Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross to pay for "substantially all" of the modernization of Sun Life?

1. -81
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You have to be a lug to fall for this. Who announces a plan of this magnitude on such a short timetable? Please ram it through within weeks, no questions asked. Kindly pay for half of our patchwork and then take over the day to day expenses. We'll be around the corner, trying not to laugh.

And notice Mike Dee played the fear card. Prominently. He's the resident hatchet man, no shame whatsoever. Obviously shoveled it to Armando beforehand.

The fear card virtually disqualifies any attached opinion. That's the way I look at it. We've had some posters here comment recently on the caliber of contribution from others. I have no idea what anyone looks like on this site, with perhaps one of two exceptions. But in this case any name I associate with the fear card will be envisioned trembling in a corner, about as pathetic as a human could appear, waiting for the next printout of runaway fear.

Seriously, you're allowed to leave out 5%. The PR posters, I'm talking about. Even the most relentlessly negative around here put in a good word now and then. The PR types refuse to let go of anything. That's why it's a howl when they appear in a thread, with the guaranteed response, almost automated. I remember when the halftime 60 yard field goal stunt was briefly apologized for, under the assertion that the Dolphins didn't know the makeup of the contestants. This is probably the most inane example since that point, screaming fear. Leave out the bottom 5% and you'll retake credibility. It's not hard. Practice.

Regarding the patchwork, let's see, same terrible location. This restructure won't even require relocation for a year, like the Bears about a decade ago. That in itself should hint it's less substantial than they want to pretend, or the pictures suggest. Makes we wonder about bang for the buck.

Closer seating but it can still accommodate soccer. Hmmm. That little tidbit doesn't exactly scream fans on top of the field.

The design was outdated junk in 1987 and the foundational realities won't change. We're paying hundreds of millions for more rows of lower seats, changing the color of seats, a few relocated big screens in the upper deck, and more wings. That's what the canopy is, another wing. We already have patchwork wings extending from the structure, courtesy of Huizenga.

I'm simply not impressed or fooled, not when the alternative is considered. Steve Jobs didn't settle for slightly altered shades of beige. The Dolphins have no vision whatsoever. As much as I despise the current location, Ross owns the land and another structure could be built from scratch, a pure football venue. Magnificent, with actual home field impact. Perhaps twice the cost , if not somewhat more, but well worth it. I'm not saying these hundreds of millions wouldn't be an advancement. You'd really have to be a lug. But remember that phrase, "Everything works out for the best in life?" Now that's all time sap. It appears that way only because life doesn't allow a peek at the other path. Consequently you can rationalize anything, that Martha with the buck teeth was the best life you ever could have had. Meanwhile, in the draft we're annoyingly allowed to view the other options. That Michael Egnew, he's not so swift, is he? Stephen Ross may be a billionaire but he's football beige, unable to see the genius path.

On top of everything, you have to be confident the organization will blow it, that the result will lag the blueprint. That's the track record of this regime.

I'm going to get the names and contact specifics of all the commissioners involved, to express my points of view. I predict it will be more than two paragraphs. That's always an issue with me.
    Quote Quote  

2. -82
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ross to pay for "substantially all" of the modernization of Sun Life?

I'm not a fan of Sun Life at all, but that looks pretty freakin' good. I like the aqua seats, looks much better. And the distance between the seats and the field is obvious. Between that and the open roof/canopy/ whatever you wanna call it, it should make it much louder. I like it.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

3. -83
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fairfield, CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Was hoping someone would be asleep at the wheel and we'd get a peek at the new logo in the mockup, but no such luck...and no Andrew Luck either.
    Attached Images
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why change the seat color? Its only a problem because attendance is horrible and it stands out on tv. Shouldn't we hop attendance improves rather than changing the color of the seats to mask low attendance?
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And in 2015 when they fix it the fins will be contenders..they can't compete with the pats folks..in 3 years brady will be older..you can't compete with a hall of fame coach and qb..we will not be winning a division until they get old..so be patient guys..steven ross knows this..
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fairfield, CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Does the plan actually move the existing seats closer to the field, or just add extra rows up front?
    Quote Quote  

7. -87
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    Regarding the patchwork, let's see, same terrible location. This restructure won't even require relocation for a year, like the Bears about a decade ago. That in itself should hint it's less substantial than they want to pretend, or the pictures suggest. Makes we wonder about bang for the buck.
    If they were to temporarily relocate the dolphins for construction , where would they play?
    Closer seating but it can still accommodate soccer. Hmmm. That little tidbit doesn't exactly scream fans on top of the field.
    Retractable seats?
    The design was outdated junk in 1987 and the foundational realities won't change. We're paying hundreds of millions for more rows of lower seats, changing the color of seats, a few relocated big screens in the upper deck, and more wings. That's what the canopy is, another wing. We already have patchwork wings extending from the structure, courtesy of Huizenga.
    Also said seats were getting moved 18 ft closer to the field and the canopy is for shade. Two things that dolfans complain about all the time.
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dirwuf View Post
    Does the plan actually move the existing seats closer to the field, or just add extra rows up front?
    extra 3700 seets i believe it saidup front.
    Quote Quote  

9. -89
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calabasas, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ross to pay for "substantially all" of the modernization of Sun Life?

Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    First off Lucas Oil Stadium is smack in the middle of downtown Indianapolis while Sunlife is on the border of a swamp. I guarantee the land in downtown Indy is far more per acre then the Everglades.
    who's said anything about the Glades? I'm talking $$$ of real estate. downtown Indy ain't pricing at downtown Miami, commercial or residential. and please read what's said before you bash… mi casa in Cali would a 1/3 or less in Indy… still wouldn't wanna live there!
    Quote Quote  

10. -90
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dirwuf View Post

Probably just adding rows based on the video. I can't imagine how they can really get them closer without gutting the place. But for 400 million... You think that would be a feasable option.

MY FAM
    Quote Quote