ankle and knee/leg injuries. Did you see what happened on Washington's field in that playoff game with natural grass? Astroturf is not safer than grass, but the new stuff they have is.
    Quote Quote  

8. -98
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Realistically, the owner is not putting his own money in to be a "nice guy." It's a business decision. He already bought land/stadium. He is putting money in to ensure that the property doesn't depreciate to the point that it gets worthless. The Pontiac Silverdome was recently sold for an absurdly microscopic amount.

So, he sinks money in to maintain value as a business decision. I am not saying he is a bad person for doing that. Let's not all blow a bunch of hot air about what a benevolent swell guy he is. He is operating as a reasonable actor; nothing more, nothing less.
    Quote Quote  

9. -99
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Romney supporter who is against welfare and spending for the little guy wants corporate welfare...

**** off. I started my business with my own capital and reinvest my profits back into the business as needed. He should do the same.

The Dolphins make an estimated $60-$70 million a year...He is also worth an estimated $3-$4 billion...He should use his own capital.

The Patsies owner did this. Built the stadium entirely with his own money.
    Quote Quote  

10. -100
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know why everyone acts like Sun Life is a dump. I've been to the old and the brand new Meadowlands and I don't think it's heads and tails better than Sun Life, just newer, thus a bit more modern. Upgrades could easily bring the stadium up to code. The field as slightly farther, but not like its miles further than some other stadiums. Maybe I'm missing something
    Quote Quote