Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Perception Doesn't Equal Reality on Jeff Ireland

1. -61
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    I'm just tired of the damn excuses. I want results, and I want 'em now!

I said I'd get off his ass this past year because he finally invested in a QB with our first. Now, the heat is back on.
    Don't think he really cares or know that you're on his ass. I don't understand the mentality of fans thinking that any professional organization cares what they think. Anything you see or do, will not make a difference. So complain all you want. It changes nothing in the long run. Have fun with that. Not bashing you, I just don't understand why people think it makes a difference.
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DDTDON View Post
    Don't think he really cares or know that you're on his ass. I don't understand the mentality of fans thinking that any professional organization cares what they think. Anything you see or do, will not make a difference. So complain all you want. It changes nothing in the long run. Have fun with that. Not bashing you, I just don't understand why people think it makes a difference.
    If they don't care what fans think then why are they spending $400 million on stadium upgrades?
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DDTDON View Post
    They certainly should care what I and other fans think when it affects our decision to purchase tickets and merchandise. They should also care when it affects our decision to watch the games (and associated advertisements) on TV.

Do you really think it was an accident that Ireland and Ross started talking to the press immediately after the fan protests were held at team facility in Davie? Ross is a businessman and is smart enough to know that the bad publicity created by those protests would eventually affect his bottom line. So, do Ireland and Ross care what we as fans think? It appears that they do when we as fans speak the language that they understand which is the bottom line of the business.
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    If they don't care what fans think then why are they spending $400 million on stadium upgrades?
    Because it is not only the Dolphins that will be using the facility, it will be for Super Bowl and other tourist attractions.
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    They certainly should care what I and other fans think when it affects our decision to purchase tickets and merchandise. They should also care when it affects our decision to watch the games (and associated advertisements) on TV.

Do you really think it was an accident that Ireland and Ross started talking to the press immediately after the fan protests were held at team facility in Davie? Ross is a businessman and is smart enough to know that the bad publicity created by those protests would eventually affect his bottom line. So, do Ireland and Ross care what we as fans think? It appears that they do when we as fans speak the language that they understand which is the bottom line of the business.
    Yeah, they care so much, did they go after Bowe when the fans were calling for a WR to help this team this year? Did Ross fire Ireland when the fans called for his head? Please enlighten me, on how they care what you or other fans think. I am sorry, but these organizations are like politicians, they will spout off words to shut you up for a bit, then you will go back to what ya'll do best. Which is complain. So, enjoy your complaining and I will sit back and just watch what happens.
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The team will care when even less people pay for tickets after another loser season. Then again maybe they can balance the ticket loss by rolling out a new logo on merchandise.
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i guess I must be a blind homer.

Joe Philbin is hired as the head coach and touted as one of if not they most organized candidates in football history with a road map clearly laid out as to what he wants and needs to build a winning team. In the first season key players were jettisoned based on desire not talent and I have to believe that was part of the plan laid out by Philbin to Ireland and Ross about how and who he wanted on his football team. Sparano was a simple man, a detailed but simple man, his offensive mentality resembled that of Mongo from Blazing Saddles "Sparano Smash"and that was the type of team we had.

Philbin has shown ability to try and adapt a system to his players, yeah he forced feed some of the players into the system but you cannot magically wave a wand and have a roster full of desired traits, you have what you have and you build off from it. Ireland I have to believe is implementing a plan which was laid out by Philbin and if he isn't on the same page as his coach he is clearly incompetent and should go out the door immediately. I have a hard time believing that is the case. With a detailed as Joe is and as big a stickler as he is, I'm willing to bet a lot of these moves that were made last season were made due to Joe's plan and not Ireland's finial say.

This team finally has a young QB, does he need to grow and learn to become a long term answer, of course he does but at least we drafted a QB in round 1 something Ireland was blasted for not doing in the past. We have a **** load of draft picks and a ton of cash with the second youngest roster in the league. This team was 7-9 with a rookie QB, there is no reason to expect anything less than a winning season next year in which case most of us will be happy. If Miami doesn't have a decent record next season, Ireland's leash will get yanked and the people who wanted him gone will be happy.

