Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross to pay for "substantially all" of the modernization of Sun Life?

1. -51
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post

really? is it the fans that need it or the team? does the stadium effect our teams performance? seriously this is football, it doesnt have to be pretty and shiny, just win and the stadium will be packed like in the marino days.
    Armando, the guy that "tells you all you need to know", speculates that without these renovations the team could be relocated to another city when Ross eventually sales the team because of age. It is critical because the future of the team in Miami is cloudy without the renovations. I would rather have the renovations and ensure the team is in Miami for the next 25+ years at the least. We are all worried about the team related moves this offseason that will "make or break this team for the next decade". I just pray and hope the team is here past this decade.

Quote Quote  

2. -52
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    I think one of the biggest things hurting Miami is the location when it comes to getting another Superbowl. You look at the NFL experience and how it has become a week long event leading up to the Superbowl. Well Sunlife is just to far away from the majority of the hotels that fans stay at and it becomes a major hassle to get fans there throughout the week.
    Eh it's like 10 miles maximum from the ocean. I don't think it's that far at all.

Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Artist renders are up on Armando's twitter.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Ralph Wilson Stadium is a dump.

Sun Life will never be as high tech as the new Cowboys Stadium, but not many NFL stadiums are. We aren't talking about a stadium that is a hundred years old or anything, it is 25 years old. Arrowhead is 40 years old, Lambeau Field is 55 years old, Soldier Field is 88 years old. Renovations to stadiums is nothing that hasn't happened before. Very rarely is a 25 year old stadium deemed old enough to be completely replaced.

The problem though is Miami isn't competing with arrowhead soldier field and lambeau for Super Bowl bids. Miami is competing with the state of the art retractable roof stadiums popping up all over the league.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ross to pay for "substantially all" of the modernization of Sun Life?

Quote Originally Posted by maso3348 View Post
    I believe it is 12
    Word, thanks.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Armando, the guy that "tells you all you need to know", speculates that without these renovations the team could be relocated to another city when Ross eventually sales the team because of age. It is critical because the future of the team in Miami is cloudy without the renovations. I would rather have the renovations and ensure the team is in Miami for the next 25+ years at the least. We are all worried about the team related moves this offseason that will "make or break this team for the next decade". I just pray and hope the team is here past this decade.
    Theres always speculation about a team moving when things arent going well, the dolphins aint going anywhere and actually we should be happy if ross does sell the team to an owner willing to pay for the revonations instead of trying to milk money from poor people.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

As UM field:

Quote Quote  

8. -58
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceGalactic Empire medal
    Sharp and clean, I like it. Better than that awful proposal a few years back. Hope those seats are teal.
    Last edited by Daytona Fin; 01-14-2013 at 01:02 PM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It gets rid of the big scoreboard, but I like the way it looks with the canopy and the seats moved in closer. The stadium is only 25 years old, and there is no way in hell anyone has a new stadium on their mind after the Marlins situation.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philly
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    I prersonally never though the stadium was as bad as everyone makes it out to be - at least compared to other NFL cities, our stadium isnt that bad. My issue has always been the stadium location, the traffic, and the attendance.
    This. I've been to a bunch of games coming from PA. Is the stadium the best in the NFL? No.

But I enjoyed my experience there the couple times I've been. If the team is winning, the stadium is full (if not mostly full) and its plenty loud. I think the result of the losing is being played out because the fans aren't packing the place. I dont know what exactly needs to be better for a fan to enjoy a game there. I've been to a couple other stadiums and I can't honestly say its SO much better than Sun Life...and these are newer facilities.
    Quote Quote