Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: How Many High Priced FA's Were In The Playoffs?

  1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    12,156
    vCash:
    8460
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17

    How Many High Priced FA's Were In The Playoffs?

    Just curious but, I don't think there were any.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Ferretsquig's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2002
    Posts:
    7,440
    vCash:
    1639
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the Broncos were pretty content with their high priced free agent acquisition.

    Patriots with Lloyd....dunno if you call him high priced. Seahawks probably would have like to get more from Sidney Rice but he was still invaluable to them this season....same goes for Miller. Ravens wouldn't be where they are without Bolden....maybe not a free agent signing but pretty much the same concept.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    DzakkH13's Avatar
    Winning is a Habit

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    3,753
    vCash:
    19
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin1972 Dolphins LogoJurassic WorldCam Wake 91
    Just the Superbowl alone:

    Ravens -


    S Bernard Pollard signed with the Ravens in 2011 and got a 4 year extension this past year for 4 years and $12.3 million.
    C Matt Birk signed a 3 year $12 million deal back in 2009 as a free agent from the Vikings.
    T Bryant McKinnie signed a 2 year $7.5 million after being released by the Vikings.
    WR Jacoby Jones signed a 2 year $6.5 million after being released by Houston last year.

    49ers -

    DT Justin Smith signed a 6 year $45 million back in 2008 after not being resigned by the Bengals.
    LB Ahmad Brooks was claimed off waivers from the Bengals and singed a modest 2 year $4.2 million contract that turned into a 6 year $37 million deal after his great play.
    CB Carlos Rogers signed a 1 year $4.25 million deal that turned into a 4 year extension worth $29.3 million after his great play.
    S Donte Whitner signed a 3 year $11.75 million deal after playing for Buffalo for a number of years.



    Not a lot of big free agent deals, but there are a few. The biggest deal has to be Justin Smith.
    Most of the starters for this two teams came from the draft.


    - Hall of Fame Safety Rod Woodson on Dan Marino playing in today's NFL:
    "...the best quarterback I believe is Dan Marino..."
    "If he played with these rules, he'd throw for 100,000 yards."


    Twitter
    - https://twitter.com/ciscoholgate

    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Roman529's Avatar
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    34,215
    vCash:
    10727
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Just curious but, I don't think there were any.
    Isn't Wes Welker a free agent? I am listening to a sport's radio show and some people are speculating that Welker might leave the Patriots as they have kind of worked him over as far as offering him a big contract. Would you guys consider bringing Welker back to Miami, or should we just move on and focus on obtaining a #1 WR? I think we will go after Greg Jennings.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    33,548
    vCash:
    39555
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    Isn't Wes Welker a free agent? I am listening to a sport's radio show and some people are speculating that Welker might leave the Patriots as they have kind of worked him over as far as offering him a big contract. Would you guys consider bringing Welker back to Miami, or should we just move on and focus on obtaining a #1 WR? I think we will go after Greg Jennings.
    I would probably be among the few on this site to say for the right price of course. He moves the chains and is a matchup nightmare. Im pretty sure NE is going to resign him though
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    DzakkH13's Avatar
    Winning is a Habit

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    3,753
    vCash:
    19
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin1972 Dolphins LogoJurassic WorldCam Wake 91
    Welker most likely hits the market. Welker doesn't really fit what we need.

    Only way I see Welker rejoining Miami is if you release Bess and go after Wallace or Jennings and draft another young WR.

    That said, odds of Welker ending up in Miami are slim at best.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Roman529's Avatar
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    34,215
    vCash:
    10727
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DzakkH13 View Post
    Welker most likely hits the market. Welker doesn't really fit what we need.

    Only way I see Welker rejoining Miami is if you release Bess and go after Wallace or Jennings and draft another young WR.

    That said, odds of Welker ending up in Miami are slim at best.
    I liked Wes until he slammed the Dolphins after the went to New England. I am sure there is still some bad blood there....I just hope someone takes him from New England like they took him from us. Danny Amendola also is a free agent, so he could be a cheaper alternative if we are looking at a slot like receiver.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    33,548
    vCash:
    39555
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DzakkH13 View Post
    Welker most likely hits the market. Welker doesn't really fit what we need.

    Only way I see Welker rejoining Miami is if you release Bess and go after Wallace or Jennings and draft another young WR.

    That said, odds of Welker ending up in Miami are slim at best.
    I agree . he is an upgrade over Bess but Bess is a solid player at a fairly low contract so dont see them cutting him.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    12,156
    vCash:
    8460
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferretsquig View Post
    I think the Broncos were pretty content with their high priced free agent acquisition.

    Patriots with Lloyd....dunno if you call him high priced. Seahawks probably would have like to get more from Sidney Rice but he was still invaluable to them this season....same goes for Miller. Ravens wouldn't be where they are without Bolden....maybe not a free agent signing but pretty much the same concept.
    DAMN! How could I forget about Peyton? Must be a mental block, as dreaming of him here .

    The others you mention were good but, not the high priced guys I was thinking of, who did little or nothing to make their teams much better.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    12,156
    vCash:
    8460
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by DzakkH13 View Post
    Just the Superbowl alone:

    Ravens -


    S Bernard Pollard signed with the Ravens in 2011 and got a 4 year extension this past year for 4 years and $12.3 million.
    C Matt Birk signed a 3 year $12 million deal back in 2009 as a free agent from the Vikings.
    T Bryant McKinnie signed a 2 year $7.5 million after being released by the Vikings.
    WR Jacoby Jones signed a 2 year $6.5 million after being released by Houston last year.

    49ers -

    DT Justin Smith signed a 6 year $45 million back in 2008 after not being resigned by the Bengals.
    LB Ahmad Brooks was claimed off waivers from the Bengals and singed a modest 2 year $4.2 million contract that turned into a 6 year $37 million deal after his great play.
    CB Carlos Rogers signed a 1 year $4.25 million deal that turned into a 4 year extension worth $29.3 million after his great play.
    S Donte Whitner signed a 3 year $11.75 million deal after playing for Buffalo for a number of years.



    Not a lot of big free agent deals, but there are a few. The biggest deal has to be Justin Smith.
    Most of the starters for this two teams came from the draft.
    Guys getting $3-4M are not high priced, they are average. VG point on starters coming from the draft.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. If Fins draft a WR early or sign a high-priced FA, whos gone?
    By mandal24 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 06:08 PM
  2. Playoffs or high draft pick?
    By Dors156 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 11-28-2005, 11:05 PM
  3. Surtain is priced too high
    By saban_era in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-06-2005, 01:38 AM
  4. Why we SHOULDNT sign High Priced Free Agents
    By Surferosa in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-23-2003, 10:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •