Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sun Life Stadium's New Look

1. -41
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    a canopy on the stadium looks weird.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Starting to hear voices

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Miami View Post
    I live west of " ROY " in Maine and it's just about torture when i go to games in Miami in September or October because of the heat and humidity....and I grew up in Miami so i know what i'm getting myself into so it's not about being tough.... It's about what you're use to, and no one from this far north is going to fly down there and watch a game and not say " OMG it's HOT ! God this S**** " about 100 times each to themselves and their friends/family and not get a nasty sunburn or the ever o' so lovely sun poisoning.
    I don't care what happens to the tourists. Just playing.
    JMB
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Starting to hear voices

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am accustomed to the heat and the sun, I like it. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't live in South Florida. Having said that, the air-conditioned tailgating area sounds alright.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jtoomuch View Post
    I am accustomed to the heat and the sun, I like it. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't live in South Florida. Having said that, the air-conditioned tailgating area sounds alright.
    If the waterpark ever gets built how cool would it be to use that as the pregame warmup area one sunday a season.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Sun Life Stadium's New Look

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Ain't Easy View Post
    Don't care what the stadium looks like, I just want to see people there instead of tons of empty bright orange seats.
    If they win...
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Sun Life Stadium's New Look

Quote Originally Posted by houtz View Post
    Fans would have to show up in order to have home field advantage.
    This ^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolph N.Fan View Post
    lol I like how the rain/sun wasn't an issue when Miami played at the Orange Bowl. No one complained (lol except the Jets) about the rain/sun in the '82 championship game when Miami shutout the jets 14-0. Now Dolphin fans don't want to be subjected to the elements of an outdoor football game? Gotta be the ONLY team's fans out of all 32 teams that complains about getting wet or hot during a game.
    I also think that is probably the most overblown issue with the stadium. We certainly don't need a roof. We play football during some of the best weather of the year. Sure it's hot as hell in September, but what is that . . . 2 home games? Dolfans used to pound there chest at that September homefield advantage, now fans don't like it? I don't understand.

Personally I still think the #1 issue with the stadium is the product on the field. It hasn't been good enough. I think people will be surprised at how full that stadium would get if we were competing for division titles and getting a bye that first week coming home for a playoff game in January. I know for a fact that place would be sold out and loud as hell.

The Marlins needed a roof, because they play in undesireable conditions in the middle of the summer and it rains on top of it and delays the games . . . the Dolphins don't need a damn roof.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    I also think that is probably the most overblown issue with the stadium. We certainly don't need a roof. We play football during some of the best weather of the year. Sure it's hot as hell in September, but what is that . . . 2 home games? Dolfans used to pound there chest at that September homefield advantage, now fans don't like it? I don't understand.

Personally I still think the #1 issue with the stadium is the product on the field. It hasn't been good enough. I think people will be surprised at how full that stadium would get if we were competing for division titles and getting a bye that first week coming home for a playoff game in January. I know for a fact that place would be sold out and loud as hell.

The Marlins needed a roof, because they play in undesireable conditions in the middle of the summer and it rains on top of it and delays the games . . . the Dolphins don't need a damn roof.
    Not really a roof, the football games will still be subject to the heat and rain.

Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    I always thought the temp. in South Fla. was supposed to be part of our advantage. A dome would cancel that.
    I think you would still feel the heat. You would just block out the sun more. Shade and instant sun would be more impacted IMO at times of the day IMO.

And this is about more revenue for the city for super bowls, soccer games, ect it seems to me.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    I think you would still feel the heat. You would just block out the sun more. Shade and instant sun would be more impacted IMO at times of the day IMO.

And this is about more revenue for the city for super bowls, soccer games, ect it seems to me.
    January/February are 2 of the biggest months in South Florida as is for tourism, I believe I heard that in non Super Bowl years the hotels are still at 80% capacity. I don't know what big tournaments we are going to attract in soccer? I guess the Gold Cup we could host a game, but we already do. I guess we can have the US do a friendly with a team like Brazil down here . . . but that is just another overblown item. We just had Wrestlemania down here, that won't be coming back anytime soon. The National Championship was just down here and the stadium looked pretty damn solid as is. Maybe some concerts be we have concerts already.

I dunno, if Ross came out and said this is the stadium plans . . . I'd be all for it . . . the fact that the taxpayers are going to have to come outta pocket again after getting burnt by the Marlins . . . I don't see it happening. If Ross is smart, he's puts more resources into getting the product on the field fixed . . . and after some time as passed, maybe the Marlins start competing and he can just come up with a set of plans for a brand new stadium, forget a rennovated one.

He'll have more pull with a winning Marlins and Dolphins team . . . this is almost a joke with the timing.
    Quote Quote