Either way you make someone happy but to me I'd be rooting for the first scenario since it likely means we are winning again, I've had enough rebuilding talk and actions. I want playoffs again and I think we are close with the roster we have now so if Ireland cannot get Miami over the hump with ideal situations this off season,I'll be the first to grab the pitch fork and torch.
    Hold My Beer and Watch This!
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    THANK YOU. Holy ****, it's such a ****ing impatient society FH lives in.

JEFF IRELAND DID NOTHING TO ADDRESS THE WIDE RECEIVERS WAHHH WAHHHH. Gee guys, maybe he's going to address it when he's actually able to? You know, during the new draft, when he's not handcuffed to having to fill 10 other holes? Maybe with all that money he freed up? Maybe he's going to actually DO HIS JOB over the course 2 years, not ONE? Maybe he wants to get it RIGHT and not just GET IT DONE?

Philbin has a plan in mind. He likely has players (a mold, at least) in mind. He probably has discussed this with Ireland because they are, ya know, co-workers and all. Maybe, just maybe, we need to stop living in such a vacuum and pretending we know anything more than what Armando or Ben Volin tell us.
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    i guess I must be a blind homer.

Joe Philbin is hired as the head coach and touted as one of if not they most organized candidates in football history with a road map clearly laid out as to what he wants and needs to build a winning team. In the first season key players were jettisoned based on desire not talent and I have to believe that was part of the plan laid out by Philbin to Ireland and Ross about how and who he wanted on his football team. Sparano was a simple man, a detailed but simple man, his offensive mentality resembled that of Mongo from Blazing Saddles "Sparano Smash"and that was the type of team we had.

Philbin has shown ability to try and adapt a system to his players, yeah he forced feed some of the players into the system but you cannot magically wave a wand and have a roster full of desired traits, you have what you have and you build off from it. Ireland I have to believe is implementing a plan which was laid out by Philbin and if he isn't on the same page as his coach he is clearly incompetent and should go out the door immediately. I have a hard time believing that is the case. With a detailed as Joe is and as big a stickler as he is, I'm willing to bet a lot of these moves that were made last season were made due to Joe's plan and not Ireland's finial say.

This team finally has a young QB, does he need to grow and learn to become a long term answer, of course he does but at least we drafted a QB in round 1 something Ireland was blasted for not doing in the past. We have a **** load of draft picks and a ton of cash with the second youngest roster in the league. This team was 7-9 with a rookie QB, there is no reason to expect anything less than a winning season next year in which case most of us will be happy. If Miami doesn't have a decent record next season, Ireland's leash will get yanked and the people who wanted him gone will be happy.

Either way you make someone happy but to me I'd be rooting for the first scenario since it likely means we are winning again, I've had enough rebuilding talk and actions. I want playoffs again and I think we are close with the roster we have now so if Ireland cannot get Miami over the hump with ideal situations this off season,I'll be the first to grab the pitch fork and torch.
    ^^^This. Let's see how this past draft class continues to develop and let's also see how Free Agency and the upcoming draft go...
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    THANK YOU. Holy ****, it's such a ****ing impatient society FH lives in.

JEFF IRELAND DID NOTHING TO ADDRESS THE WIDE RECEIVERS WAHHH WAHHHH. Gee guys, maybe he's going to address it when he's actually able to? You know, during the new draft, when he's not handcuffed to having to fill 10 other holes? Maybe with all that money he freed up? Maybe he's going to actually DO HIS JOB over the course 2 years, not ONE? Maybe he wants to get it RIGHT and not just GET IT DONE?

Philbin has a plan in mind. He likely has players (a mold, at least) in mind. He probably has discussed this with Ireland because they are, ya know, co-workers and all. Maybe, just maybe, we need to stop living in such a vacuum and pretending we know anything more than what Armando or Ben Volin tell us.
    The wide reciever senario has been a bit of a mystry to me on this team last year. We went through a ton of guys rookies and veterans who just could not catch on or understand our system. Why we kept that Nanee dude so long. Moving forward I hope that is not an issue and am opptomistic that with a healthly returning Bess, Hartline, Mathews and possibly Binns that we will have a much improved recieving corp along with whatever deep talent we might add. Also I expect to Fasano resigned and Clay now that he knows the new system better will help the tight end position plue the talent they add there also.
    Quote Quote