Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Source: Dolphins expected to retain entire coaching staff for 2013

1. -41
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Whenever I see this I always wonder if coaches aren't being held to an unfairly low standard relative to players. I mean, is there any chance whatsoever that they would conduct a review of the roster and conclude that there are no upgrades to be had, and therefore no changes will be made?I can guarantee there are coaches on staff that aren't pulling their weight.
    Ken O'Keefe comes to mind.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Matthew Santos: Shadows in a Shoebox
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaV9yPc_EYw
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Fin View Post
    Didn't harris play some games with us a couple years ago?
    Yeah, he played a few games in 2010 for us.

Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Whenever I see this I always wonder if coaches aren't being held to an unfairly low standard relative to players. I mean, is there any chance whatsoever that they would conduct a review of the roster and conclude that there are no upgrades to be had, and therefore no changes will be made?

I can guarantee there are coaches on staff that aren't pulling their weight.
    Well I think we all know the NFL is the one sport where its kind of a "family." What I mean by that is they rarely, RARELY fire someone they know taht is on their staff and when one gets a promotion his friends or family move up with them.

Kind of like I get hired, I than hire my cousin, friends, old teammates etc, than I never fire them obvoiusly and later down teh road the other gets a promtion the same thing happens.

Kind of a big time mafia deal going on loll
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yay!! The guys that brought you 7-9 are ALL coming back. I think stability is overrated. Top teams like New England and Green Bay lose guys from their staff every year and they seem to do alright to me. I have a feeling Miami will bring back (I only want Hartline and Starks back) most if not all their scrub FAs that heavily contributed to the 7-9 season. But yeah stability right?
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    You realize I'm talking about 2013 right? With the cap space and draft picks at least some of those holes will be filled. To have the same QB coming back along with the same coaches and schemes, it's all setup for the team to take the next step.
    You mean the same guy who got us the last 0 for 20 FA in the last 2 years? Or the guy who got us busts in the draft?

I am glad you find comfort in 40$ mill and multiple picks being controlled by a man that went 0-11 last year alone in FA, went with NaNaee, Garard, Hicks, and Marshall as our key playres in playmaking positions excluding Hicks and again, goes for a pass rusher that lacked EVERYTHINg a pass rusher needs, Vernon.

The man simply has no vision in this area of life.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolph N.Fan View Post
    Yay!! The guys that brought you 7-9 are ALL coming back. I think stability is overrated. Top teams like New England and Green Bay lose guys from their staff every year and they seem to do alright to me. I have a feeling Miami will bring back (I only want Hartline and Starks back) most if not all their scrub FAs that heavily contributed to the 7-9 season. But yeah stability right?
    SARCASM ON - Let me see if I can summarize what I have read in this thread. First, the front office of our 7-9 team thinks that all of our coaches did a good enough job that none of them deserve to be replaced by another coach who could potentially do a better job. Second, the rest of the league doesn't see a single coach on our staff that they feel is worthy of poaching by promoting them into a coordinator, assistant head coach or head coach position. Third, because the team prizes continuity and stability above everything else, our failure to improve a coaching staff that lead us to a losing season is actually a good thing. I guess I don't get it. I thought the goal was to build the best coaching staff possible because great coaching maximizes your ability to win. - SARCASM OFF
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    This team needs to make the playoffs next year. No excuses. The good thing is that we should expect to be the consensus #2 team in the AFC East with the instability with the Jets and Bills.
    Retaining the same staff doesn't promise anything. First we have Ireland who will have to have a brilliant FA plan and success. Then he has to hit on several if not most of the drafts this year. We have a very difficult schedule this year and every team will have film on Tannehill in his second year. Mix in the luck of staying healthy. No promises here.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    take your time, don't live too fast

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SR 7 View Post
    Well I think we all know the NFL is the one sport where its kind of a "family." What I mean by that is they rarely, RARELY fire someone they know taht is on their staff and when one gets a promotion his friends or family move up with them.

Kind of like I get hired, I than hire my cousin, friends, old teammates etc, than I never fire them obvoiusly and later down teh road the other gets a promtion the same thing happens.

Kind of a big time mafia deal going on loll

You act like this is division III and stuff like that can fly. Yes, people like Norv Turner may get hired in a place like Cleveland because he previously worked with Chud. It's called building a rapport. Some people share philosophies. Some people work well together. Some people turn working relationships into friendships, and vice versa.

You have zero merit to prove any of what you just said because
    a) You don't know the kind of relationships coaches have between one another
    b) you don't know how qualified that person is
    c) Did I already mention that you just don't know?
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken." - Colonel Sanders
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ahh man, it was to be expected I guess. I don't want Sherman here anymore. And his son-in-law.
    Everything else is good to go.
    Let's get Tannehill some real help already, from a schematic point of view.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Ben Volin did the homework on when the last time a staff returned from the previous season in full. It was way back in the Shula days between 1989 and 1990. Impressive that Philbin is able to do this.
    Quote Quote