Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kiper has phins taking Cordarrelle Patterson in his first mock draft

1. -11
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Califa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Allen has been getting dogged lately, I still feel he is the superior prospect for our situation on O
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Been one of my biggest issues with him. Every single year, EVERY YEAR, he makes one completely boneheaded signing that makes you think he went on a massive coke bender the night before, slept in the office, woke up still high as **** and started making calls to anybody that would answer at 4 AM on a weekday; which is apparently **** players like Naanee, Colombo, Barbie Carpenter, etc.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For all the people thinking he's a reach at 12, just know that he won't drop past 17. After the combine and his 40 he will be a for sure top 15 pick.
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can't see our FO taking a WR at 12, even if we don't get one in free agency. I can see us droping back and taking one in the 20's tho.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    pass rusher>>>WR
    ďIf you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.Ē
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would love that pick. I bet after the combine, Patterson could be considered a top 10 pick. We'll see.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Free agency obviously dictates who the Dolphins draft with their first rd pick. These mock drafts will need an asterisk next to them until just before the actual draft occurs since the Dolphins can easily address the WR issue they have in FA.
    Definitely true. FA is going to shape the draft up nicely for us, we could assume.. But I do like the thought of getting Patterson, maybe he falls into the 2nd

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What makes the most sense is to take a veteran WCO WR like Jennings and draft a couple of young talented WR's in the draft for him to mentor. They play paired down route trees at first to stretch the field and rotate in as the 3rd and 4th WR's while getting more playing time when Jennings or Hartline are injured. By their 2nd or 3rd season they will be polished enough to take over as the main WR's in a 4 or 5 deep WR corps like Green Bay has. So, silly Armando is wrong ... it's not about getting our WR in FA. It's about getting our veteran mentor WR in FA AND then drafting 2 talented WR's to be mentored.

Yes, I'm fine with Cordarrelle Patterson at 12. In five years time we'll look back and say it was a steal, kinda the way the Giants do with JPP or the 49'ers do with Aldon Smith ... because talent trumps polish, and Patterson is simply more talented than Allen.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Even if we grab a WR in FA, i would love this pick, He is raw, but has the most upside and would add an element of explosion to our O. you want excitement? this kid brings that. His stock will rise and i do see him as the 1st WR taken come april. Give our young QB help for now AND for the future. I would take Patterson and one of the two top TEs in the 2nd if still available. All of our holes will not be filled in one offseason, regardless of the amount of $ or picks we have. Give RT some weapons so that he is ready for a consistant playoff push year in and year out sooner rather than later.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Depends on how he does at the combine and our FA signings...but I would be ok with this pick at 12 all things considered. He's a great talent.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I saw him on video for the first time today and the way he changed direction so smooth and quickly was almost like watching a tall Barry Sanders. Terrific vision and control of his body. Having only one year at FBS level indicates he has a tremendous amount of raw talent.
    Quote Quote