Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Sun Life Stadium's New Look

1. -61
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    stadium does look nice. I know winning cures all ailments, but if the stadium is a piece of ****, fans aren't gonna come. No coincidence how once the Cards got a legit stadium everything from ownership to fan support improved.
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    stadium does look nice. I know winning cures all ailments, but if the stadium is a piece of ****, fans aren't gonna come. No coincidence how once the Cards got a legit stadium everything from ownership to fan support improved.
    Two years ago with a team that has not been extremely successful 10,000 more fans were in the seats. Its not the stadium that is causing smaller crowds
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    Getting an elite QB and going to the superbowl probably doesn't hurt attendance either....
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    I always thought the temp. in South Fla. was supposed to be part of our advantage. A dome would cancel that.
    Well the canopy/partial roof might lessen it for sure, but the main advantage is the humidity, and since it's not going to be an actual dome or even full roof, I don't think it will lessen the advantage too much. Hopefully it will be more of a cauldron of noise from the closer seats and the partial roof holding a bit more of the sound in?
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Norton View Post
    How did they ever get fans to watch them play in the heat back in the 70s and 80s?
    I realize you meant this as a joke, but I think it does have a little merit to the question.

Back then cars didn't always come with air conditioning standard, many homes used less-than-stellar window units, and many people simply didn't have air conditioning. I think having air conditioning so commonplace today does actually mean that more of the fan base might be less inclined to attend games in the extreme heat than before. I don't think as many Miami residents are as tolerant with rain these days as they were in the 70's and 80's either. I think the roof will help attendance. How much? I don't really know, but I think it will be noticable. We can't guarantee a great team, but we can guarantee a roof.
    Quote Quote