Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Source: Dolphins expected to retain entire coaching staff for 2013

1. -11
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Er.... no. Needs? Nope. Could sneak in with the right signings and some luck? Possibly.
    You better make the playoffs when you're asking for public money to fund a major stadium renovation. If they don't make the playoffs next year everyone will get wiped out.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SR 7 View Post
    Look at our roster than the schedule and rethink this thought.

Did you see the playmakers SF, GB, HOU, SEA, NE, BALT Had? Name 1 playmaker on our team that can compete with their "SECOND" best playmaker.

YOu wll never reach the playoffs with CLemons at FS, a position for a playmaker, with DT constantly being played when its jeapordizing your team, with SS and Marshall at CB, with 2 LB that are going to be older and slower, with 1 pass rusher, no off. line adn most importantly Bess and Hartline and Binns as your WRs.

But you will with Egnew aas your secret weapon !
    You realize I'm talking about 2013 right? With the cap space and draft picks at least some of those holes will be filled. To have the same QB coming back along with the same coaches and schemes, it's all setup for the team to take the next step.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Whenever I see this I always wonder if coaches aren't being held to an unfairly low standard relative to players. I mean, is there any chance whatsoever that they would conduct a review of the roster and conclude that there are no upgrades to be had, and therefore no changes will be made?

I can guarantee there are coaches on staff that aren't pulling their weight.
    Yes but those coaches have potential very high ceilings :-)
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    You better make the playoffs when you're asking for public money to fund a major stadium renovation. If they don't make the playoffs next year everyone will get wiped out.
    What? Is that a random drunk comment :s Miami is improving the stadium to get long term stability, improve fan experience, super bowls, college games etc but none of that matters if we don't get to the playoffs next year? ... er ok if you say so.
    Im selling a club level ticket to the Dolphins v Raiders in London - will sell it for below face value. PM me if your interested.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Whenever I see this I always wonder if coaches aren't being held to an unfairly low standard relative to players. I mean, is there any chance whatsoever that they would conduct a review of the roster and conclude that there are no upgrades to be had, and therefore no changes will be made?

Only coach that I would think falls in that category would the the DB coach, who IIRC was a college coach at Purdue in the same capacity. Our DBs certainly didn't play well but a lot of that has to do with the makeup of the players and their lack of ability. Still don't think they played very well.

The one coach I was worried about possibly leaving was Kacy Rodgers who I think has done a very good job with the D-line.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Er.... no. Needs? Nope. Could sneak in with the right signings and some luck? Possibly.
    Jeff Ireland needs to make the playoffs, which in turn means Joe Philbin needs to make the playoffs. I think this is a make it or break it type season for Ireland and that includes a trip to the playoffs. One exception could be is if the team goes something like 10-6 but miss out on a tie-breaker(it happens). If Ireland is fired, a new GM is likely going to want his own coach, which means Philbin is possibly out the door also. This is a big year for the team.

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Jeff Ireland needs to make the playoffs, which in turn means Joe Philbin needs to make the playoffs. I think this is a make it or break it type season for Ireland and that includes a trip to the playoffs. One exception could be is if the team goes something like 10-6 but miss out on a tie-breaker(it happens). If Ireland is fired, a new GM is likely going to want his own coach, which means Philbin is possibly out the door also. This is a big year for the team.
    I will honestly be shocked if we are in the playoffs next year, the teams in it this year are just too far ahead of us. I think we will make progress and get a winning record I don't think anything more is realistic for next year.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    https://twitter.com/BenVolinPBP/stat...22758128496640

As I mentioned in another thread a couple of weeks ago, this would be the first time in over a decade that an ENTIRE Dolphins coaching staff returns in full.
    what staff left in 2009
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks

Which coaches are not carrying their wieght in your opinion? Which ones to wish to be retained also?
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    what staff left in 2009
    There always seems to be some sort of change with the staff. Whether it is someone leaving and being replaced or adding someone new to the staff.

In 2009, Mike Maser the offensive line coach, was fired and replaced with Dave DeGuglielmo. Kicking coach Steve Hoffman left for the Chiefs and they hired Darren Rizzi to be the assistant special teams coach under John Bonamego.
    Quote Quote