Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mando/Rotoworld: Mike Wallace to enter free agency and not get tagged

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    with teams having to spend so much under the new cba to meet the salary floor expect any top end headed into their prime which at 26 years old is the ideal honey hole player that hits free agency to sign for big time money...

if miamis not willing to overpay somewhat wallace won't come here...someone is gonna offer that guy $60 mil over 5 years...and he's gonna follow the money...
    Is he worth that much though? is his production that much higher than say Jennings to make him worth over 10 million more? Wallace is the best free agent on the market but is it smart to break the bank on one player? My heart says pay him my head says sign Jennings and a top free agent TE like Keller.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Geez what to do what to do! If certain if we got him we would definitely need to resign Hartline and draft another big play receiver in the draft. Personally I'm of the opinion lets fix this receiving group once and for all!

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Is he worth that much though? is his production that much higher than say Jennings to make him worth over 10 million more? Wallace is the best free agent on the market but is it smart to break the bank on one player? My heart says pay him my head says sign Jennings and a top free agent TE like Keller.
    I hear you but with Jennings your looking for another receiver in about 2-3 years at best!
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think he is worth that much money.

Does anyone remember Alvin Harper?

I would focus on the packer wr or other free agent WRs. Look at all the catches marshall had this year with the Bears, they didn't even make the playoffs as a wildcard.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    with teams having to spend so much under the new cba to meet the salary floor expect any top end headed into their prime which at 26 years old is the ideal honey hole player that hits free agency to sign for big time money...

if miamis not willing to overpay somewhat wallace won't come here...someone is gonna offer that guy $60 mil over 5 years...and he's gonna follow the money...
    Can't say it much better than that.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    top guys always get overpai in free agency...wallace is one guy that is in his prime and a legitimate playmaker...barring injury you are getting that level impact for the next 5 years or the length of the contract provided he stays motivated...i know one thing when nfl gms and scouts put on some of that all 22 view coaches tape and see just how rediculously fast that kid gets on top of dbs and eats up cushions and then just blows by people they are gonna be salivating...add in for his size he's tougher than he looks and his route running on the routes he does run is pretty solid for a burner and i think he's gonna have quite a market...

unless some things surface about him being a bad soldier...still that tape is SCARY...most explosive vertical blow by wr in football...

if i need a burner to keep defenses honest and make plays over the top he's worth it to me...and miami needs that some kind of bad to run shermans vertical passing o...again though he's played for peanuts the last 2 years if you don't come correct with the money he's not ever visiting your facility...ireland better come correct if he wants to be in on this
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Califa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's insane how db's back off him nearly ten yars right before the snap and still he chews 'em up, hopefully he has that speed and acceleration for years to come if you're the team signing him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Been one of my biggest issues with him. Every single year, EVERY YEAR, he makes one completely boneheaded signing that makes you think he went on a massive coke bender the night before, slept in the office, woke up still high as **** and started making calls to anybody that would answer at 4 AM on a weekday; which is apparently **** players like Naanee, Colombo, Barbie Carpenter, etc.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think this is all academic cause I don't believe we'll even offer him a contract. People like to assume we're going after every top free agent but for the most part we don't. I believe if we get someone it'll be Jennings as long as his price is right. They want to use the draft to build the team and I can't blame them there but we still; need to use free agency too. Wallace will price himself out of our range imo.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -18

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the other part of this is i don't see much true vertical over the top burner day 1 impact in this wr draft class...i don't see a mike wallace...there's a lot of things that can help you in this wr class but i don't know that there's what wallace offers...

so you'd be getting a proven nfl player in his prime who may still have upside to fill a need you drafted clyde gates for last year and failed with...seems like the kind of thing ireland would back...but again all that "i won't overpay" stuff...ok...and you won't get mike wallace jeff...so nut up

if jeffs looking for a better "bargain" he can probably land a older player like greg jennings for around $8 mil per...
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    I suppose Wallace is the sort of player to put bums on seats and help make the team relevant again. Jennings is a big name as well but I can see how a player like Wallace would go down in South Florida.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    frankly i'll take either one wallace or jennings...i'm tired of bad decisions at wr and trying to make chicken salad with chicken **** and i don't trust ireland to land a high end wr talent to begin with in the draft plus you have to wait on a lot of wrs in the draft takes a while to make the transition to the pro game...

wallace just has more shelf life and his skill set imo is harder to find...i think sherman would prefer wallace and philbin jennings... either one would be a godsend
    Quote Quote