Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Mando/Rotoworld: Mike Wallace to enter free agency and not get tagged

1. -71
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    w/o Brady the Patriots are a sub .500 team and Beli is a DC for the Lions.
    They won eleven games with Matt Cassel.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

The Devin Townsend Project: Kingdom (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jZjziohaPc
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    If you'll notice, they were hypothetical situations, based on what Belichick has done. Come on now man.

And Belichick had Tom Brady fall into his lap. He's a good coach, but we can stop pretending he's a master at the draft. He's drafted more than his fair share of mega busts.
    Ok, I misread that. I appologize.
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SQuinn17 View Post
    Awesome player but I'm scared he's going to not work as hard after getting paid.
    Wouldn't touch that dude with a 10 meter cattle prod

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

4. -74
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    Wouldn't touch that dude with a 10 meter cattle prod
    Why not Goon

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    Why not Goon
    I wouldn't dream of "knowing as much about football" as some of the people on this site, but one thing I know
    is people. I honestly think this guy is all about the money, and if the Steelers let him go, that will solidify my
    opinion. There's nothing wrong with wanting to get paid, but once you do, you owe something to the person
    that paid you. I don't think this guy has any conception what that is all about.

It's nothing substantial, and nothing that I can put a finger on. It's just a feeling that I've been going on my
    whole life, and still do to this day. I think Wallace is a mistake.

I bow to those that know more about football than me. The same people that stomped a mudhole in me when
    I went left about two ST *12 man* penalties during the Cardinals game way back when, and I was told the "Trifecta"
    and a "Three Year Plan" was going to save us, and it became plainly obvious, that wasn't the case.

Sorry. Sometimes, I just get a gut feeling, and most times it's right.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    belichick is a hell of a coach...there's no doubt having brady is a big help...belis not a great draft evaluator that's for sure and thank god for that but the guys a master at identfying weaknesses in the opposition and attacking them...beli exposes weaknesses in teams...

he's also a master motivator...that teams always prepared

lastly he's also a bit of a cheat...he'll cheat in a heartbeat to get an advantage
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How can you get a "gut feeling" on someone without, I dunno, ever meeting them?

You're just as likely to get a gut feeling about the way the media portrays them.
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    I wouldn't dream of "knowing as much about football" as some of the people on this site, but one thing I know
    is people. I honestly think this guy is all about the money, and if the Steelers let him go, that will solidify my
    opinion. There's nothing wrong with wanting to get paid, but once you do, you owe something to the person
    that paid you. I don't think this guy has any conception what that is all about.

It's nothing substantial, and nothing that I can put a finger on. It's just a feeling that I've been going on my
    whole life, and still do to this day. I think Wallace is a mistake.

I bow to those that know more about football than me. The same people that stomped a mudhole in me when
    I went left about two ST *12 man* penalties during the Cardinals game way back when, and I was told the "Trifecta"
    and a "Three Year Plan" was going to save us, and it became plainly obvious, that wasn't the case.

Sorry. Sometimes, I just get a gut feeling, and most times it's right.
    I completely understand your concern about the potential for Wallace looking for his "pay day" and then not earning his paycheck on the field. That being said, football is a vicious sport and countless are the stories of guys playing at a high level but getting paid at a below market price and then getting injured. As a result, they never have their big pay day because football is a business first for both owners and players. Wallace isn't the first player to hold out in hopes of getting his big payday. I feel he's earned it. To make things worse, Antonio Brown got his "pay day" and you could argue that if it wasn't for Wallace, he never gets it.

I am biased because I really want Wallace. His skill set will make the other WR's on our team much better like it has for Antonio Brown. I'm tired of fielding a team of possession WR and only running 8 yd routes. If we sign Wallace, re-sign Hartline, and add a seam threat at TE, the middle of the field will be open all day for the others to make plays. Jennings is the safe pick but let's go for the home run!

Big-time players make big-time plays in big-time games.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I am still not sure if Mike Wallace's talents fit with RT's skill set. He is a game changer, but I am not sure if it is a great fit. Might be, but I am still not sure.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I am still not sure if Mike Wallace's talents fit with RT's skill set. He is a game changer, but I am not sure if it is a great fit. Might be, but I am still not sure.
    I just keep envisioning us running some WR screens, end arounds, slants and some passes 20+ yards down the field but instead of having Bess, Hartline, or Moore getting tackled by some LB after a 4 yd gain or having the play have no chance, we'd have Wallace who could take it to the house on any play. That gets me excited!
    Quote Quote