Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Ross to pay for "substantially all" of the modernization of Sun Life?

1. -151
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Substantially all is substantially vague. This is throwing good money after bad, Steve. There's only so much polish you can buy to shine that turd of a stadium. As a taxpayer, I wouldn't want to put any more money towards what is a pretty lousy gameday experience and that goes beyond just the stadium quality and into how the gameday experience is being orchestrated.

Also enough with the fear mongering designed to threaten taxpayers into giving billionaires money for their stadiums or they'll lose their team. The team's not going anywhere. South Florida is the largest, most influential market in a state that already has 2 other teams. It's a gateway to latin markets that the NFL covets and it has a history as a city and team that can be placed aside any other team in the league. Stop trying to scare people and belittle an already battered fanbase.
    Quote Quote  

2. -152
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ross to pay for "substantially all" of the modernization of Sun Life?

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Heilbrunn View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how 51% is "substantially all".
    You beat me to it. Glad to see that BS meters are in good supply here.
    Quote Quote  

3. -153
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's a complete oxymoron.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

4. -154
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KDansby58 View Post
    Your talkin a big difference in money plus sun life is only 25 years young just a baby. So we dont need a whole new stadium.
    Tell that to Atlanta whose stadium was built in 1992, and they're about to get a new one.
    Quote Quote  

5. -155
    British Fins Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Law, Scotland.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Exactly. Didn't Joe Robbie initially build it without any taxpayer burden at all?
    Quote Quote  

6. -156
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It will never be 51%. By the time you add the typical construction cost overruns and the cost of under the table money to the politicians and union executives the price of the project will be double the current estimate. The paperwork will be setup so this extra has to come out of the tax payers pockets. Ross will end up paying about 25% of the actual final cost of the project.
    Quote Quote  

7. -157
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Did anyone see the video of the press conference on the team website? Ross' public speaking skills are still an embarrassment.
    Quote Quote  

8. -158
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    The Fins will never move. Stop it.
    If the Browns, Raiders, Colts and Oilers moved, any team can move. It's the same old story over and over. They won't upgrade the stadium, in time the Dolphins will move. Years after that the city will build a new stadium, because they can't do without the money a NFL franchise generates and Miami will have a new team, a totally different team with the same name.

IMO if the people of Miami won't pay for half of the bill they don't deserve the franchise. What took place with the Marlins has nothing to do with he Dolphins. I'm sure a lot of people won't see that, but oh well. I just hope when the Dolphins move, they move to Orlando.
    Quote Quote  

9. -159
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Dee said this morning on 790 the ticket that the Dolphins will not move as long as Ross owns the team.
    Quote Quote  

10. -160
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolph N.Fan View Post
    Sun life will never be a top notch stadium. Being designed as a multi purpose stadium was a mistake since football is the only tenants in the stadium with no more baseball and soccer there. Sun life will never compete with all these state of the art stadiums on with these upgrades.
    Theres nothing wrong with JRS. Its made out of cement/concrete. The stadium and others built like it will be for centuries to come. Its not complicated to make JRS state of the art. Gut it, and run new guts in it. Its bones are as good or better than any NFL stadium out there. 400 million for a state of the art stadium in 2013 is a freaking bargain.

After saying all that I'm pretty confident the people of Miami will not OK this, and we will start to lose Super Bowl bids, and in time the Dolphins will end up moving. Miami could have saved the orange bowl, and they could have also built a baseball stadium years ago, but decided it was too much of an expense at the time. The only thing that putting things off for later gets you is a MUCH larger bill in the future.

What cracks me up is we have a GREAT owner who is willing to spend his hard earned wealth to help a city to retain the franchise he and the people love. But because of an idiot baseball owner he and his NFL franchise are going to have to suffer the consequences. Never mind he's paying more than half of the bill. That's a far better deal than most cities ever get.
    Quote Quote