Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Sun Life Stadium's New Look

1. -51
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    January/February are 2 of the biggest months in South Florida as is for tourism, I believe I heard that in non Super Bowl years the hotels are still at 80% capacity. I don't know what big tournaments we are going to attract in soccer? I guess the Gold Cup we could host a game, but we already do. I guess we can have the US do a friendly with a team like Brazil down here . . . but that is just another overblown item. We just had Wrestlemania down here, that won't be coming back anytime soon. The National Championship was just down here and the stadium looked pretty damn solid as is. Maybe some concerts be we have concerts already.

I dunno, if Ross came out and said this is the stadium plans . . . I'd be all for it . . . the fact that the taxpayers are going to have to come outta pocket again after getting burnt by the Marlins . . . I don't see it happening. If Ross is smart, he's puts more resources into getting the product on the field fixed . . . and after some time as passed, maybe the Marlins start competing and he can just come up with a set of plans for a brand new stadium, forget a rennovated one.

He'll have more pull with a winning Marlins and Dolphins team . . . this is almost a joke with the timing.
    The most hypocritical thing is the way the nfl tries to pull the wool over the eyes of taxpayers. Isnt it a coincidence that both Santa Clara and Miami need to make stadium upgrades but yet are in the main mix to host the game. wouldnt it make more sense for the NFL to choose stadiums that are already up to their so called standards. Its a big scam to force taxpayers to foot the burden of upgrading the nfl's stadiums along with giving very fairy tale numbers on super bowl economic impact.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They made a good point on wqam that they don't require a roof in New York for a super bowl where they could easily get snowed out in late january but the NFL demands miami put a roof on or no superbowl? it makes no sense.
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    I never had a problem with the sun at games until the Miami/NC State game. Dear sweet Jesus that game was ****ing hot. I was sitting there fanning myself with those stupid paper fans they give you like a middle aged woman while watching people literally getting carried out the stadium with heat strokes and exhaustion. I have a pretty good background with working in the sun and living in the sun, so its not like I wasnt used to it. It was just ****ing hot. I cant even fathom the reasoning behind not wanting to make the fan experience more comfortable. Its not hurting our homefield advantage at all. Just shading the fans. Only someone who feels like he has to prove something macho would prefer to sit there and bake on those really bad days.

Quote Quote  

4. -54
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    I never had a problem with the sun at games until the Miami/NC State game. Dear sweet Jesus that game was ****ing hot. I was sitting there fanning myself with those stupid paper fans they give you like a middle aged woman while watching people literally getting carried out the stadium with heat strokes and exhaustion. I have a pretty good background with working in the sun and living in the sun, so its not like I wasnt used to it. It was just ****ing hot. I cant even fathom the reasoning behind not wanting to make the fan experience more comfortable. Its not hurting our homefield advantage at all. Just shading the fans. Only someone who feels like he has to prove something macho would prefer to sit there and bake on those really bad days.
    I don't disagree at all, but I just think it's overblown when people start pointing to heat as a problem with that stadium. I used to go to a ****load of Marlins games in that stadium (2003 I went to a bunch of them) and some of those games were hotter than anything that I have experienced at a Canes/Dolphins game. The biggest problem with the stadium is the product on the field. I'm all for making the "fan experience" more comfortable but why does the fan have to come out of pocket to help the billionaire owner make it happen.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    I don't disagree at all, but I just think it's overblown when people start pointing to heat as a problem with that stadium. I used to go to a ****load of Marlins games in that stadium (2003 I went to a bunch of them) and some of those games were hotter than anything that I have experienced at a Canes/Dolphins game. The biggest problem with the stadium is the product on the field. I'm all for making the "fan experience" more comfortable but why does the fan have to come out of pocket to help the billionaire owner make it happen.
    I hear ya on Marlins games. I didnt go to a ton, probably like 4 or 5, but a few of those were scorchers. As for the financing, I was under the impression though that gov'ment dem was gonna fund the upgrades?
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    January/February are 2 of the biggest months in South Florida as is for tourism, I believe I heard that in non Super Bowl years the hotels are still at 80% capacity. I don't know what big tournaments we are going to attract in soccer? I guess the Gold Cup we could host a game, but we already do. I guess we can have the US do a friendly with a team like Brazil down here . . .
    but that is just another overblown item
    . We just had Wrestlemania down here, that won't be coming back anytime soon. The National Championship was just down here and the stadium looked pretty damn solid as is. Maybe some concerts be we have concerts already.

I dunno, if Ross came out and said this is the stadium plans . . . I'd be all for it . . . the fact that the taxpayers are going to have to come outta pocket again after getting burnt by the Marlins . . . I don't see it happening. If Ross is smart, he's puts more resources into getting the product on the field fixed . . . and after some time as passed, maybe the Marlins start competing and he can just come up with a set of plans for a brand new stadium, forget a rennovated one.

He'll have more pull with a winning Marlins and Dolphins team . . . this is almost a joke with the timing.
    Im brazilian so i have to respectfully disagree with this. Any time you are playing the 5 time world cup champs its something that will draw revenue, especially from a community with alot of hispanics who are more soccer fans than american football. I remember when brazil played mexico in the orange bowl back in 93 i think it was, i was a little kid still and got to go see the game at the orange bowl, that stadium was packed and drew tons of revenue for miami. So if that extra revenue keeps stephen ross from selling the dolphins and keeps them in miami, so be it.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The dolphins are not going anywhere but if Ross did I would care less
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    does anybody have an HTML link to that flyover youtube video? I want to share it with some of my family who are fins fans.

thanks.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    I hear ya on Marlins games. I didnt go to a ton, probably like 4 or 5, but a few of those were scorchers. As for the financing, I was under the impression though that gov'ment dem was gonna fund the upgrades?
    I heard Ross is putting up 200 million and the government/tax payers are going to have to spot the other 200 million, included but not limited to a possible sales tax increase. I'm going to read more into it to get the information for myself.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I heard Ross is putting up 200 million and the government/tax payers are going to have to spot the other 200 million, included but not limited to a possible sales tax increase. I'm going to read more into it to get the information for myself.
    well basically Ross wants a handout like we are some kind of team in this. ross is trying to maximize profit at our expense basically and the 200 million will pay for itself when he sells the team since the stadium is included
    Quote Quote