Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 88

Thread: Mando/Rotoworld: Mike Wallace to enter free agency and not get tagged

  1. -61
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2009
    Posts:
    661
    vCash:
    3423
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not nearly the Mike Wallace fan that others are around here - maybe I just haven't seen him enough. What I have seen is tremendous speed and ability to blow out the top of just about any defense. What I haven't seen is consistent crisp routes, great hands, the ability to win balls and play physical. Don't get me wrong - he would be the best receiver on our team by a fair margin just on physical ability alone, but $12M+ a year for a one-dimensional player (yes, I know it's a great dimension, but still) is just too much. You add in the fact that he didn't win a lot of fans in Pittsburgh with his attitude and work ethic (and no one there is sad to see him go) and I say we go with Jennings and the draft to fill the WR position.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -62
    CANDolphan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2006
    Posts:
    2,930
    vCash:
    1426
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can we please stop calling him one dimensional? It's been proven again, and again, and again that it's simply not true.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -63
    CANDolphan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2006
    Posts:
    2,930
    vCash:
    1426
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Yea how dare we not like a gm that has built a team that hasnt had a winning season in the last 4 years, how irrational
    There you have it folks. Point proven. As we all know, its a scientific fact that all that matters is the GM. Not the coach, not the scheme, not the player development. It's the GM.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -64
    Wildbill3's Avatar
    Misery Loves Company

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2001
    Posts:
    25,048
    vCash:
    5920
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    There you have it folks. Point proven. As we all know, its a scientific fact that all that matters is the GM. Not the coach, not the scheme, not the player development. It's the GM.
    Absolutely not true! all that matters is keeping the team and stadium the same, stop hosting super bowls stop trying to market the team, fire the owner, the gm, the gm's assistant, (well anyone who was here with parcell's)... and then maybe when the dolphins have a completely different front office in LA... the fans of the dolphins erm the team formerly known as the dolphins ... will finally be happy.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

    Quote Quote  

  5. -65
    CANDolphan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2006
    Posts:
    2,930
    vCash:
    1426
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The way people bitch about Ireland I'm convinced that if he made all the moves Belichick typically does, they'd complain.

    Trades a bottom 2nd rounder for a future 1st rounder? OH WAY TO SCREW UP THE PRESENT IRELAND.
    Drafts TE with injury issues out of college? THANKS FIRELAND. HE'S OUT OF THE LEAGUE NEXT WEEK.

    I mean, the guy is not perfect, but if you can't sincerely see that he drafts based on coaching input, then you're blind. Sparano is a power run guy who wanted muscle over speed. LOOK AT THOSE DRAFTS.

    Now look at last years. If you don't see a noticeable difference with a lot more emphasis on a different mantra of guy, then you're dishonest or you aren't looking. Give the guy time with Philbin. Sparano was clearly a loser (ask the Jets) so maybe, just maybe, there's a variable outside of Jeff Ireland? If you take away that freak season with the wildcat and Chad Pennington, Sparano had a miserable run as a head coach. His system did. not. work. Philbin's newly installed system, run on the back of a rookie QB, cast off RB, a white possession receiver and stud DE, showed serious signs of improvement.

    I think he's earned a season to prove he knows where he's going. It's like a ship. You can't change course immediately like a jetski. If you're going to have a long lasting pleasure cruise (multiple playoffs, etc) then you have to take the long route. If you want immediate results that fade out, like 2008, by all means. Not for me, though.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -66
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,621
    vCash:
    12351
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    The way people bitch about Ireland I'm convinced that if he made all the moves Belichick typically does, they'd complain.

    Trades a bottom 2nd rounder for a future 1st rounder? OH WAY TO SCREW UP THE PRESENT IRELAND.
    Drafts TE with injury issues out of college? THANKS FIRELAND. HE'S OUT OF THE LEAGUE NEXT WEEK.

    I mean, the guy is not perfect, but if you can't sincerely see that he drafts based on coaching input, then you're blind. Sparano is a power run guy who wanted muscle over speed. LOOK AT THOSE DRAFTS.

    Now look at last years. If you don't see a noticeable difference with a lot more emphasis on a different mantra of guy, then you're dishonest or you aren't looking. Give the guy time with Philbin. Sparano was clearly a loser (ask the Jets) so maybe, just maybe, there's a variable outside of Jeff Ireland? If you take away that freak season with the wildcat and Chad Pennington, Sparano had a miserable run as a head coach. His system did. not. work. Philbin's newly installed system, run on the back of a rookie QB, cast off RB, a white possession receiver and stud DE, showed serious signs of improvement.

    I think he's earned a season to prove he knows where he's going. It's like a ship. You can't change course immediately like a jetski. If you're going to have a long lasting pleasure cruise (multiple playoffs, etc) then you have to take the long route. If you want immediate results that fade out, like 2008, by all means. Not for me, though.
    You're right, he isn't perfect. He's not even above average. Belichick gets away with mistakes because has and does win. I must have missed the part where Ireland built a team that has won three Super Bowls. I must have missed the part where Ireland has built a team that had more than one winning season. Ireland has overseen the worst period in franchise history.

    Trades a bottom 2nd rounder for a future 1st rounder? OH WAY TO SCREW UP THE PRESENT IRELAND.
    Also, when did this happen? I remember him trading a former first rounder for a bottom second rounder, not the other way around.

    Valandui's Weekly Music Video

    Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqJA1Rteio
    Quote Quote  

  7. -67
    CANDolphan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2006
    Posts:
    2,930
    vCash:
    1426
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    Also, when did this happen? I remember him trading a former first rounder for a bottom second rounder, not the other way around.
    If you'll notice, they were hypothetical situations, based on what Belichick has done. Come on now man.

    And Belichick had Tom Brady fall into his lap. He's a good coach, but we can stop pretending he's a master at the draft. He's drafted more than his fair share of mega busts.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -68
    Phinatic8u's Avatar
    FinHeaven's Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    9,613
    vCash:
    10476
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    w/o Brady the Patriots are a sub .500 team and Beli is a DC for the Lions.


    Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

  9. -69
    uk_dolfan's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2012
    Posts:
    7,145
    vCash:
    16498
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    w/o Brady the Patriots are a sub .500 team and Beli is a DC for the Lions.
    We both know this isnt true.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -70
    Phinatic8u's Avatar
    FinHeaven's Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    9,613
    vCash:
    10476
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    We both know this isnt true.
    Why not?

    There team is very average w/o Brady.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Free Agency, target undervalued not Mike Wallace!
    By normaniii in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-10-2013, 02:09 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-10-2013, 11:25 AM
  3. Mando Article: Philbin Free Agency on Table
    By Hayden Fox in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-31-2012, 07:15 PM
  4. Agent: Turkoglu to enter free agency
    By Dolfan3773 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 09:17 PM
  5. Ogunleye to enter free agency
    By MARLINSFAN305 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2004, 05:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •