Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible move that we can make

1. -11
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Scotch Plains NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    Im sorry but I have to. Just too painful.

Their - ownership
    They're - group of people acting
    There - location
    Apparently some still don't understand
    LETS GO FINS!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't understand this argument that Ryan Tannehill has "great chemistry" with Brian Hartline. I see it often. I don't get it. The chemistry was so great it produced 1 touchdown? Really? That's "great" chemistry?
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like your thoughts. As much as I'd like to see the team get a game-breaking receiver like Mike Wallace, I agree we are better off finding wr talent in the draft. The draft is loaded at wide receiver so we should address other needs in free agency. Also agree with you on signing a corner (I like Cox) in free agency. I want to keep Jake Long, but not at the franchise tag amount. That will seriously limit what the team can do in free agency. His contract should be in the 6-7 million a year range and, hopefully, short-term (no more than 3 years).
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I apologize for my incorrect grammar. But yeah we probably can get more out of the trade, but I was using the trade value chart as a reference from TOS. Also, I don't mind staying put at 12 and getting DE dion Jordan and finding out WR's later like Stedman bailey, Ryan swope, quinton Patton, markus Wheaton, Aaron Dobson, and etc. but the idea of stock piling picks for this year and next year is a trend I'd like to see this regime do more.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    I like your thoughts. As much as I'd like to see the team get a game-breaking receiver like Mike Wallace, I agree we are better off finding wr talent in the draft. The draft is loaded at wide receiver so we should address other needs in free agency. Also agree with you on signing a corner (I like Cox) in free agency. I want to keep Jake Long, but not at the franchise tag amount. That will seriously limit what the team can do in free agency. His contract should be in the 6-7 million a year range and, hopefully, short-term (no more than 3 years).
    Illogical thinking, i/m/o, SF.

Speed at the WR is i/m/o "job One". Otherwise, we may be facing Opponents who crowd the l/o/s unmercifully, and we'll watch MIAMI's running game get stuffed over and over, as well as a good arm at QB getting wasted. The bottom line? Under 20 p/p/g, w/N.E. still owning us and our Division.

WRs most often take a year or two to develop into topshelf WRs. WR is the one position where it's always a good idea to use F/A. This season, "cap" is no deterrent (as it seems to always have been) and under the new CBA, teams have to spend 90 or 95% of their cap $$$ anyway. MIAMI has A LOT of caproom this coming preseason, and by not resigning J LONG and cutting INCOGNITO and MARSHALL (and NOTHING else!), MIAMI will have c. $10 Million MORE in capspace, w/o the drain of J LONG's contract. So, e.g., when some people say "JENNINGS or WALLACE", I say "BOTH": and spare me the drivel about cost--ROSS has billions and wants a WINNER, and MIAMI has tons of caproom this tme. No sir: MIAMI could do all that, AND MORE. Whoever the best "COVER CB" is in F/A, we should get him. Ditto the best athletic G. MIAMI would STILL have enough to re-sign ALL of its own key F/As, and by cutting a few more "dead wood" players, MIAMI could have almost another $7-8 Million for sure! That's something like $63-65 Million in total capspace, assuming the $46 Million present figure is correct. So, MIAMI could possibly even make a run at AVRIL.

All of this, w/o even talking about MIAMI's Draft position. I may be wrong, but I have a lot more faith in IRELAND than most. After all, MIAMI NEVER was in a position like this in terms of both Capspace and Draft picks, together w/a stronger roster than many would give MIAMI credit for having...at least not during IRELAND's stay here in S. Florida. And in the past, PARCELLS was here! How do you say "no" to a legend (even though his brand of football is i/m/o obsolete), especially when that legend was the one who gave you your big break, and personally mentored you? I suspect that it can't be easy! But I liked last year's Draft (no PARCELLS), and I think that I'm going to like this year's Draft and F/A even more.

Let's hope!
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I don't understand this argument that Ryan Tannehill has "great chemistry" with Brian Hartline. I see it often. I don't get it. The chemistry was so great it produced 1 touchdown? Really? That's "great" chemistry?
    Touch downs are overrated IMO! It is about Tannehill constantly puts Hartline in a position to trip over his own feet and I think we can all agree that is something special you just don't see on a lot of teams.
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

zz

Quote Originally Posted by felipen123 View Post
    Tannehill has great chemistry With hartline, thrown in his best friend swope and flatout playmaker deandre Hopkins to stretch the field, our WR corp just became good !

jake long and tannehill have a rapport already and long has his back. Let long come back for a year And plug in Dallas Thomas at LG, and switch incognito to RG where he is truly more dominant, boom online instantly better. Finally a finesse guard!
    with time margus hunt can be our jj watt.. No not bc he's white and is DE, just watch both of they're tapes and you tell me what you think. Margus strength and tenacity with compliment very well with wake pass rushing and our run stuffing dlineman.
    Jake Long is no longer essential. Either he comes back for significantly less or we simply let him walk. He can be successfully replaced without spending $10M+ per season. In hindsight, Martin was an excellent 2nd round draft pick last year.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    This one is easy, it's not the touchdowns because they were hampered by the system not having the right components. I think what people leaning towards is the yardage and completions that the two had. When I think a Hartline this past year I see button hooks and come back routes. I think you could make the argument that those type of timing patterns do need some cooperation or anticipation of both players being on the same page. Just my thoughts
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    who are those guys?
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    But he is familiar with him, I would keep hartline no matter what.
    Quote Quote