Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: NRA ad brings Obama kids into gun debate; White House fights back

1. -11
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Children are used for political purposes all the time. Bush was surrounded by them when signing No Child Left Behind, which did little to stop the horrible decline our of education system. Did you miss all the candidates kissing babies while campaigning? Did you miss people trying to attack the first amendment under the guise of "protecting the children"? The NRA brought that one up again recently(and not just in the attack ads). Children and American politics have been linked for decades if not centuries.

Can you please provide the quote of Obama stating that taxing the rich will fix everything. I missed that one and would be interested in reading that quote. To be honest, i think the most interesting thing about that quote would be the rights inability to shove it down his throat. Either way, would appreciate you throwing it up here.
    you could of saved yourself a reply if you would of read my post. i admitted that ALL politicians do this. they cry and cry about how horrible and insensitive the "other side" is, then they turn around and do the exact same **** and expect you to buy it.

of course obama never said it, it was implied, look at the many examples of obama supporters thinking all of their problems were gone when he won the 2008 election.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    you could of saved yourself a reply if you would of read my post. i admitted that ALL politicians do this. they cry and cry about how horrible and insensitive the "other side" is, then they turn around and do the exact same **** and expect you to buy it.

of course obama never said it, it was implied, look at the many examples of obama supporters thinking all of their problems were gone when he won the 2008 election.
    Yet your only offended when it comes to gun control, interesting.

Oh, so he never said that. Its "implied". Despite him backing down from the demand years on end and only getting an increase on +$400,000, its "implied" that he believes taxing the top percent of Americans would fix every single one of our problems. This "implied" belief is 100% factual because some ill-informed supporters believe it. Right. Okay.

By the way, do you really want to base your argument on what "supporters" say? Because i can pull up the Chuck Norris 1000 years of darkness political ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    its all right, Im a rice dick apparently.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boone, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its classless and tasteless. But what do you expect froma money hungry lobbey. Every family of the president has always had gunned protection. Obama is already trying to get more Armed police in schools. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...ficers-schools
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just want to know what size ammo clips Obama's guards roll with????

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Yet your only offended when it comes to gun control, interesting.

Oh, so he never said that. Its "implied". Despite him backing down from the demand years on end and only getting an increase on +$400,000, its "implied" that he believes taxing the top percent of Americans would fix every single one of our problems. This "implied" belief is 100% factual because some ill-informed supporters believe it. Right. Okay.

By the way, do you really want to base your argument on what "supporters" say? Because i can pull up the Chuck Norris 1000 years of darkness political ad.

What key financial initiatives did he run on besides raising taxes on the wealthy? Entitlements? Military? Banking?

Dude. Regarding chuck Norris. What part of "both sides do it" don't you understand. I'm not a partisan like you, I guess it's hard for you to see that both sides suck. Keep slurping away.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    I just want to know what size ammo clips Obama's guards roll with????
    Irrelevent considering they are protecting the POTUS, the first lady, and their kids. The leader of the free world is pretty much going to have protection that is armed to the teeth...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Irrelevent considering they are protecting the POTUS, the first lady, and their kids. The leader of the free world is pretty much going to have protection that is armed to the teeth...
    I'm amazed anyone would bring up the fact that the president gets armed protection as some kind of hypocrisy relative to gun control. Seriously, that's what you dingbats are stooping too?

The president is not like you, guys. He's not like me. He's the president. He's special... much more special than you are, despite what your mother told you. He rides around in an armored car and any plane he's on gets renamed just because he's on it. I've checked with Delta. That doesn't happen for other people.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    What key financial initiatives did he run on besides raising taxes on the wealthy? Entitlements? Military? Banking?

Dude. Regarding chuck Norris. What part of "both sides do it" don't you understand. I'm not a partisan like you, I guess it's hard for you to see that both sides suck. Keep slurping away.

The guy declaring Obama believes that taxing the rich will solve all of America's problems is calling others partisans. I laughed, good one.

I just want you to back up one of your absurd claims for once. Dont get me wrong, i enjoy these insane declarations, they are a treat. But ive recently been curious to see if i could get an interwebz equivalent to a "deer in headlights" moment from you. You havent disappointed.

No doubt you believe saying "both sides suck" makes you appear unbiased and bipartisan. This is incorrect. Many of us on here can recognize false equivalences and association fallacies. Personally, im one of those people who laughs when Republicans mess up and laughs when Democrats mess up. Unlike you, i dont declare "both sides suck" when one side is overwhelmingly at fault in a vain attempt to displace blame. The fact that youve been scrambling to make that claim recently and ive been vocal in my laughter towards the right says more about the current state of the GOP then it does our posts.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    I'm amazed anyone would bring up the fact that the president gets armed protection as some kind of hypocrisy relative to gun control. Seriously, that's what you dingbats are stooping too?

The president is not like you, guys. He's not like me. He's the president. He's special... much more special than you are, despite what your mother told you. He rides around in an armored car and any plane he's on gets renamed just because he's on it. I've checked with Delta. That doesn't happen for other people.
    The President is supposed to be special, but lately we've kind of failed at putting special people in the office.

And i dont care if the NRA put out an ad, look at the real sub context. Even without SS protection, the school employees 11 armed guards to protect all the children. I was actually impressed Obama put in the EO and EM list that he wants to fund more resource officers and counselors for schools. Pleasantly surprised.
    NOT surprised that the people that ridiculed the idea are totally silent about how bad an idea it is now though......

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post

I could not disagree with you more.

I have said the NRA was wrong in bringing his daughters into this, I have also said I thought them blaming the video game industry was BS.

I will go further by saying the President is special, deserves all the security he receives, mostly because of the increased threat levels he is probably constantly under.

Where I completely disagree with you though is when the President or in my case, Governor Cuomo sits down and outlaws a class of weapon or magazine etc. for the general public, yet continues to benefit from that very class of weaponery through increased security, is not only "probably" hypocritical, it is the very definition of the word.

Yes, these men face much more threats than the average joe, but every day hundreds of people run into situations that are just as dangerous as they do.
    Last edited by phinfan3411; 01-17-2013 at 09:29 PM.
    Quote Quote