Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 171

Thread: Ross to pay for "substantially all" of the modernization of Sun Life?

  1. -121
    flynryan15's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    12,564
    vCash:
    164
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphone View Post
    How much is a ticket nowadays? I pay about $5 USD to go to the circus and sit on a wooden bench, for the cost I don't complain.
    Circus is a good way to describe a Stephen Ross and Mike Dee press conference doesn't shock me they charge admission!
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

    Quote Quote  

  2. -122
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    41
    vCash:
    1064
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphone View Post
    How much is a ticket nowadays? I pay about $5 USD to go to the circus and sit on a wooden bench, for the cost I don't complain.
    To further this point, I've been to the stadium in Jacksonville twice. Both times it was for the Florida/Georgia games. My experience was tremendous. The stadium did it's job. It provided a clean, structurally sound place to watch a game with lots of lower bowl seats and good views. That is really all a football stadium need to do. The stadium was full and the game and people made it fun. To criticize Jacksonville's stadium is not right. It is a good facility.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -123
    Dmarino110's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    1,859
    vCash:
    4162
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectFinz72 View Post
    This. I've been to a bunch of games coming from PA. Is the stadium the best in the NFL? No.

    But I enjoyed my experience there the couple times I've been. If the team is winning, the stadium is full (if not mostly full) and its plenty loud. I think the result of the losing is being played out because the fans aren't packing the place. I dont know what exactly needs to be better for a fan to enjoy a game there. I've been to a couple other stadiums and I can't honestly say its SO much better than Sun Life...and these are newer facilities.
    getting to the stadium is not hard...

    also I had season tickets for a while and went to a bunch of games even when I didnt...the stadium fills up when we are winning but that doesnt necessarily mean the people in the stands are our fans...i have been to games where the pats, steelers, giants or jets fans were about 1/4 - 1/3 of the people in the stands...

    also I hate our fans in the stands...Most of them dont want to stand up, even on 3rd down...if you are too old or to dignified to the point that you cant get up and yell on 3rd then how is putting a few hundred more people closer to the field going to give us better home field advantage...



    Quote Quote  

  4. -124
    WestSideFin's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2010
    Posts:
    1,011
    vCash:
    1911
    Loc:
    Northern California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So they did a big press confrence is it all set in stone and ready to go? Or are the new plans to remodel the stadium still iffy? I mean they mentioned something about bidding with the santa clara 49ers project so there could still be a snag? There acting like this is all goin down wich would be cool but i need some clarity.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -125
    Nublar7's Avatar
    FinHeaven Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    35,166
    vCash:
    129518
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by KDansby58 View Post
    So they did a big press confrence is it all set in stone and ready to go? Or are the new plans to remodel the stadium still iffy? I mean they mentioned something about bidding with the santa clara 49ers project so there could still be a snag? There acting like this is all goin down wich would be cool but i need some clarity.
    If they get government approval for the proposal(which should be by May) then the project will go forward. The renovations would be done for the start of the 2015 regular season.

    They are bidding against Santa Clara for Super Bowl L and that game will be awarded in late May. If they don't get approval for the renovations, Super Bowl L will NOT be in Miami.

    Quote Quote  

  6. -126
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    2,959
    vCash:
    1389
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmarino110 View Post
    getting to the stadium is not hard...

    also I had season tickets for a while and went to a bunch of games even when I didnt...the stadium fills up when we are winning but that doesnt necessarily mean the people in the stands are our fans...i have been to games where the pats, steelers, giants or jets fans were about 1/4 - 1/3 of the people in the stands...

    also I hate our fans in the stands...Most of them dont want to stand up, even on 3rd down...if you are too old or to dignified to the point that you cant get up and yell on 3rd then how is putting a few hundred more people closer to the field going to give us better home field advantage...
    and here is the fundamental problem on this topic, it is my opinion that because of how far our fans are from the players, they are not inclined to invest emotionally and are not engaged into the game, our sight lines and distance creates a spectator viewership, not an engaged one..if you research the buildings of Seattle and the ravens you will discover that their stands are logistically closer than all the others, and ours is exponentially farther from all the others...not a good combination, and a comp,ete disadvantage for our team and its culture, plenty of data to support the theory of the 12 th man advantage..simple common sense, simple logistics.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -127
    WestSideFin's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2010
    Posts:
    1,011
    vCash:
    1911
    Loc:
    Northern California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    If they get government approval for the proposal(which should be by May) then the project will go forward. The renovations would be done for the start of the 2015 regular season.

    They are bidding against Santa Clara for Super Bowl L and that game will be awarded in late May. If they don't get approval for the renovations, Super Bowl L will NOT be in Miami.
    Wow thats crazy hope it works out the stadium would be rockin again. Sounds like a few things in the way still but a good step forward. Plus it would cement phins football in miami for a long time. At least ross cares and is trying.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -128
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,842
    vCash:
    33870
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Not sure how the NFL continually ducks having to do what most business's do and take care of their own buildings. Somehow one day someone got a tremendous idea that he we can make even more money if we put the burden on the taxpayers , I mean who cares if we charge 80 dollars a ticket and 25 for parking the fans and taxpayers need to ensure that we are all protected from any chance that we will ever lose any money.
    Welfare for millionaires and billionaires while we ignore key services such as teachers and police
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -129
    Nublar7's Avatar
    FinHeaven Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    35,166
    vCash:
    129518
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by KDansby58 View Post
    Wow thats crazy hope it works out the stadium would be rockin again. Sounds like a few things in the way still but a good step forward. Plus it would cement phins football in miami for a long time. At least ross cares and is trying.
    Yep, that is the big part of it. The Dolphins currently have no lease with Miami, but if they get the renovations they will sign a lease through 2034.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -130
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2009
    Posts:
    424
    vCash:
    1440
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    The Romney supporter who is against welfare and spending for the little guy wants corporate welfare...

    **** off. I started my business with my own capital and reinvest my profits back into the business as needed. He should do the same.

    The Dolphins make an estimated $60-$70 million a year...He is also worth an estimated $3-$4 billion...He should use his own capital.

    The Patsies owner did this. Built the stadium entirely with his own money.
    I didn't realize Romney bailed out GM
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. "My life is in your hand's": American hostage's desparte plea to Obama
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-11-2012, 04:15 PM
  2. Dade County: A real-life "Super Troopers"
    By CedarPhin in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-14-2011, 05:54 PM
  3. Stephen "spin doctor" Ross and Jeff "henchman" Ireland
    By DefensiveEnd76 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-08-2011, 10:23 PM
  4. Jake Grove this year's Ernest "I suck at life" Wilford?
    By TonySporanoTuna in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 01:31 AM
  5. Photo in the News: Saturn "Sponge Moon" Has Ingredients for Life?
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Science & Technology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 01:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •