Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 88

Thread: Mando/Rotoworld: Mike Wallace to enter free agency and not get tagged

  1. -51
    Thumper1016's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    2,533
    vCash:
    9581
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJetsBlow View Post
    I have no problem with Greg Jennings, I'd love to have him. I'd just prefer Wallace because of his speed and his ability to get over the top, plus Wallace is a little younger. But I certainly won't bitch if we sign Jennings.
    I agree with you. I am very intrigued by Wallace and what his speed would add to our offense but I just have the feeling he wont even be brought in. I think they are locked in on Jennings and will do what ever they have to sign him.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -52
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    1,663
    vCash:
    2505
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i don't understand the wallace doesn't fit tannehills skill set talk...kind of baffles me really...tannehill can throw the 18 yard comeback from the opposite hash can throw the deep out and hits hartline routinely on routes where he drives on the corner forcing the corner to open his hips and transition into his pedal before gearing down and turning into a dart on the outside...add in those 2 wr sets we love to run vertical pa off with hartline and bess and substitute a clean release wallace in one of those slots and you will have safeties and dbs scared to death of getting beat over the top opening up more space in base set run plays and allowing you to bang them off pa vertical with more efficiency...

    i also don't agree with any tannehill can't throw the ball deep stuff...that's not what i saw this year...mike wallace would do murder in pa would bang the opposition for chunk yardage on comebacks and deep outs and catch quick slants screens and posts with more big play ability than anyone we have on the roster...

    design ways to get wallace clean releases off the los either by motion or by stacking the wrs etc and he'll do murder...and when teams do try to press him he's so quick and explosive they usually go to press bail and he gets into his route and off the los efficiently...
    100 percent true.

    Thanks, hooshoops.

    GREAT post -- and what Wallace brings to the table is rare for a team. RARE. And RT's throws that are incompletions for scrubs like Hartline, Bess and Co. would be TDs and long gainers w. Wallace.

    LD
    Quote Quote  

  3. -53
    Wildbill3's Avatar
    Misery Loves Company

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2001
    Posts:
    24,717
    vCash:
    1472
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    wallace will end up a cowboy, jerry jones will overpay anyone. Steve ross wont even think of gettin in a bidding war with jerry cause he would lose.
    Ah setting yourself up to be angry at jeff if we pay wallace, and if we don't pay wallace. Very Mando-like.

    Quote Quote  

  4. -54
    Fins1971's Avatar
    C'mon Dolphins

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2009
    Posts:
    2,462
    vCash:
    5555
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    While everyone is screaming for Wallace, nobody is mentioning that the Steeelers offense was almost as pitiful as ours.

    If Wallace opens it up so much why did the Steelers only score 21 points per game the last 2 years.

    There offense isn't much better than ours and Wallace is supposedly their big play threat.

    They score 3 points more per game then us but have the best defense in the league.

    The fact that their defense allowed 47 less first downs than us would probably end up amounting to 3 offensive points per game easily.

    I'm just not convinced that getting Wallace is going to make this dramatic change. Just look at Pittsburgh's offense.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -55
    Birdmond's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2012
    Posts:
    595
    vCash:
    1947
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Mando/Rotoworld: Mike Wallace to enter free agency and not get tagged

    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    While everyone is screaming for Wallace, nobody is mentioning that the Steeelers offense was almost as pitiful as ours.

    If Wallace opens it up so much why did the Steelers only score 21 points per game the last 2 years.

    There offense isn't much better than ours and Wallace is supposedly their big play threat.

    They score 3 points more per game then us but have the best defense in the league.

    The fact that their defense allowed 47 less first downs than us would probably end up amounting to 3 offensive points per game easily.

    I'm just not convinced that getting Wallace is going to make this dramatic change. Just look at Pittsburgh's offense.
    Well the Steelers lost two starting offensive lineman and Big Ben missed some games and when he did play he was not 100%.

    Do you think the Bears thought that since Miami's offense sucked that they should not sign Brandon Marshall?
    Quote Quote  

  6. -56
    uk_dolfan's Avatar
    Super Donator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2012
    Posts:
    6,012
    vCash:
    8734
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation Logo
Gift received at 03-18-2014, 10:36 PM from DisturbedShifty
Message: I saw the PS controller so I figured you'd like the PS logo as well.1972 Dolphins LogoPS4 ControllerMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91

    Re: Mando/Rotoworld: Mike Wallace to enter free agency and not get tagged

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    Ah setting yourself up to be angry at jeff if we pay wallace, and if we don't pay wallace. Very Mando-like.
    We could sign Jennings Wallace Bowe Bush Hartline Keller and Cook all for the league minimum wage this summer and some people would still attack Ireland.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -57
    Fins1971's Avatar
    C'mon Dolphins

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2009
    Posts:
    2,462
    vCash:
    5555
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdmond View Post
    Well the Steelers lost two starting offensive lineman and Big Ben missed some games and when he did play he was not 100%.

    Do you think the Bears thought that since Miami's offense sucked that they should not sign Brandon Marshall?
    Good excuse for 2012, but the Steelers offense sucked the year before also.

    And the Marshall signing didn't really improve their offense, you are proving my point.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -58
    finitis23's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2009
    Posts:
    253
    vCash:
    1235
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    wallace will end up a cowboy, jerry jones will overpay anyone. Steve ross wont even think of gettin in a bidding war with jerry cause he would lose.
    go check out the Cowboy's cap situation ...
    Quote Quote  

  9. -59
    CallMeDaddy's Avatar
    CMD

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    1,284
    vCash:
    9257
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation LogoSnakes!
Gift received at 01-14-2014, 04:21 PM from DisturbedShifty
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    Good excuse for 2012, but the Steelers offense sucked the year before also.

    And the Marshall signing didn't really improve their offense, you are proving my point.
    Cutler had a bad year and was injured after a concussion. And it doesn't help that the Bears had one of the worst Offensive Coordinators in the nfl with Mike Tice. And the fact that the Bears had the worst Oline in the nfl and most injury plagued Oline in the nfl doesn't really help the Bears any.

    And I don't think you can say Marshall didn't improve the Bears offense since he did demand double teams constantly, the Bears just didn't have anybody else to throw to, Knox was out for the season, Hester sucks, and Jeffery was inconsistent and injured throughout the year. Their next best receiver was Forte who was also injured for a good part of the year.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -60
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    31,122
    vCash:
    17764
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    We could sign Jennings Wallace Bowe Bush Hartline Keller and Cook all for the league minimum wage this summer and some people would still attack Ireland.
    Yea how dare we not like a gm that has built a team that hasnt had a winning season in the last 4 years, how irrational
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

    WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

    WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Free Agency, target undervalued not Mike Wallace!
    By normaniii in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-10-2013, 02:09 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-10-2013, 11:25 AM
  3. Mando Article: Philbin Free Agency on Table
    By Hayden Fox in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-31-2012, 07:15 PM
  4. Agent: Turkoglu to enter free agency
    By Dolfan3773 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 09:17 PM
  5. Ogunleye to enter free agency
    By MARLINSFAN305 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2004, 05:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •