Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Mock Draft/FAs

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Many Dolphin fans believe getting Jennings is a perfect fit to our team. Some, like our OP, suggested we have the inside track?? Really? Did we have the inside track on Matt Flynn? No proven FA worth anything is going to be cheap. NOT ONE. Every free agent is looking for more money not less. We are not the only team bidding and looking for every FA.

We sit well from a money standpoint, but we have many of our own guys to resign. Even our guys are looking for a bigger payday.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I personally don't think it's a realistic draft based on where i have guys slotted and what i've seen around in other mocks.

Cooper won't be there at 2a. Hopkins won't be there at 2b.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by claytonduper View Post
    Many Dolphin fans believe getting Jennings is a perfect fit to our team. Some, like our OP, suggested we have the inside track?? Really? Did we have the inside track on Matt Flynn? No proven FA worth anything is going to be cheap. NOT ONE. Every free agent is looking for more money not less. We are not the only team bidding and looking for every FA.

We sit well from a money standpoint, but we have many of our own guys to resign. Even our guys are looking for a bigger payday.
    Yes, we did. We opted not to give them the contract that Flynn and his agent wanted, and it was the correct move.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianbello360 View Post
    Can you actually do some research before your try to criticize my mock? Thanks bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have done my research. You clearly haven't.

You are telling me that Jared Cook is a big name FA, but Bennett is not? Let's see. He took a 1 year 2.5 million dollar deal from the Giants after leaving the Cowboys. Martellus Bennett had a better season than:

1) DOUBLE what he ever has as a NFL professional
    2) Jared Cook
    3) Jermichael Finley

And yet you seem to think he's going to take a paycut to come to Miami? And IM the one who needs to do my research? Maybe you should take your own advice, "bro", and do some simple fact checking.

As I said, unrealistic. I'm not trying to pick on you, but put A LITTLE BIT OF EFFORT INTO YOUR POSTS! PLEASE.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Martellus+Bennett I mean, come on man, was it THAT hard to check? Even after I pointed out how unrealistic it is? You simply ignored it, and got arrogant while being hilariously wrong. How does that further any type of discussion whatsoever?
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sign Greg Jennings and Dustin Keller in free agency. Draft best DB or pass rusher available at 12. Pick up Stedman Bailey in the second round and we got ourselves a football team.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd like to see Bush go, espcially at that deal. He might be worth that, but not to this team. Lamar Miller and another back and send Reggie packing.

I'd like to have Starks and Hartline back. We'll see what Jake and Smith want before i make a cal on them, I'm pretty sure the team won't overspend on Long and if hes back
    its at a good price for us, but Smith kinda worries me. I've been hearing Franchise tag which is too much for him
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    By the way, as you already know since you've done all your research, Sean Smith has already declined a contract offering more than the deal you're discussing.

But you did your research, right?
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm definitely on board with that Casas. I think Keller gets underratted. Remember what garbage he had throwing him the ball the last few years. Jennings and Keller would make for a great FA period
    and free us up to go Push rusher/DB in draft.

Mu ideal scenario is the Fins sign Jennings and Keller and re-sign starks and hartline for sure. Dee Milner somehow falls to us at 12 and in the 2nd rd we draft Deandre Hopkins and a push rusher. I do really like Stedman Bailey too with that Colts Pick. Then in rd 4 or 5 take Ray Graham out of Pitt to pair with Miller.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we give Greg Jennings 8 mil a year I might puke ... slightly aged and disappointing contract year does NOT add up to that kind of money
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianbello360 View Post
    I believe we have the inside track on Jennings. If the need is obvious to US as fans, than it is extremely noticeable for Jennings, his family, and most importantly the Dolphins.
    I feel if we can lock up Smith or Long to a team friendly deal that is still relatively accurate for their skill level and team need, than we jump it.

Also have the rest of our team locked up to respectable contracts and not create more holes than we already have. You don't solve problems by creating more.

Cap Room 55 mill (Roughly, seen between 40-60 mill on different sources)

Restructure / Extend

Reshad Jones has blossomed into a star in front of our eyes, and he is only getting better. As hoops mentioned earlier, Extending him now on the cheap is a smart move. Restructuring Patterson's gaudy deal gives us room to make this extension with Jones without drastically effecting our cap.

R. Jones : 4 yrs 24 mill - 6 mill cap
    D. Patterson : Take paycut or GET cut.
    2yrs 2 mill - 1 mill cap

Resign:
    Smith : 4 yrs 20 - 5 mill cap
    Long : 3 yrs 27mill. - 9 mill cap
    Starks : 3 yrs 21 mill. - 7 mill cap
    Hartline : 4 yrs 16 mill - 4 mill cap
    Clemons : 2 yrs 4 mill - 2 mill cap
    Bush : 2 yrs 10 mill - 5 mill cap

Free Agency

There are many different options we can go with FA. We would like to think we will land the top FA at every position of need, but that is not realistic. All 32 teams are looking to improve, not just the Dolphins. And as much as our organization is on the rise, many FA's will still be attracted to Top Notch Contenders. So here is my realistic list of FAs.

Greg Jennings
    It seems like a match made in heaven. The Dolphins are looking for a playmaker at WR that won't break the bank as much as Wallace, they are looking for someone who can not only come in and produce but is also a high character man who can mentor the other WRs.
    As fans we tend to be blinded by just the sport, but we must remember that these are regular people as well,not just tv figures. The organization is looking for someone who fits their system ON and OFF the field. And Jennings is that.

Jennings : 3 yrs 24 mill - 8 mill cap

Martellus Bennett - A physical specimen who seems to need a new scene to thrive the way he should, while using his god given ability to his advantage. He also was scouted and drafted by Ireland when they were in Dallas. With J. Cook and D. Keller hitting the market, he won't be as pricey.

M. Bennett - 2 yrs 4 mill - 2 mill cap

That puts us at $49 mill cap, with 6 mill left for rookies

Draft :
    1) B. Mingo DE/OLB LSU (With the rise of other DE's in the draft, he may just fall in our laps. One of the most explosive, yet raw players in the draft. Lining up opposite Wake, this puts us in a great position for our front 7

2a) J. Cooper OG UNC (This guy is an absolute BEAST in the trenches and will be a great fit in our zone blocking scheme. Great feet and strength at the POA)

2b) DeAndre Hopkins (I really want to go for R. Woods or J. Hunter here because I feel as though they will be here with this pick, but their injuries concern me. Hopkins looked amazing vs LSU and not only runs crisp routes, but takes the top off of defenses. Something Ireland has been looking for in his WRs.

3a) David Amerson CB/S NC State (This NC State product plays a physical game, just the way Coyle likes his CBs. He has gotten beat his share of times, but it has been because of mental errors, not physical ability. If Coyle can coach him up, he can be one heck of a player)

3b) Bacarri Rambo FS/SS Georgia (Former Teammate of R. Jones and playmaking safety out of Georgia drops this far because of attitude, something that can be fixed and controlled by this staff and former teammate Jones. This guy has crazy range, great Ball skills and can lay the lumber when needed. Having him develop and having Jones paired with him will make this secondary deadly)

4) Lerentee McCray OLB UF (STRENGTHS: Athletic looking frame with thick lower half, and long, muscular arms. Exhibits good top-end speed and acceleration in space. Displays strong punch and ability to generate a bull rush when he establishes low position/leverage. Will spread out and cover the slot from time to time, and possesses fluid backpedal in space. Possesses active hands on contact and flashes good use of long arms to swim back inside as a rusher. Plays with some physicality and is tough to push back at the line. Persistent worker on the field who plays with energy and aggression. CBS Sports Overview)

5) Josh Boyce WR TCU (5'11" WR who has crisp routes and game breaking speed, good hands and comes through in the clutch, needs to refine mental aspect of game)

6) Tyrann Mathieu CB ex-LSU (Formerly the Honeybadger, this playmaking CB is all over the field. Sometimes overrated, he has been beaten in coverage. But with a late round flyer, the upside is way too high for us to pass up. If this kid straightens out his off the field issues, than he will be a starter in the NFL.)

7a) Braden Brown OT BYU (
    STRENGTHS: Long, athletic-looking frame with ideal size to play tackle at the next level. Routinely comes off the line with a flat back and consistent pad levels. Displays impressive punch in pass protection when able to get his arms extended.

He needs work, but if he built up strength he can be a serviceable backup OT.

7b) Joseph Fauria TE UCLA (This guy is a 6'7" 250 freak of nature built in TE Gronkowski/Vernon Davis mold. Injuries have plagued him his entire career and his blocking needs work. But with his 4.58 speed and soft hands, he is a project I believe could pan out into a good seam TE.

Tell me what you guys think! Love the feedback.

Drivel.
    Quote Quote