Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mando/Rotoworld: Mike Wallace to enter free agency and not get tagged

1. -31
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJetsBlow View Post
    There is absolutely no excuse if Mike Wallace is not wearing a Dolphins uniform next year.
    No there is an excuse and his name is Greg Jennings. Im not saying I want Jennings but I believe he will be offered a contract before Wallace IMO. If Wallace is not a Fin its because Jenning's is.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper1016 View Post
    No there is an excuse and his name is Greg Jennings. Im not saying I want Jennings but I believe he will be offered a contract before Wallace IMO. If Wallace is not a Fin its because Jenning's is.
    We have the money to get them both if we really want them, but i don't think Jeff has the B%^% to do that tho.
    Still banging and laughing
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I am not sure if Wallace fits with RT's skill set
    Sure he does. Tannehill overshoots 9.7 out of every 10 deep balls he throws. Wallace should be able to snag most of them.

For the record, I prefer Jennings in free agency anyway. He'll cost less and be a much more complete receiver. Tannehill really needs a steady presence. They can then take a speed WR in the draft.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Miami View Post
    He is very well known as a head case in NFL circles.
    Says who? YOU? The National Enquirer? The Pittsburgh gossip columnists? Who?
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterNorth View Post
    Sure he does. Tannehill overshoots 9.7 out of every 10 deep balls he throws. Wallace should be able to snag most of them.

For the record, I prefer Jennings in free agency anyway. He'll cost less and be a much more complete receiver. Tannehill really needs a steady presence. They can then take a speed WR in the draft.
    There aren't any bluechip "burners" this time. We'd just get another bust if we go for a "burner".
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Miami View Post
    We have the money to get them both if we really want them, but i don't think Jeff has the B%^% to do that tho.
    He probably thinks we only need one WR.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Conducting From the Grave: The Rise
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYQ2aKgXafw
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wallace was targeted 404 times in 4 years Averaged 8 tds and never had more than 72 receptions, he's a difference maker if you make him the difference, under Mike Sherman I don't think he will have that kind of success, but he is worth at leat 9 mil a year.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUFan View Post
    ?? I'm not sure what this means? Care to clarify.....
    im pretty sure hayden meant that Tannehill didn't really seem to be the terrific deep ball passer that Wallace needs at QB (like Roethlisberger)..... but the jury is still out on that since it was his first year & he was feeling everything out with a group of lackluster WR's. i'd take the chance at pairing RT & Wallace in Miami with hopes that Tannehill can get it deep enough & accurate enough to Mike Wallace
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    He probably thinks we only need one WR.
    This terrifies me more than anything. Some how our FO thinks getting "one player-maker" is all we need......
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i don't understand the wallace doesn't fit tannehills skill set talk...kind of baffles me really...tannehill can throw the 18 yard comeback from the opposite hash can throw the deep out and hits hartline routinely on routes where he drives on the corner forcing the corner to open his hips and transition into his pedal before gearing down and turning into a dart on the outside...add in those 2 wr sets we love to run vertical pa off with hartline and bess and substitute a clean release wallace in one of those slots and you will have safeties and dbs scared to death of getting beat over the top opening up more space in base set run plays and allowing you to bang them off pa vertical with more efficiency...

i also don't agree with any tannehill can't throw the ball deep stuff...that's not what i saw this year...mike wallace would do murder in pa would bang the opposition for chunk yardage on comebacks and deep outs and catch quick slants screens and posts with more big play ability than anyone we have on the roster...

design ways to get wallace clean releases off the los either by motion or by stacking the wrs etc and he'll do murder...and when teams do try to press him he's so quick and explosive they usually go to press bail and he gets into his route and off the los efficiently...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote