Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Am I the only one who actually likes the old logo and would like to bring it back?!

1. -21
    Since 84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I bet when the current logo update came out a 15 years ago everyone hated it. then you just learn to deal with it.

I vividly remember my uncle making fun of the dolphins for trying to have a "meaner looking" dolphin. (he's a bears fan) I thought it was weird, and preferred the old one, I think more than anything, I preferred the product on the field that the old one represented. But now that I'm older I actually like the current one, because I've been cheering for the team wearing it for years. I also think it's time for a change, and going backwards is not the solution. so a new logo I'm sure will have mixed public reaction at first and people will learn to deal with it, it's not like we have any control, and, from seeing some of the members mock-ups, it's a good thing we don't.

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Am I the only one who actually likes the old logo and would like to bring it back?!

Quote Originally Posted by chadisawesome View Post
    I bet when the current logo update came out a 15 years ago everyone hated it. then you just learn to deal with it.

I vividly remember my uncle making fun of the dolphins for trying to have a "meaner looking" dolphin. (he's a bears fan) I thought it was weird, and preferred the old one, I think more than anything, I preferred the product on the field that the old one represented. But now that I'm older I actually like the current one, because I've been cheering for the team wearing it for years. I also think it's time for a change, and going backwards is not the solution. so a new logo I'm sure will have mixed public reaction at first and people will learn to deal with it, it's not like we have any control, and, from seeing some of the members mock-ups, it's a good thing we don't.
    The previous logo change was not drastic and from a distance you couldn't tell. I'm okay with that kind of change. I just don't like any of these futuristic helmet designs that look like a big slong with a dorsal fin.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would take the leaked logo over the new one. Any day.

Now the 70's logo or even the early 90's logo would be my preference.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starting to hear voices

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would really like to see the Dolphin lose the helmet.
    JMB
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah you are the only one... no one on here has ever mentioned this.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdmond View Post
    The previous logo change was not drastic and from a distance you couldn't tell. I'm okay with that kind of change. I just don't like any of these futuristic helmet designs that look like a big slong with a dorsal fin.
    Correct, every change has been within the same genre. It's never been an issue. They filled in the dolphin in the late '90s instead of sticking with the off-white streaks, or whatever you want to call them. I thought it was a great subtle move. We've always been known for a warm friendly logo and fortunately the tiny percentage of fans clamoring for a change never had a vehicle. This regime of klutzes at the top is suddenly the vehicle.

I sampled the logo website. Great passion but I didn't find one of them that I'd prefer to anything we've had. The one that made me laugh was the embryonic dolphin.

There are only a handful of proposed uniforms on that site. Most of them looked like our players had been dragged through the mud. Grey and ghastly. I came to realize the uniform has vastly more potential to be butchered than a mere logo.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xSxPxHx View Post
    This purposed new logo look slike a joke! horrible new logo. I rather the old logo of the 70's come back. I love that old logo and I always buy dolphin gear with the old logo!. Maybe with the old logo we will bring back luck!
    hate the old logo it is as formentioned old and out dated. the future of the nfl is not old dated logos. sorry.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Since 84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    should we build the team like we did in the 70's too? I mean, those were our glory days. get big slow guys and run it down the other teams throat, isn't that a great strategy to complete in todays nfl Mr. Parcells?

the business guys are trying to compete in the business of the nfl the same way. using a logo that looks like our throwback would be a marketing nightmare for everyone that wasn't around in the 70's to see it, also known as, the "target demographic"
    Quote Quote