Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NRA ad brings Obama kids into gun debate; White House fights back

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

NRA ad brings Obama kids into gun debate; White House fights back

The National Rifle Association has posted a new video on its website calling President Obama “an elitist hypocrite” for dismissing the group’s suggestion to put armed guards in schools while his own daughters have Secret Service protection.

See Video:
    http://nrastandandfight.com/

“Are the president’s kids more important than yours?” the narrator asks. “Then why is he skeptical about putting armed security in our schools when his kids are protected by armed guards at their school?”
    The video, which also is running on the Sportsman Channel, says the president "demands the wealthy pay their fair share of taxes, but he’s just another elitist hypocrite when it comes to a fair share of security."
    The White House responded Wednesday. "Most Americans agree that a president's children should not be used as pawns in a political fight," said the president's press secretary Jay Carney. "But to go so far as to make the safety of the president's children the subject of an attack ad is repugnant and cowardly."
    http://todaynews.today.com/_news/201...ghts-back?lite

Have the NRA gone too far?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    oooooooh i see. its ok to offer 23 executive orders that will do NOTHING to stop gun violence, while having multiple children standing beside you in political theatre. but asking a legitimate question about how it is ok to have armed guards for your kids while my kids get a hall moniter, is somehow "hate speech"?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldn't call it hate speech, but there was absolutely no reason to bring his kids into the debate. Considering the best way to blackmail the POTUS would be to acquire his kids, it makes sense for numerous reasons to keep them guarded and safe. These are completely different situations. The NRA just hit a new low as far as I'm concerned...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Call me crazy but why am I getting lectured about gun violence and innocent deaths. By a president that drops drone bombs on people that didn't have anything to do with 9-11. A lot of them women and children and even Americans. While he supplies weapons to drug cartels and jihadists in Syria???? What's next is George Bush going to lecture me about world peace and fiscal government???

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I wouldn't call it hate speech, but there was absolutely no reason to bring his kids into the debate. Considering the best way to blackmail the POTUS would be to acquire his kids, it makes sense for numerous reasons to keep them guarded and safe. These are completely different situations. The NRA just hit a new low as far as I'm concerned...
    bro, you do realize that hours after the NRA did this ad, the preisdent was offering executive orders surrounded by children, we all know these orders are politically driven and will do nothing to help stop these horrible shootings. as a parent, i find that offensive.

this is the same president who convinced the electorate that the rich were the problem and if we somehow just made them pay a little more, it would solve all of our problems. its the same president who said that republicans wanted children with handicaps and disabilities to not get care. democrats and republicans will do anything they can to make the other side look apauling. this is political theatre. stop buying into it.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Call me crazy but why am I getting lectured about gun violence and innocent deaths. By a president that drops drone bombs on people that didn't have anything to do with 9-11. A lot of them women and children and even Americans. While he supplies weapons to drug cartels and jihadists in Syria???? What's next is George Bush going to lecture me about world peace and fiscal government???
    youre just a racist. obama won a nobel peace prize, there is no way he could do all the things you just said he did.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im not 100% with the bringing the kids into it, although the NRA hasn't exactly made me smile lately with all the blame they are trying to shift to the video game industry.

I don't have time now, but i want to make a new thread on what I just saw. Did you guys have any idea the technology is basically very close, if not here already to make guns at home with a 3D printer??

I just saw a video on a gun forum where a guy used a (its on youtube) 3D resin printer and made a hi capacity AR15 mag and put it into his AR with a printed receiver!

How exactly are they going to control guns now?

Are gangs going to just be able to print guns in the future, while they will be possibly outlawed from us (me at least, I live in NY)?
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    bro, you do realize that hours after the NRA did this ad, the preisdent was offering executive orders surrounded by children, we all know these orders are politically driven and will do nothing to help stop these horrible shootings. as a parent, i find that offensive.

this is the same president who convinced the electorate that the rich were the problem and if we somehow just made them pay a little more, it would solve all of our problems. its the same president who said that republicans wanted children with handicaps and disabilities to not get care. democrats and republicans will do anything they can to make the other side look apauling. this is political theatre. stop buying into it.
    Children are used for political purposes all the time. Bush was surrounded by them when signing No Child Left Behind, which did little to stop the horrible decline our of education system. Did you miss all the candidates kissing babies while campaigning? Did you miss people trying to attack the first amendment under the guise of "protecting the children"? The NRA brought that one up again recently(and not just in the attack ads). Children and American politics have been linked for decades if not centuries.

Can you please provide the quote of Obama stating that taxing the rich will fix everything. I missed that one and would be interested in reading that quote. To be honest, i think the most interesting thing about that quote would be the rights inability to shove it down his throat. Either way, would appreciate you throwing it up here.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post

These executive orders are things such as look into violent video games (complete bull****), enforce current laws about background checks, fill the tobacco, alcohol, and firearms president position, etc. None of them are anything a reasonable person should be worried about. It was all political grand standing meant to keep the anti-gun crowd pacified for a while. Using that as justification for bringing the President's children into this is ridiculous. Pragmatically, the President didn't do a damn thing about anything gun related. But bringing the President's kids into this? That's a different animal entirely.

My specialty isn't in criminal psychology, so I can't speak to anything more than generalities, but this was a ****ing stupid thing for the NRA to do. A conspiracy theorist would say it was done on purpose to illicit the response I'm going to describe, but I honestly just think they were too stupid to know what they just did. For all intents and purposes, they just put a huge bullseye on the backs of Obama's kids. Back when that AZ congresswomen got shot, everyone raised hell because she was on a list Palin had put up with bullseyes and talking about them needing to go away or whatever. She had meant it as they needed to be replaced in the upcoming elections, but that schizophrenic guy who ended up actually shooting her took it very differently. Everyone blamed Palin and said she got Gifford shot and blah blah. In fact, Palin DID get Gifford shot, but unintentionally. You give an unstable person with a gun a target and justification, and stuff like this happens. Well the NRA just did that with the Obama kids, and they did it at a time when a hyper-polarizing topic is being discussed by an already hyper-polarizing President. You have hyper-emotional people who are being lied to and told that their guns are being taken away, and the NRA just points out someone who apparently will never have THEIR guns taken away. You won't see it reported anywhere, and guaranteed it'll be on purpose, but I have zero doubts we'll now see the Obama kids' secret service detail increase in size for the next few weeks. What a stupid, stupid thing for the NRA to do. ****ing morons...
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Obama used the kid card today when he signed his decree. So as far as I'm concerned F them all!!!!
    Quote Quote