Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Sun Life Stadium's New Look

1. -61
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    stadium does look nice. I know winning cures all ailments, but if the stadium is a piece of ****, fans aren't gonna come. No coincidence how once the Cards got a legit stadium everything from ownership to fan support improved.
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    stadium does look nice. I know winning cures all ailments, but if the stadium is a piece of ****, fans aren't gonna come. No coincidence how once the Cards got a legit stadium everything from ownership to fan support improved.
    Two years ago with a team that has not been extremely successful 10,000 more fans were in the seats. Its not the stadium that is causing smaller crowds
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    Getting an elite QB and going to the superbowl probably doesn't hurt attendance either....
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    I always thought the temp. in South Fla. was supposed to be part of our advantage. A dome would cancel that.
    Well the canopy/partial roof might lessen it for sure, but the main advantage is the humidity, and since it's not going to be an actual dome or even full roof, I don't think it will lessen the advantage too much. Hopefully it will be more of a cauldron of noise from the closer seats and the partial roof holding a bit more of the sound in?
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Norton View Post
    How did they ever get fans to watch them play in the heat back in the 70s and 80s?
    I realize you meant this as a joke, but I think it does have a little merit to the question.

Back then cars didn't always come with air conditioning standard, many homes used less-than-stellar window units, and many people simply didn't have air conditioning. I think having air conditioning so commonplace today does actually mean that more of the fan base might be less inclined to attend games in the extreme heat than before. I don't think as many Miami residents are as tolerant with rain these days as they were in the 70's and 80's either. I think the roof will help attendance. How much? I don't really know, but I think it will be noticable. We can't guarantee a great team, but we can guarantee a roof.
    Quote Quote