Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Uniform?

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wish they would bring out old colors back, and go with the baby blue instead of the teal
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We need the Oregon treatment, various combos.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would personally like to see some more orange in the jersey. I think it will stand out more and be a better look than the teal numbers. White Jerseys with Orange lettering/numbers with black outlines. Maybe as with the Seahawks, put the teal look where the numbers are. Idk what that would look like, just a suggesstion
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Heavy Hitter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pittstown, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I saw a uniform design by nike. It was dark navy blue with some teal white and orange incorporated. They also changed the helmets to dark blue which i loved and changed the logo a bit. If they went that route i would love it.
    A New Era

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    NYC dolphin said it would be a retro jersey. That same pos who said the leaked logo was the final.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Eastbourne, England
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Get rid of those 3D numbers on the jerseys, I`ve always hated those!
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jacksonville,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drfletcherdc View Post
    I'm tired of the white on white - boring! Reminds me of our play on the field.
    I'll just simply state,that I disagree completely.Even as we are right now,our solid whites are STILL one of the sharpest unis in the League. I hate that they're messing with our logo. Everyone has their own mindset on this issue. I absolutely LOVE our logo,and our old throwbacks. And it has NOTHING to do with reliving our 70's 80's Glory Years. I would like to go back to our aqua(blue) instead of the aqua(green). I absolutely respect everyones views/opinions........this is just my own.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman54 View Post
    I'll just simply state,that I disagree completely.Even as we are right now,our solid whites are STILL one of the sharpest unis in the League. I hate that they're messing with our logo. Everyone has their own mindset on this issue. I absolutely LOVE our logo,and our old throwbacks. And it has NOTHING to do with reliving our 70's 80's Glory Years. I would like to go back to our aqua(blue) instead of the aqua(green). I absolutely respect everyones views/opinions........this is just my own.
    I agree, white on white is fantastic, easily our best look.

Initially I was against it. I'm old enough to remember when we wore aqua jerseys every time at home. Then after the Poly Turf proved to be so brutally hot there was a recommendation to wear white and force the opponent to wear dark. A local scientist talked about temperature inside white cars as opposed to black cars. It was a startling difference, and he used it to make his point. Regardless, fans initially didn't like it. That's the only uniform controversy from that era. Anybody who tries to claim our logo was hated or disliked or chided as too corny during that time frame is simply spewing out garbage. Never happened.

Once we settled into white on white everywhere, other than prime time home games, I grew to appreciate how classy it was. We were known for wearing white at home, along with Dallas. Everybody else wore dark.

As you indicated, I'm not trying to recapture anything, certainly not pretending it will lead to on-field success. I'm not even sure what posters mean by the throwback jersey. And none of our logo changes have bothered me since it's all within the recognizable theme. I would be disgusted at a senseless departure, a Broncos or Patriots or Buccaneers type switch.

The only uniform combo I despise is orange on orange. All the dark on dark color schemes look cheap and low class, IMO.

Otherwise, our light aqua pants are a terrible look, since they sweat quickly and obviously, like we never bothered to actually check out what they looked like during battle. I'm not sure there's a more drabby look in the league than our aqua pants. As long as we wear white pants I'm not troubled by anything above.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    MostHated

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks to my job I am going to be able to see the Jersey and Logo around 2 months before it will be realsed to the public. Already saw our very very slight color change
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Ray Finkle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfanNY08 View Post
    I would personally like to see some more orange in the jersey. I think it will stand out more and be a better look than the teal numbers. White Jerseys with Orange lettering/numbers with black outlines. Maybe as with the Seahawks, put the teal look where the numbers are. Idk what that would look like, just a suggesstion
    If ours looks anything like the Seahawks jersey then I will be pumped. IMO, the Seahawks have the most badass unis in the league. Jaguars all black unis are cool too...
    Quote Quote