Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: NRA ad brings Obama kids into gun debate; White House fights back

1. -21
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    I could not disagree with you more.

I have said the NRA was wrong in bringing his daughters into this, I have also said I thought them blaming the video game industry was BS.

I will go further by saying the President is special, deserves all the security he receives, mostly because of the increased threat levels he is probably constantly under.

Where I completely disagree with you though is when the President or in my case, Governor Cuomo sits down and outlaws a class of weapon or magazine etc. for the general public, yet continues to benefit from that very class of weaponery through increased security, is not only "probably" hypocritical, it is the very defenition of the word.

Yes, these men face much more threats than the average joe, but every day hundreds of people run into situations that are just as dangerous as they do.
    Heres a question for anyone that may know. At what point did the Presidents detail start carrying automatic weapons and why? Every Presidential assasination or attempt that i recall happened with a hand gun or sniper rifle. So, why the overkill?

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Irrelevent considering they are protecting the POTUS, the first lady, and their kids. The leader of the free world is pretty much going to have protection that is armed to the teeth...
    Not irrelevent at all. They know that so called "high capacity" clips is the best for self defense. Just like law-abiding, 2nd amendment exercising, Bill of Rights fans know that truth as well. I think I'm going to become a jihad loving drug cartel and start a oppressive government that brutalizes it's own people to get around this "stopping gun violence" nonsense.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    I could not disagree with you more.

I have said the NRA was wrong in bringing his daughters into this, I have also said I thought them blaming the video game industry was BS.

I will go further by saying the President is special, deserves all the security he receives, mostly because of the increased threat levels he is probably constantly under.

Where I completely disagree with you though is when the President or in my case, Governor Cuomo sits down and outlaws a class of weapon or magazine etc. for the general public, yet continues to benefit from that very class of weaponery through increased security, is not only "probably" hypocritical, it is the very defenition of the word.

Yes, these men face much more threats than the average joe, but every day hundreds of people run into situations that are just as dangerous as they do.
    Do as I say not as I do.

We're not important as they are. A basic 2nd amendment right off having enough bullets in your gun to defend yourself is only reserved for me and my boys. You not so much.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Obama and many of others are missing the boat just like on health care. We have had guns available to our citizens for over 200 years and have really just had these issues the past 25 years. Why was it working then and not now. What has changed? That is where the real problems are. As far as the violence we are seeing it is media driven. It reports whatever makes it money and this type of reporting makes it lots of money. Follow the money. Same with health care we pay huge premiums so our doctors can pay off their huge student loan debt, settle huge law suits which pay the lawyers big money, the medical field is also one of the most profitble fields to work in and then you have the insurance industry itself. We are never going to solve this issue either with the fox es watching the hen house. That's means to you kids that Capitol Hill congress, senate and the presidential office along with all our judges consisting of almost all lawyers so all of our laws and wealth are going to continue to get tilted in their favor and away from the rest of their country men. It's great that we finally have a African American president so we can finally get the rest of the world
    off our back about the 200 year slavery issue. Now it's time to also put behind us the racist policies our government crams down our throats every time we fill a government form reminding us that color does count because they are making us count it.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phintim View Post
    Obama and many of others are missing the boat just like on health care. We have had guns available to our citizens for over 200 years and have really just had these issues the past 25 years. Why was it working then and not now. What has changed? That is where the real problems are. As far as the violence we are seeing it is media driven. It reports whatever makes it money and this type of reporting makes it lots of money. Follow the money. Same with health care we pay huge premiums so our doctors can pay off their huge student loan debt, settle huge law suits which pay the lawyers big money, the medical field is also one of the most profitble fields to work in and then you have the insurance industry itself. We are never going to solve this issue either with the fox es watching the hen house. That's means to you kids that Capitol Hill congress, senate and the presidential office along with all our judges consisting of almost all lawyers so all of our laws and wealth are going to continue to get tilted in their favor and away from the rest of their country men. It's great that we finally have a African American president so we can finally get the rest of the world
    off our back about the 200 year slavery issue. Now it's time to also put behind us the racist policies our government crams down our throats every time we fill a government form reminding us that color does count because they are making us count it.
    http://www.finheaven.com/show...post1064530320

Check the post made by Gonzo, laundry list of crimes dating back to the 50's.

The list could go onwards dating all the way back to the founding of our nation and our habit of using rifles to slaughter "savages"...or as they are otherwise known: native americans.

Violence is nothing new. The only relatively new thing concerning violence is the number of victims during each incident. Media has nothing to do with that. Thats solely on the evolution of weaponry and war.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phintim View Post
    Over the last 30 years you've also seen a 24 hour news cycle develop, which explains why you're more aware of it. It's reported and recycled till the next big event comes. Thats why i refer to our society as a Microwave Society. We dont have the attention span it takes to wait for popcorn
    "Got the bubble headed bleach blonde comes on at 5, she can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a gleam in her eye"
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Irrelevent considering they are protecting the POTUS, the first lady, and their kids. The leader of the free world is pretty much going to have protection that is armed to the teeth...

You’ve been one of the biggest critics of the proposal to have armed guards in our schools because you claim they are ineffective at stopping violence…however, if they are ineffective at stopping violence then how can you turn around and suggest the President and his family need armed guards? It’s scary how good you are at contradicting yourself.
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post

You’ve been one of the biggest critics of the proposal to have armed guards in our schools because you claim they are ineffective at stopping violence…however, if they are ineffective at stopping violence then how can you turn around and suggest the President and his family need armed guards? It’s scary how good you are at contradicting yourself.
    I thought homosexuality was a sin Statler? I think you may need to explain to Jesus your fascination with me. The average person would mistake your need to constantly respond to me and no one else as a gay crush...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought homosexuality was a sin Statler? I think you may need to explain to Jesus your fascination with me. The average person would mistake your need to constantly respond to me and no one else as a gay crush...
    That's all you've got? So you concede that you were contradicting yourself? I take it upon myself to point out irrationality and logical inconsistencies on here, you just happen to commit them the most, that is certainly not my fault.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    That's all you've got? So you concede that you were contradicting yourself? I take it upon myself to point out irrationality and logical inconsistencies on here, you just happen to commit them the most, that is certainly not my fault.
    I'm married Statler. I'm flattered you think I'm attractive enough to forsake Jesus and your entire ideology, but I just don't like ****. Besides, I like to think I could do a little better than some delusional pathological liar if I were gay. I think you should go straight to your pastor and talk to him about these funny feelings you're getting. Maybe he can help you and Jesus come to an understanding...
    Quote Quote