Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
Very good post and I agree with most of what you say. However, I don't know why you guys hate statler, sure he talks a lot of ****. But a lot of his post are intelligent. There are some lib posters on this forum who are just as controversial (borderline douchey).
I can't speak to others, but I can't stand that he won't give a straight-forward answer to a question. It's always a strawman, a half-truth, straight lie, or answers with another question. When he first started posting and I took him seriously, anytime he got caught in a place where he had no answer, he lied and said something about having a degree in the field, which meant that he just knew what he was talking about and didn't need to justify the opinion. There's a reason that's a running joke on the forum. I also can't stand talking to people who condescend regularly. Sometimes it's unavoidable to say something without it coming off like that, but it's like 75% of his posts, despite them usually being bat**** crazy. So I just stopped responding to the guy, but he feels the need to pull my posts out of 8-10 page threads that I've barely participated in, most likely because he knows I'm done with him. I agree he is intelligent, but he is also pretty immature, and obviously a petty person...