Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: How to stop mass shootings

1. -1
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

How to stop mass shootings

So shines a good deed in a weary world......

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great one MO, love this guy, just subscribed to him and shared on Facebook.

Makes too much sense, we fight each other instead of the enemy, i'm no partisan, I think you know this, but the attempt by some on the anti gun side to somehow connect legal gun owners with this tragedy is one of the most disgusting things i have witnessed.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boone, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This guy used the term camper. Yeah taking down a shooter in real life when bullets are flying is a little dffererent than call o duty buddy. Your accuracy diminishes signifigantly and there is a little someting called friendly fire. Just ask the 9 people hit by stray bullets by NYPD (highly trained officers) . I bet they are far more qualified to talk on this subject than a gamer.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boone, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Scenario for you. I dont know if your one of the bring guns everyone and everyone will be more safe types but this goes out to those folks. Maybe you heard the story of the two nypd cops recently involved in a shooting with a single gunmen. Where 9....count them 9 innocent bystandard were shot and wounded by highly trained police. These arent regular citizens, but officers that were highly trainind and over the course of their careers sent thousands of rounds downrange to quilify for their positions. Now imagine a fight breaks out at a downtwon new years celebration or a 70k capacity football stadium and everyone is allow to carry. Now imagine a shot is fired after an arguement. Then immediatly 10-20 people in a nearby vicinity draw weapons. Which is what I would do in that scenario. What is the officer to do when 10-20 people have weapons drawn and are firing? A law enforcemnt officers job is tough enough as it is without having to make such rash split time decisions.Talk about chaos. Friendly fire anybody? The casuality rate in such a scenario could make Sandy Hook or Aurora look like a joke. Who are you going to shoot? Who is the bad guy?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinaticPatch View Post
    This guy used the term camper. Yeah taking down a shooter in real life when bullets are flying is a little dffererent than call o duty buddy. Your accuracy diminishes signifigantly and there is a little someting called friendly fire. Just ask the 9 people hit by stray bullets by NYPD (highly trained officers) . I bet they are far more qualified to talk on this subject than a gamer.
    Yeah....what ifs and what coulda beens......try using that same logic next time the gun dabte comes up, but turn it around AFTER you take peoples firearms. It's easy...

Today in (fill in your hometown here) a family of three were shot and killed during a home invasion. According to police, the home was attacked by 4 men, wearing black, that bound and gagged the family, and after ransacking the home, murdered them all. The dead homeowner, (your name here) formerly owned 2 rifles, but they were confiscated after the 2013 assault weapons ban. He showed signs of struggle, but ultimately he was unable to fend off the murderers.

Yeah, it aint hard if ya try to see YOUR wishful reality.

p.s.
    Have you seen this guys YouTube channel? He looks pretty at home on the range shooting. Hardly a "gamer" with a rifle.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Scenario for you. I dont know if your one of the bring guns everyone and everyone will be more safe types but this goes out to those folks. Maybe you heard the story of the two nypd cops recently involved in a shooting with a single gunmen. Where 9....count them 9 innocent bystandard were shot and wounded by highly trained police. These arent regular citizens, but officers that were highly trainind and over the course of their careers sent thousands of rounds downrange to quilify for their positions. Now imagine a fight breaks out at a downtwon new years celebration or a 70k capacity football stadium and everyone is allow to carry. Now imagine a shot is fired after an arguement. Then immediatly 10-20 people in a nearby vicinity draw weapons. Which is what I would do in that scenario. What is the officer to do when 10-20 people have weapons drawn and are firing? A law enforcemnt officers job is tough enough as it is without having to make such rash split time decisions.Talk about chaos. Friendly fire anybody? The casuality rate in such a scenario could make Sandy Hook or Aurora look like a joke. Who are you going to shoot? Who is the bad guy?
    Yeah....YOU should definitely stay at home with the shades drawn. It's not safe out there for you.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought we had discussed a video of his before, please say hello to the newest NRA spokesperson, Mr Colion Noir.

In my opinion, they could not have made a better choice, he is EXCELLENT.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    I thought we had discussed a video of his before, please say hello to the newest NRA spokesperson, Mr Colion Noir.

In my opinion, they could not have made a better choice, he is EXCELLENT.

This thread is 2 1/2 months old and you already responded to it in January. You already subscribed to his Facebook page - back in January.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't remember this thread so I'll pretend it's new lol.

I'm not very knowledgeable on this subject so someone correct me if I'm mistaken about anything, but this sounds like the same straw man we hear every time the gun debate comes up. Taking away guns is not the position of most gun control advocates.

And doesn't everyone already have the ability to arm themselves and get a concealed weapons permit? If so, I don't understand his point when he says, "give people the means to stop mass shootings."

I get the argument against gun free zones, but I think FinaticPatch has a point about how that could make things worse in some situations. I'm not saying I agree or disagree on that point, just that it's not exactly an easy fix imo.

I do agree with the sentiment of the video, I just think his criticism should be aimed at people who haven't gone out (for whatever reason) and gotten the training and permits required to perhaps be in a position to stop a mass shooting. Myself included, although I do plan on it one day.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Douchebag rolled up on defenseless little kids with NO ONE to stop him. A clear psychopath hell bent on killing as many innocent and unarmed people as possible. There's a big difference between law-abiding, 2nd amendment exercising Americans and crazy madmen.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote