Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will A New Look Dolphins (Logo/Uniform) Truly Galvanize Our Squad?

1. -1
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

SOAPBOX Will A New Look Dolphins (Logo/Uniform) Truly Galvanize Our Squad?

Can a cosmetic overhaul truly make a deference (any difference) in how well we play in 2013? I mean come on...let's get real.

I say that such decorative changes can only make a positive dent from a psychological perspective - for the fan base mostly; and even then it'll be to only to minimal degree. Such alterations can only, from where I sit, produce almost no real change to our team's on-field performance, nothing, nada.

Aesthetics alterations will not aid the professional athlete to up his play. High level players do not need such trivial things as design to motivate their game. It's all about merchandising and nothing else. So why all the hoopla?

Agree/disagree?
    -

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They're not changing the logo to make the team player. They're getting rid of the stink of the last 10+ years. Stephen Ross is putting his stamp on the team and in doing so he's getting rid of our old, outdated logo. I'd rather have the throwback logo than any other but our current logo looks like a pissed off looney toons character.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think it can only have a positive impact, as long as they look fresh. There is a psychological benefit to feeling like you look good. For example, you will feel more confident wearing a suit rather than walking around in your dirty gym clothes.

I actually think players on the Seahawks got geeked up this year because of their new uniforms. It got them excited to play because they new they looked good and everyone was interested in seeing their new digs.

I hope the Dolphins go with a clean, retro (yet modern) look. Excited to see what Nike does with their uniforms.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Please loose the Steve Grogan neck pad!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    I like the current logo but I don't hate the idea of an update, as long as it doesn't totally suck. I don't think it will since Marino and Griese have reportedly seen it and said they love it. Also Nike has a hand in it so I don't think we will be dissapointed.

It will provide the team a fresh look and buzz, so I don't think it can have a negative impact. Or course you will always have the people that say "why do they worry so much about logos and stadium renovations when they should be worrying about the team itself". I always find that funny since those people fail to realize that the people making the logo change is a completely different department than the football side. Might sound crazy, but they can improve both the team on the field and the image/merchandise. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    I think it can only have a positive impact, as long as they look fresh. There is a psychological benefit to feeling like you look good. For example, you will feel more confident wearing a suit rather than walking around in your dirty gym clothes.

I actually think players on the Seahawks got geeked up this year because of their new uniforms. It got them excited to play because they new they looked good and everyone was interested in seeing their new digs.

I hope the Dolphins go with a clean, retro (yet modern) look. Excited to see what Nike does with their uniforms.
    I think this exactly. Plus, we just need a good offseason and our team's talent level will hopefully be boosted a lot, we could be headed the Seahawks direction.. It'd be nice.

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I stopped buying Dolphin merch years ago... this will get me to buy some new stuff, Jerseys etc.... Im sure thats the only reason for the change.... I welcome it and hope it brings new life with it too....
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Eh, if you're gonna change it - Go back to the original.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    BILLINGS, MONTANA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I too am extremely excited for all the changes that will be taking place in the next few years. New logo and new uni's for 2013, a ****load of money to play with, FA WR's and some talent and we might make the playoffs next year. Then in 2015 a new renovated stadium and deep run in the playoffs hopefully AFC Championship Game. I love the direction this team and organization is going. For our logo we need something like the Bills did. Go retro with a new design of the Dolphin and keep all the elements like my helmet I created.
    Just like this:

and Uniforms like these: and I will be happy. Because of tradition and history we keep all the elements. The whale proposed is swimming underwater how the **** is there a sun ring behind if it is swimming? That's what I tweeted Dee saying. There are so many that are better out there including mine JMO.

I think NIKE will have something pretty bitchin' for us in April but, **** I want to know now! I hate waiting for BS!

The Joe is going to look spectacular per Ross and those photos good call by him GO DOLPHINS!!!!!

GO DOLPHINS!!

2012 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS LOS ANGELES KINGS!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albion NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think when the Bucs went to the pewter it had a positive effect. Mind you they had a good team but it seemed to help somehow.
    Quote Quote