Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Perception Doesn't Equal Reality on Jeff Ireland

1. -71
    DEPRESSED BY REALITY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phintim View Post
    You are absolutly wrong and Shula proved that all the time. Yes we need more talented players too I agree but Tom Brady was a find and the last time we beat the Pats for the division title Brady was on the bench. So one player at the right position can make all the difference and its not just the Phins that the Pats have been pounding. Of course when we had a better coach and better QB in Marinio and sometimes a very average talented team we still owned the AFC.
    That's ridiculous. Yes, a great coach can and will win more games than an average or poor one. Do you honestly believe if Shula was coaching this group of talent in todays NFL (being a passing league) that we would have been competive for Superbowl or even a long run in the playoffs? This team is full of holes at WR/TE on offense and relatively poor secondary play save Jones. There are zero big play guys at these positions.

The Pats have guys coming off the bench to score 3 TD's in a playoff game with their all pro tight end out of the game. They still put up 42 points. They also have playmakers all over the Defense. They produce turnovers where we apparently forgot that was part of the rules of football.

Marino and Brady both changed their franchises. The difference in the two is Brady has had great teams which is a big reason he's probably going to his 6th Superbowl. Marino had great receivers, but never had a plus running game and routinely had bad defenses.
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ireland to Me.....Trading up for Donald Thomas....who has done NUTHIN but get hurt and run back wards into the line?
    Drafting Egnew TE who for a whole Season couldn`t really get off the Bench????
    That is a #2 and a #3 wasted................
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DDTDON View Post
    Don't think he really cares or know that you're on his ass. I don't understand the mentality of fans thinking that any professional organization cares what they think. Anything you see or do, will not make a difference. So complain all you want. It changes nothing in the long run. Have fun with that. Not bashing you, I just don't understand why people think it makes a difference.
    It matters when those unimportant fans stops buying tickets. That stadium is ghost town.
    "Ryan Tannehill out-Brady'ed Brady"- DanPatrick
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We are loaded with draft pics because we have 2 more worse pics than the pics we gave up to get Brandon Marshall.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    THANK YOU. Holy ****, it's such a ****ing impatient society FH lives in.

JEFF IRELAND DID NOTHING TO ADDRESS THE WIDE RECEIVERS WAHHH WAHHHH. Gee guys, maybe he's going to address it when he's actually able to? You know, during the new draft, when he's not handcuffed to having to fill 10 other holes? Maybe with all that money he freed up? Maybe he's going to actually DO HIS JOB over the course 2 years, not ONE? Maybe he wants to get it RIGHT and not just GET IT DONE?

Philbin has a plan in mind. He likely has players (a mold, at least) in mind. He probably has discussed this with Ireland because they are, ya know, co-workers and all. Maybe, just maybe, we need to stop living in such a vacuum and pretending we know anything more than what Armando or Ben Volin tell us.
    Impatient hmm havent we say by losing for the last 4 years with him as Gm lol. You also speak of filling these 10 holes, He drafted a 3rd string rb and a 4th string Te before he even addressed receiver so you can alredy rethink that statement. He also could have signed Reggie Wayne or at least tryed to sign him. I call BS on him being handcuffed getting a wr. Mentally challenged maybe but not handcuffed
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundance Kid View Post
    Ireland to Me.....Trading up for Donald Thomas....who has done NUTHIN but get hurt and run back wards into the line?
    Drafting Egnew TE who for a whole Season couldn`t really get off the Bench????
    That is a #2 and a #3 wasted................
    You don't get it, man. Those things are all in the past. You can only judge Ireland starting . . . right . . .

NOW!
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Who's this guy "Ireland" everyone is talking about? New GM? Jeez, I hope he can turn our franchise around....

The man's got one more year with or without my approval but holy toledo if he can't get it done this year I at least hope he effs it up enough to convince the world he needs to go....
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jason37 View Post
    He has picks because he is letting our best players go and he most certainly will be drafting players at WR and CB who will not be as good as the players he let go. In other words he is creating holes and filling them with junk players.
    Well said. Brandon Marshall and Vontae Davis were debacle trades. I don't care that they are gone - I care that we gave up 2, no 2's for Marshall then traded him for 2 no 3's. I care that we drafted Vontae 25th overall in the 1st round and traded him for the 53rd overall pick 3 years later. You are right - we have those 2 extra picks because we let our best WR and our best DB go - and we will have to draft to replace or fill with landfill. Not how you build a winner. The GM sucks.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetti17 View Post
    Jeff Ireland is a very unpopular guy among many Dolfans and Dolphins columnist. Most of the ammunition these folks use relate to the years in which Bill Parcells had final say over personnel. It also relates to the years in which Ireland had to acquire talent for a coach and a scheme he didn't agree with. In light of that, even though people will undoubtedly say I'm wrong, Ireland, in reality, has one year under his belt as a full fledged general manager. In one year, what has he done?

1. Miami is loaded for the 2013 NFL draft. This allows them to do as the Patriots, and move up and down to acquire the players that best fit their system.

2. Miami is loaded with money for the 2013 Free Agency period. This allows them to go get any impact players that hit the open market.

3. His track record over the last 12 months is pretty impressive. Ryan Tannehill, Jonathan Martin, Lamar Miller, Marcus Thigpen, Olivier Vernon, Rishard Matthews, Derrick Shelby, Kheeston Randle, Josh Kaddu, Jonathan Freeny, and Will Yeatman (to tackle) is a pretty good haul for one year. I'd say seven have elite physical skills and the potential to be impact players for years to come, Tannahill, Martin, Miller, Thigpen, Vernon, Kaddu, and Yeatman. Don't be surprised if Kaddu and Yeatman have a big impact next year. The only free agent he signed for other than bargain basement numbers - Richard Marshall - looked good in the preseason and in the handful of games he was healthy. And, given his track record, nobody could have seen him getting injured. Michael Egnew, the lightning rod for most Ireland haters, is one potential mistake among many obvious successes. Nobody hits on them all. Now that said, the jury is still not out on him, although admittedly my eyes see toughness and work ethic issues.

I know I'm going to get hammered for writing this post. I get that. I just think it has to be said that people are being unreasonable in their pre-mature viewpoints on Jeff Ireland. I believe in him. I believe in his plan, or what I think his plan is. I believe he will build a Super Bowl contender. I think if others were honest with themselves they would scale back the hatred. You don't have to agree that he will make Miami a Super Bowl contender. However, if you know about football and how the dynamics within an organization work, you have to admit this has been his team for only one year. Just because things have been so bad since the Wannstedt-Fiedler years doesn't mean we throw critial thinking out the door and look for demons behind every door. Ireland has us in a great position. It's time to recognize that.
    I laud your optimism and support of Jeff "is your mom a prostitute" Ireland. But you have to look at both sides of the coin. You make some good points in there about players but since he's been here he has not found a single GAME BREAKING PLAYER in either the draft or FA (Bush is the closest to that and not good enough). I think the problem with Jeffy Jeff is he needs math lessons. Addition by subtraction is his MO. Examples:

1. Trade 2 no 2's for Marshall; give him away for 2 no 3's - bad value (and that's before you consider we got Eggnoodle with one of those picks)
    2. Trade 1st round pick Davis for a 2nd round pick - bad value
    3. Trade up for Daniel Thomas - why?

And we wonder why we have such holes at WR and Corner. Doh!

Also, Derrick Shelby is a moron - he's the dufus that walked with the downed punt on the inch line into the endzone - he'd never make it on the Patriots or a team that demands its players be aware...

What NFL team would entrust a former college KICKER to evaluate talent???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by royalshank View Post
    I laud your optimism and support of Jeff "is your mom a prostitute" Ireland. But you have to look at both sides of the coin. You make some good points in there about players but since he's been here he has not found a single GAME BREAKING PLAYER in either the draft or FA (Bush is the closest to that and not good enough). I think the problem with Jeffy Jeff is he needs math lessons. Addition by subtraction is his MO. Examples:

1. Trade 2 no 2's for Marshall; give him away for 2 no 3's - bad value (and that's before you consider we got Eggnoodle with one of those picks)
    2. Trade 1st round pick Davis for a 2nd round pick - bad value
    3. Trade up for Daniel Thomas - why?

And we wonder why we have such holes at WR and Corner. Doh!

Also, Derrick Shelby is a moron - he's the dufus that walked with the downed punt on the inch line into the endzone - he'd never make it on the Patriots or a team that demands its players be aware...

What NFL team would entrust a former college KICKER to evaluate talent???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    I think you are thinking of the miscue that Jonathan Freeny made.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote