Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Is the story of Manti Teo's girlfriend dying a hoax?

Hybrid View

  1. -1
    COphinphan89's Avatar
    Ours is the fury.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    4,883
    vCash:
    2468
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend is a hoax

    Last edited by COphinphan89; 01-16-2013 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Update
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"


    Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    uk_dolfan's Avatar
    Super Donator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2012
    Posts:
    7,010
    vCash:
    15619
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

    Te'o's girlfriend didn't die... she didnt get in a car crash... she didnt even exist!

    http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-te...ason-is-a-hoax


    Apparently he made the entire thing up the supposed girlfriend didn't even exist. Is this guy for real? Is he just a nutcase? Crazy story if this is true! If this is true it wont help his draft stock!
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    uk_dolfan's Avatar
    Super Donator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2012
    Posts:
    7,010
    vCash:
    15619
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Oh its true, the University have released a statement saying he was a victim of a hoax (lies)
    Last edited by uk_dolfan; 01-16-2013 at 06:43 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Dolfan3773's Avatar
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2006
    Posts:
    6,694
    vCash:
    2375
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I just saw that...crazy stuff.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    COphinphan89's Avatar
    Ours is the fury.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    4,883
    vCash:
    2468
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If the article is true then that's insane. I'll just wait and see what happens before I decide what to think about it though.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Slim's Avatar
    VIPeezy

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    2,496
    vCash:
    810
    Loc:
    Montreal, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't understand how Te'o could possibly be innocent in this. Just don't believe it.

    Who was he talking to every night over the phone??
    Sig courtesy of @dolfan565

    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    COphinphan89's Avatar
    Ours is the fury.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    4,883
    vCash:
    2468
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So was he conned or did he perpetrate the whole thing? The article is so long I didn't read all of it.

    Author is on Le Batard right now.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    finfanaz's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2010
    Posts:
    835
    vCash:
    647
    Loc:
    Tempe, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    So was he conned or did he perpetrate the whole thing? The article is so long I didn't read all of it.

    Author is on Le Batard right now.

    If there's any story you need to fully read it's this one. Going to be the biggest one of the year, no question.

    There has already been an update, with Te'o and his family telling Notre Dame that he was "victim" of a hoax. Which is complete bull****, as if you read the article, or know anything about the story from this College season, he said he talked with her all the time and met her more than a few times.

    Alot of people are speculating that he might be gay. May be crazy speculation but think about what a Mormon going to Notre Dame would do to cover up maybe a different relationship? I'm not saying I'm sold on it. People are just speculating... But this could go any number of ways. I'm trying to think of a reason why he would create such a lie and I can't think of a reason better than that lol..

    What we do know is he was apart of it and him denying it is complete horse****.
    "Any ideology that fundamentally divides one group from another and prevents them from recognizing their common humanity is a problem" - Sam Harris

    Fin fan till' the coffin slams!
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    WVDolphan's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    14,431
    vCash:
    4894
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by finfanaz View Post
    If there's any story you need to fully read it's this one. Going to be the biggest one of the year, no question.

    There has already been an update, with Te'o and his family telling Notre Dame that he was "victim" of a hoax. Which is complete bull****, as if you read the article, or know anything about the story from this College season, he said he talked with her all the time and met her more than a few times.

    Alot of people are speculating that he might be gay. May be crazy speculation but think about what a Mormon going to Notre Dame would do to cover up maybe a different relationship? I'm not saying I'm sold on it. People are just speculating... But this could go any number of ways. I'm trying to think of a reason why he would create such a lie and I can't think of a reason better than that lol..

    What we do know is he was apart of it and him denying it is complete horse****.
    You could be on to something here. If he is gay, he could have used this story to avoid relationships with women and the questions that would come from his lack of involvement with a woman. He couldve simply sold everyone the "the love of my life died and I cant get involved emotionally with a woman again" line whenever anyone questioned why he dosent have a gf or wife.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    -=DolfanDave=-'s Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    3,761
    vCash:
    8544
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfanaz View Post
    If there's any story you need to fully read it's this one. Going to be the biggest one of the year, no question.

    There has already been an update, with Te'o and his family telling Notre Dame that he was "victim" of a hoax. Which is complete bull****, as if you read the article, or know anything about the story from this College season, he said he talked with her all the time and met her more than a few times.

    Alot of people are speculating that he might be gay. May be crazy speculation but think about what a Mormon going to Notre Dame would do to cover up maybe a different relationship? I'm not saying I'm sold on it. People are just speculating... But this could go any number of ways. I'm trying to think of a reason why he would create such a lie and I can't think of a reason better than that lol..

    What we do know is he was apart of it and him denying it is complete horse****.
    Te'o contends that he made up the stories of actually meeting Lennay Kekua, his reported girlfriend, because he was embarrassed to admit their relationship only consisted of online interaction.

    ---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    You could be on to something here. If he is gay, he could have used this story to avoid relationships with women and the questions that would come from his lack of involvement with a woman. He couldve simply sold everyone the "the love of my life died and I cant get involved emotionally with a woman again" line whenever anyone questioned why he dosent have a gf or wife.


    But that would make too much sense.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-27-2013, 08:23 PM
  2. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-26-2013, 10:44 PM
  3. McCain aide was responsible for pushing hoax story.
    By Tetragrammaton in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 10-25-2008, 03:39 PM
  4. Replies: 104
    Last Post: 02-21-2006, 09:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •